Return of Pena

On 5/5/2018 at 09:26, Blue_Devil said:

Let's be clear:

- Pena is a tube. 

- Pena has a drink/substance problem. 

But let's not forget Pena was also an £8 miles player who broke into a top 15 international team. He shows glimpses and is still only 28.

He is beyond last chance saloon, and he is clearly a lost soul with many demons and issues. 

Gerrard is the type of figure that may be able to show compassion while still commanding the upmost respect from someone like Pena. Having played in a similar position, he could also help his game massively. 

It is an outside shot - but could Rangers and Gerrard be the place to revive a player that looks lost to the game right now? 

The easy thing would be to say forget him; but as the OP has stated maybe just maybe SG can get him to turn a new leaf there is a player in there, I say give him on last roll of the dice till January selling him now for peanuts isnt a good idea

1 minute ago, hugonot said:

The easy thing would be to say forget him; but as the OP has stated maybe just maybe SG can get him to turn a new leaf there is a player in there, I say give him on last roll of the dice till January selling him now for peanuts isnt a good idea

we are paying him anyway so we either try something with him or freeze him out and hope he leaves. 

Just now, cushynumber said:

we are paying him anyway so we either try something with him or freeze him out and hope he leaves. 

thats pretty much it; we arent in a position financially to have revolving door tactics with player signings; lets not be hasty when we dont have to be

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

you will need to say that in english

Someone else said something about his mum above also, I don't understand how two posters can know that despite it being nowhere really but a newspaper has no idea and has possibly reported another false story, arguably on purpose.

It did say his family specifically had reported him as missing so it shouldn't be hard to find out if that was why

6 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Someone else said something about his mum above also, I don't understand how two posters can know that despite it being nowhere really but a newspaper has no idea and has possibly reported another false story, arguably on purpose.

It did say his family specifically had reported him as missing so it shouldn't be hard to find out if that was why

if its negative they will report it. I noticed a tweet the other day that pointed out the fact that the DR's daily updates about Pedro have dried up because his team have won 4 and drawn 1 out the last 5 games. That is the agenda.

Unfortunately, for him (and us) it's obvious now the lad has some issues - and he apparently posted a tweet to his dead mum while he has been reported missing - so something appears to be going on in his head. 

I think your cartel jibe is  poor btw

I don’t like Pena and called him this and that and took the piss out of him, however if his behaviour has been down to his ill mum - compacted by her death then I think we should be a little more understanding.

He might have known she was going to die for a while and this might be the reason for his behaviour.

Just throwing it out there, some people can’t handle the death of their mum or dad. I remember a great Scottish singer Billy Mackenzie being found dead due to an overdose because he couldn’t handle his mum dying from cancer.

Not good.

25 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don’t like Pena and called him this and that and took the piss out of him, however if his behaviour has been down to his ill mum - compacted by her death then I think we should be a little more understanding.

He might have known she was going to die for a while and this might be the reason for his behaviour.

Just throwing it out there, some people can’t handle the death of their mum or dad. I remember a great Scottish singer Billy Mackenzie being found dead due to an overdose because he couldn’t handle his mum dying from cancer.

Not good.

I think he is to stay in Mexico until January Dave King was asked about it in his interview, I cant see him coming back before then you would imagine he would stay in Mexico to be with his Family.

Hope the guy gets the help he needs.