Morelos warm up today.

Smile

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t believe the stick the boy is getting. 

He is 21, in a new country, is our top goal scorer and is clearly in need of a rest having pretty much played 2 years of solid football.

He’s contributed way more than most this season.

People are on his back for a dreadful miss against celtic, but forget that can happen to anyone. He’s done a lot of good, and if not for Gordon making to genuine top class saves we’d be having a different discussion. 

Calling him a ‘cancer’ is fucking ridiculous.

Offers far more than Cummings, who by the way missed an easy one on one yesterday that so many have been claiming he’d score when Morelos has missed in the past. 

As for the warm up, where the fuck is our coaching staff? 

i agree no one should be calling him a cancer

but its not just one miss against celtic its happened a few times this season. Every striker misses a sitter now and then but it happens quite often with Morelos.

He lacks confidence, and doesnt appear to be enjoying playing at the moment. It sounds daft but i think he would benefit with a game or two in the reserves, where he can play without a lot of pressure on him and get back to enjoying playing because i for one am of the belief that players are at their best when they are enjoying playing.

I think the pressure is getting to him. This is why we need a good manager, good managers know how to deal with that kind of thing. Murty or one of the coaches should be taking him to the side and having a word and helping to ease the pressure on him, maybe thats already happened but its certainly not obvious if it has.

I think he will become a better player but im not sure if he will be here next year

5 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Is it to much to put a smile on ur face and get involved in the warm up this is nothin to do with being a body language expert it’s just that any other game he’s got involved shook hands before going off. Add in the fact  that he most likely won’t be here after the summer then it’s time to get persevere with Cummings u know the one who wants to be here 

Is that Cummings the loanee? So he gets development time and a striker on our books doesn’t? If Morelos is as bad as you say how will we get rid of him in the summer? Or if someone is going to buy him then we should be keeping him. 

Morelos smiling made me laugh - it’s not his natural way, is it? 

36 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Is that Cummings the loanee? So he gets development time and a striker on our books doesn’t? If Morelos is as bad as you say how will we get rid of him in the summer? Or if someone is going to buy him then we should be keeping him. 

Yes that’s Cummings the loanee the same Cummings that gets development time because he has shown he wants to be here and if Morelos was showing the same then he would get time of course he would but he looks like he isn’t interested anymore and u could say he’s possibly had his head turned by the lucrative contact he would be gettin in China. I believe he comes from 1 of the poorest parts of Columbia and if he wants to mate plenty before he retires then good on the boy but that’s not what we need we need someone who wants to be here and has the potential to be a very good player for us and that ms Cummings 

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Imagine moaning that our top scorer isn’t cutting about with a big cheeser on his face when we’ve been pumped by the filth, the club is in meltdown and he’s been benched. :lol:

and Kenny Miller is a leader and a winner when does it. 

i get your point 

but its not a great way to start the game off is it? The players should be focusing only at the task at hand. Yes there are lots of problems at the moment and the players have a lot on their mind, but all of that should be put out of mind as soon as they walk thru the Ibrox doorway on match day and all they should be thinking about is the game, even benched players

I expect the players to be feeling a bit down, but Morelos knew he was in a stadium with thousands of people, many looking at him. Just shows a bit of an attitude problem imo.

Not that i think what he did during the warm up was a huge deal but it basically summed up what a lot of us already thought of him

43 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

i think youre just looking for a fight, if you cant see that Morelos has a bit of an attitude problem youre either blind or choosing not to see what's in front if you, its being exagerrated on here but its evident.

The best players should be selected, and at the moment i think Cummings is better than Morelos, doesnt matter if hes a loanee.

Players get dropped, it happens. Doesnt mean his career is over or anythin. He should take it in his stride

As i said i think hed benefit from some low pressure games in the reserves to get back that spring in his step

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

i think youre just looking for a fight, if you cant see that Morelos has a bit of an attitude problem youre either blind or choosing not to see what's in front if you, its being exagerrated on here but its evident.

The best players should be selected, and at the moment i think Cummings is better than Morelos, doesnt matter if hes a loanee.

Players get dropped, it happens. Doesnt mean his career is over or anythin. He should take it in his stride

As i said i think hed benefit from some low pressure games in the reserves to get back that spring in his step

I don’t think it’s an attitude problem to be honest. He’s an angry wee bastard. We could do with more like it, rather than the bunch of happy, cuddling bridge building type. 

That said, happiness / confidence is clearly an issue and needs managed. 

I’d be playing the best players, on loan or not. I’d start both of them and press high. 

23 hours ago, MasterD said:

Amazing how quickly someone can go from hero to zero. One extreme to the other.

Not really. From the moment he got here I thought he was harshly judged for every miss/perceived poor performance.  People say he has changed since he signed a new contract but I wonder if Cummings arrival has had an affect.  One things for sure, his form lately has been poor and he needed to be dropped.  

Does anyone know how many games he's played this season?  Going by Wiki it's 56; although there could have been a break in Finland and he's had the winter break here.

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think it’s an attitude problem to be honest. He’s an angry wee bastard. We could do with more like it, rather than the bunch of happy, cuddling bridge building type. 

That said, happiness / confidence is clearly an issue and needs managed. 

I’d be playing the best players, on loan or not. I’d start both of them and press high. 

hes not half heartedly kicking that ball about in anger mate he looks like hes in a wee huff

its good to have players that get angry then use it to their advantage, guys like Souness and Ian Ferguson could use their anger to win us games, Morelos lets his anger get to him and doesnt play as well, the taigs will take advantage of it 

2 minutes ago, AndoBien said:

The other players are not warming up like machines neither, there is some overreaction i think

Is there any real point to do anything other than keep loose with these half-time 'warm ups'?  I doubt there's any advantage to getting fully warmed up; unless you know you're coming straight on I guess.

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Attitude problem? He applies himself well in games but is going through a lean spell - it happens to any forward not just young ones - and I have no issue with him on the bench - I just don’t see where folk think he has an attitude problem? Is it because he scowls? 

6 hours ago, Camshy said:

His attitude is all wrong, is also a right greedy selfish bastard on the ball.

I would hope we have some sort of agreement to sell him at the end of the season.........if his attitude changes then great but he has one of those faces and cant see anything changing.

I want my centre forward to be greedy. 

Lets get rid of our 21 year old top scorer, most sellable asset, and player with the most potential because ‘he has one of those faces’. Unbelivable.:duh:

We need to remember he's only 21. I don't think it's an attitude problem, he's just immature and showing it by acting like a brat. He doesn't have many people to turn to especially in training, he can't go and have a chat with murty coz they don't understand each other. His frustration is at boiling point and unfortunately he's at a club where he'll get scrutinised for everything. 

32 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Lets get rid of our 21 year old top scorer, most sellable asset, and player with the most potential because ‘he has one of those faces’. Unbelivable.:duh:

We should get rid of him because he’s our most sellable assest.

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I totally disagree. There was a moment during the Hearts game where they came back into it and the 3 points were in the balance with the score locked at 2-1.

Morelos was in the box facing away from goal with 2 players in clear space and a certainty to wrap up the game.......his typical attitude was ignore the right thing to do and instead tried to score from an angle that was silly. Keeper made an easy save, if you coukd even call it that. 

A minute later Lafferty almost scores a screamer which luckily hit the post..........that early miss from Morelos typifies him for me. A guy lacking the footballing awareness to finish the game for his team through poor choices.

Thankfully we won the game but it could have been so different and he had his part to play, done a similar thing shortly after but at least he was in a better position to score......still missed though.

I would get shot of him as I can see problems ahead with that stinking attitude of his.....take the money and run.

11 minutes ago, Camshy said:

I totally disagree. There was a moment during the Hearts game where they came back into it and the 3 points were in the balance with the score locked at 2-1.

Morelos was in the box facing away from goal with 2 players in clear space and a certainty to wrap up the game.......his typical attitude was ignore the right thing to do and instead tried to score from an angle that was silly. Keeper made an easy save, if you coukd even call it that. 

A minute later Lafferty almost scores a screamer which luckily hit the post..........that early miss from Morelos typifies him for me. A guy lacking the footballing awareness to finish the game for his team through poor choices.

Thankfully we won the game but it could have been so different and he had his part to play, done a similar thing shortly after but at least he was in a better position to score......still missed though.

I would get shot of him as I can see problems ahead with that stinking attitude of his.....take the money and run.

Do you think an experienced manager would help this 21 year old develop some of his decision making skills. Help him grow, nurture his talent etc. 

Can’t wait to see him grow under a proper manager.