Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

That was 30 years ago and the situations are hugely different 

Hugely different how? We were pish, Ibrox was half full, we were going nowhere. Souness was a gamble that worked, mainly down to Walter in my opinion, if he didn't come I think Souness would have failed. If Gerrard gets the right man beside him and financial backing, there's no reason why he can't succeed as well. And all this pish about him not being able to do anything with the dross that we have, he's not likely to be working with the majority of the dross. Anyone that comes to us right now is a gamble

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SheriffHood said:

Hugely different how? We were pish, Ibrox was half full, we were going nowhere. Souness was a gamble that worked, mainly down to Walter in my opinion, if he didn't come I think Souness would have failed. If Gerrard gets the right man beside him and financial backing, there's no reason why he can't succeed as well. And all this pish about him not being able to do anything with the dross that we have, he's not likely to be working with the majority of the dross. Anyone that comes to us right now is a gamble

If you don’t grasp the differences of then and now then no point even debating it 

1 minute ago, SheriffHood said:

Sourness started signing established English internationals, Woods butcher Stevens etc backed with at the time mega bucks

Hopefully Gerrard decides it’s not for him. He’s far too much of a gamble at the moment. We need an experienced manager with  strong man management skills and a backbone, not a rookie who only stopped playing 18 months ago. And anybody who wants to bring up Souness can fuck off. He came in as a rookie but immediately outspent everybody else.

1 hour ago, Wafflesniffer said:

He has no connection to us so why would he take it after watching that? He’s barely begun his managerial career so for a first job it would be fucking madness.

If you didn’t support us and were in his shoes, would you take it?

Of course he would, he's coming to gain experience and move up from the level he's at. That's why he shouldn't get the job, he doesn't even have a full season as an under 18's manager under his belt. The bar has been set so low by Pedro and Murty and the club is in such a state that he already has ready made excuses before he sets foot in the door.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Hopefully Gerrard decides it’s not for him. He’s far too much of a gamble at the moment. We need an experienced manager with  strong man management skills and a backbone, not a rookie who only stopped playing 18 months ago.

Yup

rhe day has sickened me. This needs to go to a manager who can basically work wonders right away 

A lot of papers reporting he’s going to knock us back after today. I don’t want him; however this is another embarrassment and very similar to the McInnes carry on. Sums our club up at the moment tbh!

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yup

rhe day has sickened me. This needs to go to a manager who can basically work wonders right away 

If we appoint Gerrard it’s just going to be the exact same pish next season where we are looking for a new manager in October. Cunts will never learn!

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Yep can't wait to see Joe Hart, John stones, Kyle walker, delli alli and Harry Jane strutting their stuff at ibrox next season sourness style

Your right were not going to get the Butcher and Woods of today but the standard of the opposition at that time was far higher than we have now. The Rangers team of today is relegation fodder in the top league at 1986. Gerrard will bring a far higher quality of player to our team.

Just now, B1872 said:

A lot of papers reporting he’s going to knock us back after today. I don’t want him; however this is another embarrassment and very similar to the McInnes carry on. Sums our club up at the moment tbh!

I would be happy if he knocks it back

but it is another embarrassment for the club. Under the stewardship of King we will further regress and we will go past the point of no return 

I really struggle to see how he has improved ANYTHING since he arrived 

all the cunts post admin have just been as bad as King 

4 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Very true, you're obviously so retarded and stupid you missed the part where I said IF he gets financial backing. 

Even with financial backing he will still flop, too much deadwood at the club for a 1 season turnaround, u less that is he is given 100m to spend

27 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Been saying this for weeks

We are just fucking about. It’s really not that difficult. Unless there is more to it where we think we can get a manager reasonably cheap and get loads of Liverpool players at a cut price.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Your right were not going to get the Butcher and Woods of today but the standard of the opposition at that time was far higher than we have now. The Rangers team of today is relegation fodder in the top league at 1986. Gerrard will bring a far higher quality of player to our team.

Is he paying for them himself ? 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yup

Who exactly?

And what manager like that would want to come here?

Before anyone says MPH there are no guarantees and he’d need money to overhaul this squad of pussies

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yup

We embarrassed them once and Dermot said fuck this, put his hand in his pocket and got them a manager who brought them up a level. They’ve embarrassed us time and time again and our latest attempt to stop that is to appoint a complete rookie on the basis of his name value alone. Honestly mate, it’s fucking sickening. The people running and representing this club are literally sucking every bit of passion that I have for this club out of me on a week by week basis.

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Even with financial backing he will still flop, too much deadwood at the club for a 1 season turnaround, u less that is he is given 100m to spend

It's all about opinions mate. There's unlikely to be a one season turnaround no matter who takes over. And I'm not saying he'll be a success, chances are he won't be, but chances are he could be. None of us actually know. 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

And what manager like that would want to come here?

This is exactly the problem but a bit larger than that. What manager in his right mind would walk into Ibrox just now with the size of the task at hand? Who would want it?

From the minute they step foot in the door they are under immense pressure - I'd say more than ever - and the first defeat or mistake or questionnable signing the game will be up.

I, for one, can honestly say I don't have a clue who we should appoint (in an ideal world) because I don't have a clue who can turn this around. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We embarrassed them once and Dermot said fuck this, put his hand in his pocket and got them a manager who brought them up a level. They’ve embarrassed us time and time again and our latest attempt to stop that is to appoint a complete rookie on the basis of his name value alone. Honestly mate, it’s fucking sickening. The people running and representing this club are literally sucking every bit of passion that I have for this club out of me on a week by week basis.

today was another humiliation ffs. 

Archived