Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Your right were not going to get the Butcher and Woods of today but the standard of the opposition at that time was far higher than we have now. The Rangers team of today is relegation fodder in the top league at 1986. Gerrard will bring a far higher quality of player to our team.

How so? there's no fucking money and what there is Gerard will waste on overpriced dross from the English leagues. 

7 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

How so? there's no fucking money and what there is Gerard will waste on overpriced dross from the English leagues. 

Gerrard rumours would not of got this far if there isn't money, overpriced dross comes from hiring yet another mediocre manager. We need to take this gamble as Clarke etc will only improve us to the effect of being a 2nd place team.

34 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Some people are either retarded or just plain stupid.  

That right aye? Souness's first cup final at Rangers only featured 2 new signings, butcher and Woods, he only spent 1.8m in his first season and brought in 4 players, what he did do was revitalise the players we already had, -players like  Munro, Fraser, Durrant , McMinn, Cooper, McCoist, guessing you either weren't born then or not a Rangers fan.

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

Just read some shit about King having  to up the bid as Ipswich are now looking at Gerrard to replace Mccarthy 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/935570168?-11344:801:3

If his agent is demanding more for his client it won’t be because of Ipswich but because after today he knows he’s in the position of power and the board badly need some good news to try and cover their multitude of failings on the park.

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

How you know it’s done?

I doubt a Liverpool employee would confirm it on his twitter and risk his job if it was false. I don't know for fact I just think everything points towards it being done.

11 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Gerrard rumours would not of got this far if there isn't money, overpriced dross comes from hiring yet another mediocre manager. We need to take this gamble as Clarke etc will only improve us to the effect of being a 2nd place team.

We just took this gamble with Murty, why are so many in such a hurry to immediately make the same mistake again. 

8 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I doubt a Liverpool employee would confirm it on his twitter and risk his job if it was false. I don't know for fact I just think everything points towards it being done.

Where’s this?

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

We just took this gamble with Murty, why are so many in such a hurry to immediately make the same mistake again. 

Murty is so far away from Steven Gerrard.What Gerrard instantly commands that Murty never will is respect. As a player he is a legend regarded as one of the best players in the world. Players of today want to play for people of that calibre.

15 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

That supposed snapchat guy.

Do you honestly think if he was a genuine Liverpool employee he would come out with something like that before official?

Or if he had, not think he'd be in a spot of trouble with his employer?

I said earlier in this thread: I never wanted Gerrard but if he turns us doing it's going to be utterly embarrassing and profoundly damaging to the club's reputation (and therefore our ability to attract a better calibre manager). One of the many failings of this board has been their inability to manage PR. Because of this failing we're going to have to approach candidates who know fine well that they're less attractive to us than Gerrard or McInnes. Other options will no doubt reject us outright on the basis that "if McInnes and Gerrard were unconvinced by their offer - why would I accept it?". 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Murty is so far away from Steven Gerrard.What Gerrard instantly commands that Murty never will is respect. As a player he is a legend regarded as one of the best players in the world. Players of today want to play for people of that calibre.

Players agents control so they go where money is. They don't want an arsehole manager but most will sign for a club if it pays better, progresses their profile and theyll get games. Regardless of manager to an extent.

This whole respect thing is bollocks for the best players. Give them a winning manager who gets a winning team any day. Fuck what the manager did as a player.

For low level players or kids then maybe they'd like to come for the ride and see what it's like. But fuck that.

As a player he was rightly regarded as superb. Ax a manager he's done fuck all but folk have him down as superhuman. Strange then at his home club those qualities haven't driven the players to win the league. Against bigger and better and richer clubs. See any comparison?

A manager first and foremost manages. Show me evidence he can do that successfully, and to the extent and level we should be convinced he can do so here and overtake over a season the gulf that was evident today.

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

That supposed snapchat guy.

Do you honestly think if he was a genuine Liverpool employee he would come out with something like that before official?

Or if he had, not think he'd be in a spot of trouble with his employer?

Nah I knew he wasn't behind their Snapchat but I was still under the impression he had some capacity at the club on a minor scale of course. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Nah I knew he wasn't behind their Snapchat but I was still under the impression he had some capacity at the club on a minor scale of course. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I'm not 100% about it myself mate, it just doesn't really ring true to me.

13 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I AM FUCKING SICK OF READING THIS SHITE OF HIM DEMANDING RESPECT

I tell you something, that player respect will last 10 fucking minutes as soon as the players realise he is tactically naive

Players are not stupid and this is their profession, they will know when it's a rookie they're talking to and when it's a seasoned professional

Could Gerrard win us the league with this squad? If not...

How much would it cost to have Gerrard win us the league?

Do you think the above budget is within our capabilities?

Depending on your figure above do you think other managers could be hired that could do the same job for less, with reduced risk and more probability?

If you get to the end of the above and still have Gerrard as answer then fine.

You're fucking wrong.

17 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Wasn't McCoist a top player?  The guy had two Golden Boots but no clue how to run a football club.  How do we know Gerrard is any different?  Gerrard might be every bit as clueless as McCoist, Weir, Murty, etc.  

Archived