Gerrard keeping Wallace

Theres who the captain will be then.

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has said that there's a place in his squad for Lee Wallace when the defender resolves his issues with the club.

Wallace, who was club captain last season, was disciplined by the club and fined a maximum four weeks' wages after a dressing room bust up with former manager Graeme Murty after the Scottish Cup semi-final defeat to celtic.

"Lee's got a year left on his contract and he's a fantastic player," Gerrard said. "There's a situation that I've got nothing to do with, and I'm not trying to back out of the situation, but Lee's got an issue with the club that needs resolving.

"I'll leave them to it to resolve it. My focus is on when can I get Lee Wallace back fit and available for selection.

"When we do we've got a good player."

Just now, K.A.I said:

Big mistake. He's done.

Another big mistake not cashing in on Tav too.

But hey, that's my just my opinion/s - a manager is the one that lives and dies by them. Looking forward to (hopefully) being proved wrong but strange move I must admit.

For me its smart management hes given him enough rope what will he do hang himself or drop this and move on.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Big mistake. He's done.

Another big mistake not cashing in on Tav too.

But hey, that's my just my opinion/s - a manager is the one that lives and dies by them. Looking forward to (hopefully) being proved wrong but strange move I must admit.

I agree with you, I think he's been finished for quite awhile now 

It's not smart management at all.

Smart management is getting rid of the dead wood and cashing on anyone not upto task that we can get money for.

Not bartering with someone over a poxy 4-weeks wages .. tell him to keep his 4-weeks wages if it means that much to him but he's still finished. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

It's not smart management at all.

Smart management is getting rid of the dead wood and cashing on anyone not upto task that we can get money for.

Not bartering with someone over a poxy 4-weeks wages .. tell him to keep his 4-weeks wages if it means that much to him but he's still finished. 

I dont agree lee wallace fit is a massive asset its up to him drop his issue he has a future dont he will be punted. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

I dont agree lee wallace fit is a massive asset its up to him drop his issue he has a future dont he will be punted. 

He was past it and pish when fit before he was injured ... he was captain in the Pedro debacles .. people have short memories (and yes, I do remember him standing by us in 2012 and moving up the leagues - but why pretend he's something he isn't now in the playing sense)

Just now, K.A.I said:

He was past it and pish when fit before he was injured ... he was captain in the Pedro debacles .. people have short memories (and yes, I do remember him standing by us in 2012 and moving up the leagues - but why pretend he's something he isn't now in the playing sense)

Well just need to agree to disagree mate. He has a point to prove to us all I will say that

I actually think Gerrard is doing the right thing by letting the board and Wallace sort this mess out between themselves. When it's resolved either way then he can judge Wallace for himself. He definitely doesn't need the distraction of being involved in a player and club dispute which he wasn't involved with and I honestly think Wallace would be hard to punt after been seen as a trouble maker.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Well just need to agree to disagree mate. He has a point to prove to us all I will say that

Awk fuck this whole "he's got a point to prove".

Hes shite and should be moved on. Sick to death of hearing people say "he's got a point to prove" about every cunt and their fucking dog.

Glad he is staying. No surprise that he is seeing out his contract. Only a year left for him here and he knows that. Just hope that he can get back a bit of his form. Still better than anyone else we have in his position imo. Sure if he comes back in and the new staff think his legs have gone he will be dropped and replaced. In the meantime I am happy to get behind the big fella.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Yeah I agree to disagree ... as I said, a manager lives and dies by his decisions - some of his initial rumblings I'm not convinced about but they are just small parts of a bigger picture that will ultimately tell if he's a success or not.

It's just frustrating when I get baffled by what looks to me as a stupid decision and it turns out to be just as stupid now come half way through the season as it did in the summer and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Although to flip it, Declan John is also pish. If he's playing with a left-back it doesn't really matter if it's John or Wallace ... one is pish, the other is finished, both are now limited so hopefully he plays a back 3 and neither feature and both are just backup/squad options.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Awk fuck this whole "he's got a point to prove".

Hes shite and should be moved on. Sick to death of hearing people say "he's got a point to prove" about every cunt and their fucking dog.

People are saying lee Wallace is done fuck up you of course he's got something to prove.