Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 minutes ago, barkie said:

If you think a week ago gerrard could tell you the name of one of our players or had a second of interest in us you are deluded. Waiting on the melt down on here next week just glad I never watched today and doubt I will bother until next season. Really fear for us at the moment with current chairman and fans all split into wee groups with their own agenda fucking shambles.

Pretty sure he could name Rossiter :headscratch:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If it is Gerrard then get him in for next week. Season is done

As painful as it is, the season isn’t done. Don’t we have to finish 3rd for Europa league? No matter who is in charge, they will have a better chance with players if we have some Euro football to offer.

I am sure Gerrard was watching that today and said fuck that. It’s gonna take +20 million to compete with celtic. He must look at that squad and say I don’t see a single player that would get a game for them which means he needs to clear out 20 players and bring in 20 more. 

Why would Gerrard want to take on this mess of a club as his first assignment as a football Manager? 

They way we are going we are going to be lucky for someone of Gerrards stature  to be linked with our management position. I think we can all now actually see how far from grace we have fallen and how far the gap is with celtic. Club is rotten top to bottom and we have a squad full of losers and journeymen. 

Just now, BlueThunder said:

As painful as it is, the season isn’t done. Don’t we have to finish 3rd for Europa league?

We have no chance of beating Killie, the Spoonburners and the Sheepshaggers with the cowardly lion in charge, if we are going to take an astronomical risk might as well do it now.

That's if he accepts it..

2 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

We have no chance of beating Killie, the Spoonburners and the Sheepshaggers with the cowardly lion in charge, if we are going to take an astronomical risk might as well do it now.

That's if he accepts it..

You misinterpret me; i’m not saying we shouldn’t get Gerrard or someone else in, i’m saying the season isn’t over. If we stand a better chance with Gerrard in tomorrow then all we’ll and good. I’m not sure he’d want to take over immediately though.

I've been against Gerrard from the start but, admittedly, was starting to get swept up by the idea of it. Today has painfully underlined the fact that we can't afford to be that naïve. We've got a team of gutless, inept cowards and we need a proper, experienced manager to sort it out. 

14 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

As painful as it is, the season isn’t done. Don’t we have to finish 3rd for Europa league? No matter who is in charge, they will have a better chance with players if we have some Euro football to offer.

Europa League :lol:

We should do ourselves a favour and pull out of it if we get into it

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Europa League :lol:

We should do ourselves a favour and pull out of it if we get into it

Actually following your logic, why don’t we just pull out of all the Scottish competitions too, given we seemingly haven’t a chance of winning those. :lol:

Seriously, we need Euro football. I don’t understand why there should be an argument against it.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Actually following your logic, why don’t we just pull out of all the Scottish competitions too, given we seemingly haven’t a chance of winning those. :lol:

Seriously, we need Euro football. I don’t understand why there should be an argument against it.

We should look into pulling out of those competitions too, yes 

Would be absolutely insane to appoint Gerrard. Ronny Deila level of insane.

The only thing that starts the process of getting the club back in track is paying the going rate and appointing a manager with a proven track record in delivering winning football teams.

Otherwise it's more of the same, crossing fingers and hoping for the best. 

What we seriously need right now is a complete clear out of the shite we currently have pretending to be football players and a manager than can attract a higher standard of players, Gerrard will achieve that with a decent budget that apparently King has promised. Hopefully he will then have the tactical nous to turn them into a team.

It is a gamble and it might fail but a Clarke etc has no chance of turning that shite into a decent football team and less chance than Gerrard to attract decent players. If it does fail we will be in a better position to which a Steve Clarke might be able to take advantage of.

8 minutes ago, PeterheadBear said:

Would be absolutely insane to appoint Gerrard. Ronny Deila level of insane.

The only thing that starts the process of getting the club back in track is paying the going rate and appointing a manager with a proven track record in delivering winning football teams.

Otherwise it's more of the same, crossing fingers and hoping for the best. 

Even worse than Deila, he had been scouted for a long while apparently and had actually won something, they also had time on their side and no challenge, nothing to lose, clearly a diddy from a million miles away but you can at least see the thinking behind it even if it was madness

This is just pretending Gerrard will do anything for us purely because King supports Liverpool 

Gerrard will not come to Rangers - we have no money to invest in new players -  and by the looks of it after today's result - he will stay were he is- with his cozy job, lovely house and not move his family to Glasgow to manage a club, which will only bring him nightmares and age him very quickly -  he will be saying " Nope ! let some other fucker try and sort this mess out " - as it could take another 5 years

49 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Do you expect murty to get us 3rd or 2nd? I certainly dont.

its not a good way to throw a new manager in but murty has to be removed from the training ground and dressing room he’s taking the squad backwards and people thought Pedro was bad.

Archived