Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

very few clubs are in a good state when they change manager - the reason they are changing manager is typically because they are in trouble and/or not performing so I doubt todays result would sway his mind. If he did change his mind following that, then good, because that is not the mindset we need right now.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Is that right aye?

He has no connection to us so why would he take it after watching that? He’s barely begun his managerial career so for a first job it would be fucking madness.

If you didn’t support us and were in his shoes, would you take it?

1 minute ago, Wafflesniffer said:

He has no connection to us so why would he take it after watching that? He’s barely begun his managerial career so for a first job it would be fucking madness.

The reasons for him to take the job when we are in such a bad way would be fairly obvious. No chance of him taking the job though? Really? 

5 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

You think he never saw the game a few weeks ago? 

15 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Do you expect murty to get us 3rd or 2nd? I certainly dont.

its not a good way to throw a new manager in but murty has to be removed from the training ground and dressing room he’s taking the squad backwards and people thought Pedro was bad.

Pedro was and is bad.  Anybody that took Pena to play for him with two different clubs is testament to that.  However Murty can get to fuck, hopefully already.

Just now, WWTC said:

The reasons for him to take the job when we are in such a bad way would be fairly obvious. No chance of him taking the job though? Really? 

To be fair he can’t really lose; he gets us going and wins the league then he gets all sorts of plaudits. He doesn’t then it’s down to the lack of investment/shitshow we are at the moment. So fair enough.

Maybe it’s he performance and result the day, but I just don’t see it happening with him and if I was in his shoes I wouldn’t go near the job.

17 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Do you expect murty to get us 3rd or 2nd? I certainly dont.

its not a good way to throw a new manager in but murty has to be removed from the training ground and dressing room he’s taking the squad backwards and people thought Pedro was bad.

I already responded to a similar post. I said the season wasn’t done, I didn’t say that Murty should stay for it.

1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

You think he never saw the game a few weeks ago? 

I’m sure he did. Today was a chance for a reaction though - if I was him I’d be interested to see if they’d step up to impress and they offered fuck all.

Like I alluded to in my last post; maybe it’s the performance and the game the day but I just don’t see why he’d bother.

4 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

To be fair he can’t really lose; he gets us going and wins the league then he gets all sorts of plaudits. He doesn’t then it’s down to the lack of investment/shitshow we are at the moment. So fair enough.

Maybe it’s he performance and result the day, but I just don’t see it happening with him and if I was in his shoes I wouldn’t go near the job.

Barring a complete fuck up by he will be our new manager, i know im in the minority, but I’m alot more excited by that prospect than that of Steve Clark, or Derek Mcinnes. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Kilmarnock attracted a manager when they were sitting at the bottom of the SPFL.  If they can do it, why the fuck can't we?  We don't NEED to appoint rookie managers all the time.  We have a DoF there must be someone out there we've had since December to seek one out.

He claims to be a killie fan. Im not sure he would come to us in all honesty with our current set up.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Barring a complete fuck up by he will be our new manager, i know im in the minority, but I’m alot more excited by that prospect than that of Steve Clark, or Derek Mcinnes. 

Aye he is a more exciting option than both of them - I totally agree. With backing he could be a success. Whether he’ll get it is another thing.

I’m just sceptical that he’ll take us on now and “a complete fuck up” you say - our board are more than capable of that and have proven so in the recent past.

13 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

Aye he is a more exciting option than both of them - I totally agree. With backing he could be a success. Whether he’ll get it is another thing.

I’m just sceptical that he’ll take us on now and “a complete fuck up” you say - our board are more than capable of that and have proven so in the recent past.

Ofcourse they are. And our fans have so far been happy to back them along the way. The reaction to Murtys appointment was almost as embarrassing as the appointment itself. 

33 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

Maybe because he has the minerals and self belief to think he can change it. Do you think that's the first time he's watched us? He already knows we're pish, hence him being offered the job in the first place.

I think Steven Gerrard can take this scared of celtic mentality out of our players.

If you look at Celtics results, they don't beat other teams with the same scorelines, they couldn't beat Hibs, they got beat 4-0 off hearts, 1-0 to Kilmarnock? 

I think we all know the players out on the field wearing our jerseys are more than capable of beating celtic. Truly the only thing stopping those players from winning is themselves. I see people insult people like Andy Halliday, he's one of our few players who is committed to our cause, we need more like him. Players like Tavernier, Candeais, Morelos, John, Murphy, Holt, McRorrie and even the likes of Halliday are all quality players, they simply don't believe we can beat them.

Hats off to Murty, he isn't a manager, he is a simple u20's coach. Can we really be angry at him? With the players he's brought in (Imagine how hard it is to attract anyone to our club at the moment). I don't think we can or should be angry at Murty, he has done all he can with the circumstances he's been in. From having to lift our team up, to having two long time Rangers players try slate him. 

Let's hope Gerrard is the one to let our players break free of this mentality. 

Onwards and upwards.

Absolutely choking to get Warnock in now.

He is the absolute dream. Every player would have been fined under his leadership after that game. He’s all about passion and desire. Show it for him, and you will be rewarded. Our team is full of wannabes who are just loving the lifestyle of being a modern day footballer, but in reality they are being highly paid to look like utter buffoons.

It's a no lose situation for him. If he somehow does turn us around he writes himself into history as the man who restored Rangers to glory and broke the hold celtic had over the city and his stock goes up, if it goes tits up everyone in world football knows the state we're in and they say "Rangers are a fucking mess, no-one could do anything there". 

1 minute ago, Eazy1872 said:

I think Steven Gerrard can take this scared of celtic mentality out of our players.

If you look at Celtics results, they don't beat other teams with the same scorelines, they couldn't beat Hibs, they got beat 4-0 off hearts, 1-0 to Kilmarnock? 

I think we all know the players out on the field wearing our jerseys are more than capable of beating celtic. Truly the only thing stopping those players from winning is themselves. I see people insult people like Andy Halliday, he's one of our few players who is committed to our cause, we need more like him. Players like Tavernier, Candeais, Morelos, John, Murphy, Holt, McRorrie and even the likes of Halliday are all quality players, they simply don't believe we can beat them.

Hats off to Murty, he isn't a manager, he is a simple u20's coach. Can we really be angry at him? With the players he's brought in (Imagine how hard it is to attract anyone to our club at the moment). I don't think we can or should be angry at Murty, he has done all he can with the circumstances he's been in. From having to lift our team up, to having two long time Rangers players try slate him. 

Let's hope Gerrard is the one to let our players break free of this mentality. 

Onwards and upwards.

Based on What? He's literally done fuck all as a manager. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

True but when have you ever seen a Liverpool team he captained lie down and take an arse raping like we have. Must be able to take that into being a manager 

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I didn't realise you were speaking on Gerrard.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Gerrard captained one of the biggest teams in Europe, and has played alongside some the greats, and also had his fair share of managers.

He captained England at one point, he certainly knows how to motivate a team.

We don't need more players

we need our players to be motivated.

7 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Ofcourse they are. And our fans have so far been happy to back them along the way. The reaction to Murtys appointment was almost as embarrassing as the appointment itself. 

The biggest problem - too many of our support willing to accept mediocrity these days (not directing that at you, by the way).

The likes of Murty shouldn’t be near us.

4 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Maybe because he has the minerals and self belief to think he can change it. Do you think that's the first time he's watched us? He already knows we're pish, hence him being offered the job in the first place.

If he has the minerals then fair play. I’m just sceptical after that pish the day.

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

True but when have you ever seen a Liverpool team he captained lie down and take an arse raping like we have. Must be able to take that into being a manager 

Don't care. It's a different kettle of fish altogether. 

1 minute ago, Eazy1872 said:

He's managed to convice Declan John to stay at our club.

He's managed to bring in Murphy, Goss and Cummings.

He's thoroughly improved Windass, people just refuse to see it.

After all, we all know Murty didn't want the job. He's tried his hardest, that's all I can ask for.

Gerard has done this has he?

2 minutes ago, Eazy1872 said:

He's managed to convice Declan John to stay at our club.

He's managed to bring in Murphy, Goss and Cummings.

He's thoroughly improved Windass, people just refuse to see it.

After all, we all know Murty didn't want the job. He's tried his hardest, that's all I can ask for.

Unless you're talking about Gerrard,

then I don't know if you've noticed, but Gerrard captained one of the biggest teams in Europe, and has played alongside some the greats, and also had his fair share of managers.

Fuck sake, Gerrard has had some influence already :lol: 

Archived