Morelos warm up today.

Smile

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Tbh our players warming up like that is nothing new. I’ve watched them for the past 6 years play 40 yard balls to each other without the hint of getting warmed up. 

However Morelos does have to start becoming a player for the team, not a player for Morelos. Obviously strikers will be selfish, especially on form, but if you’re going to be selfish with every chance, especially at scorelines like 0-0 then he deserves some criticism. 

If he becomes a team player he’ll still be here next year, I wouldn’t sell him. 

If a 20 second clip of Halliday or one of the other Scottish players had emerged the narrative would be ‘look how hurt he is from last weekend’. 

I still don’t understand what is so bad about him apart from being a wee wank, his hold up play is always excellent, he’s just raw as fuck and should be second choice to someone else or one of a two unless he’s 100% wanting away and has spat the dummy 

1 minute ago, Tearjerker said:

Play Cummings then use the money to bring in 3 or 4 quality players and maybe even a good manager. 

So you go from a striker on fire at the time to Cummings who had done nothing at Forest and only ever scored in the Scottish Championship, plus spend all the money in January when any decent players aren’t going anywhere. 

Just now, Billy1984 said:

The playing constantly without a break people are talking about is the fact he played most of a summer time season in Finland then a full season here. He makes mistakes, shoots when he should pass and his head goes down. He's a young raw striker who wants to do well and score goals and he is still learning the game and developing. I'm looking forward to seeing what he will be like for us after a rest then with another pre season behind him, personally I won't be slagging him just yet but you fill your boots.

He's a fucking imbecile mate.

Defo think he's a Shettleston 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you go from a striker on fire at the time to Cummings who had done nothing at Forest and only ever scored in the Scottish Championship, plus spend all the money in January when any decent players aren’t going anywhere. 

How would we spend all the money in January when the offer came in February

He has missed some absolute sitters this season, but every player does.

Also as many have stated he's been playing football for a year with no break.

I'd maybe persevere with him for a while longer, at least until the summer. I still think he could turn into a great player for us as he's still relatively young and learning the game.

His confidence is at rock bottom right now but that can/will change.

New manager in and who knows what he will be able to get from him and our other underperforming players next season, along with a few new signings.

Though in order to be a success here he has to cut out the petulance and tantrums when things don't go his way.

His attitude recently has been shocking and he needs a boot to the baws and made to understand the opportunity he's been given at our club. Cut out the hissy fits and go back to doing what you were earlier in the season, ragdolling centre halves and scoring goals.

If he can only realize what he could achive or become here if he  gets the finger out instead of spitting the dummy,  the fans may learn to love him again.

I will add that Morelos isn't alone in our squad as far as needing a boot to the baws is concerned.

I really think there is still time for him to be a success for us.

Optimistic Loyal :UK:

3 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I still don’t understand what is so bad about him apart from being a wee wank, his hold up play is always excellent, he’s just raw as fuck and should be second choice to someone else or one of a two unless he’s 100% wanting away and has spat the dummy 

Experienced 20/25 goal a season striker he doesn’t have to carry the front line all on his own. ??

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Experienced 20/25 goal a season striker he doesn’t have to carry the front line all on his own. ??

If he plays beside someone or coming in and out then he wouldn’t get stick

celtic are rotating three strikers we would kill to have if they weren’t mutants while we abuse him for being raw as fuck, just as bad as the treatment McCrorie gets because he’s not Ramos yet

Think people forget Herrera was supposed to help him this season, Morelos wasn’t a marquee signing 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

First offer was made in our transfer window, to accept once we couldn’t get someone else in would’ve been plain stupid. 

Plain and stupid was knocking that kind of money back. We could have built the backbone of a good team with that money. Cummings as he’s shown would have been more than adequate. Instead we’re stuck with a player who doesn’t want to be here who we’d be lucky to get £2-3m for now. 

First offer was made in our transfer window, to accept once we couldn’t get someone else in would’ve been plain stupid. 

At the time it seemed that way to me too but in hindsight and with the way he has reacted we probably should have cashed in cause we will never get offered that for him in the summer.

Just now, Tearjerker said:

Plain and stupid was knocking that kind of money back. We could have built the backbone of a good team with that money. Cummings as he’s shown would have been more than adequate. Instead we’re stuck with a player who doesn’t want to be here who we’d be lucky to get £2-3m for now. 

What has Cummings shown that makes you think he could lead the line all on his own??? 

Again hindsight is a great thing, if he had stayed on form we wouldn’t be having this debate, imagine a young player dropping form how dare he. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

People are so fixated on his attitude. I wish every fucking player in our team had his attitude. 

He literally runs himself into the ground every single week. Starts fights with opponents over fuck all. Gets in their faces. 

He’s young, he’s 21, he’s been playing non stop football for 18 months and he cost us less than £1m. Cut him some fucking slack. 

I hope we get a good manager who can harness his talent and get him making better decisions and developing as a player. 

And if not? We’ll make a profit on him and wish him all the best for the rest of his career. 

He fights with his own players more than he does with opposition players..

his attitude is shite.

3 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

If he doesn't want to be here why did he not ask to leave in January? Why did he sign a new contract last month?

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

At the time it seemed that way to me too but in hindsight and with the way he has reacted we probably should have cashed in cause we will never get offered that for him in the summer.

Hindsight is great mate. 

If we punt in the summer then I think we have missed a trick, I want to see what he can do with a proper manager and an experienced striker next to him. If he has a great second season then we can sell next summer for a decent price and make some money. 

What has Cummings shown that makes you think he could lead the line all on his own??? 

Again hindsight is a great thing, if he had stayed on form we wouldn’t be having this debate, imagine a young player dropping form how dare he. 

It’s not about dropping form all players can have a dip in form, Morelos had a 12 game drought earlier in the season and people weren’t getting on his back then. The difference now is that he has clearly downed tools.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

He fights with his own players more than he does with opposition players..

his attitude is shite.

Docherty gave as good as he got last week and had a fucking cheek to moan at ANYONE over a bad decision. 

His attitude isn’t shite. A squad full of his attitude doesn’t get shagged by the filth in the manner we did last week.