Hummel

jjbscotty12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

So is the white strip just for Jewish Rangers supporters or are we all allowed to wear it? 

Pretty sure the white one is for gentiles. The Jew one is supposed to be similar but with a gold star.

50 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Neal Heard his name is, massive retro football top collector and does exhibitions and has a book out etc.

Does know his stuff to be fair. Don't think he means Rangers aren't big enough to wear Nike tops but that Nike aren't willing to pay big money in our current situation where as we will be Hummels big draw. I'm actually looking forward to the Hummel tops. Might actually be a wee bit different from the norm. Made a few classics in the past.

Agreed...... As the article said Nike can be boring, same top different club badge.

Looking forward to see what Hummel produce. 

1 minute ago, Craiggybear said:

How so? 

1 minute ago, Craiggybear said:

How so? 

Well it used to be that each strip was used for 2 years and the home and away ones changed on alternating years so you would only have to buy say a home kit every other year, but now it's 3 different strips every season, sorry but that's not right!

31 minutes ago, mus said:

Well it used to be that each strip was used for 2 years and the home and away ones changed on alternating years so you would only have to buy say a home kit every other year, but now it's 3 different strips every season, sorry but that's not right!

The taigs currently sell:

Home short sleeve
Home long sleeve
Home short sleeve without sponsor
Home long sleeve without sponsoor
1st away short sleeve
1st away long sleeve
1st away short sleeve without sponsor
1st away long sleeve without sponsor
2nd away short sleeve
2nd away long sleeve
2nd away short sleeve without sponsor
2nd away long sleeve without sponsor
Plus goalie tops
Plus a load of "retro"  (e.g old shite at new prices). 

We'll probably have home,  away,  2nd away. Nowt wrong with that imo. 

17 minutes ago, mus said:

Is it me or does 3 kits a year seem to be taking the piss out of the fans some what (yet again)

The whole thing is a racket. Although at the end of the day the fans don’t need to buy them. Does put pressure on parents though. 

1 minute ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Yup, Fluminense. Looks like the '93-'94 kit to me. Loved that Fiorentina kit next to it as well. 

Aye that's a belter.

Actually went to one of these exhibitions in London last year. Hoping to see 1 or 2 Rangers tops but there wasn't any.

1 hour ago, Craiggybear said:

The fuck is that stripy coca cola monstrosity hanging up? 

IMG_20180423_215309.png

That's Neal Herd. He has a great book out about football shirts. For the love of the shirt I think it's called. I have that StEttienne shirt but in long sleeves, I also have the Fiorentina one. The Coke one is Fluminense. They played at the Florida cup.

22 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Aye that's a belter.

Actually went to one of these exhibitions in London last year. Hoping to see 1 or 2 Rangers tops but there wasn't any.

There rarely is, clearly lacking some quality taste with their selections. We've had some absolute classics. '92 to '99 was by far our best run of home kits to date. 

We do lack in stylish (or should i say) buyable tops, we need to be more product savvy at the club.

There a huge retro opportunity at the moment we need to look at the late 60s through to the mid 80s for some ideas.

I was hugely disappointed with the offerings in the Rangers shop - opted for the black top.

Everything was blue ( i know thats our colour) but we need to get with the times, more Orange more dark blue - start stocking good footwear.

It was like a throwback to Pritpal Singhs in Renfrew.

Archived