Europa League potential prize money

20180625_035627.thumb.jpg.0e97841ea45cd50829b4f144fa36731a.jpg

Could be a nice little earner for us if we click as a proper team.

Round 1 we get €215,000

Round 2: €225,000

Round 3: €235,000

Play off: €245,000

Qualification: €2,920,000

Win: €570,000

Draw: €190,000

Group winner: €1,000,000

Runner-up: €500,000

• qualification for the round of 32: €500,000 

• qualification for the round of 16: €1,000,000

• qualification for the quarter-finals: €1,500,000

• qualification for the semi-finals: €2,400,000

• qualification for the final: €4,500,000

• The UEFA Europa League winners can expect to collect an additional €4,000,000

The two clubs that qualify for the 2018 UEFA Super Cup can each expect to receive €3,500,000, with the winners receiving an additional €1,000,000

Between that and gate/television money it's imperative we do well here. There's millions of pounds to be made.

If we get to the group stage and get a win and a few draws, and with the prize/gate/television money all combined, we're looking at a cool 7 or 8 million quid realistically.

Keep in mind it's currently 4:19am so my maths might be slightly off!

Absolutely desperate for the return of the noisy Ibrox European nights.

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think we will make the group stages ?

I'm quietly confident, of at least progressing beyond these first two ties but every time I say it out loud I'm quickly reminded of progres. Still, the draw could have been a lot tougher to us at these stages. Fun and games if we do get through the two ties though. 

At some point we're due a bit of luck surely. Somehow scraping into the group stages would be incredible. Then with the money earnt further strengthening the squad and making it more likely to win the league and qualify further in Europe. Its a really tough ask though. 

Realistically we have little chance of reaching the group stage, we must make the best of what we can achieve and at this stage that may only be two qualifying rounds. The revenue earned from that will help with wages for the season at least, if by some chance that we can get further then great but I won't lose sleep,over it if we don't.

7 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Obviously the leage is more important than anything this year but we are the mighty Glasgow Rangers we should have it in us to compete in everything.

In an ideal world i would be inclined to agree but stopping them win another league is most important for me and a lot of fans and playing Thursday/Sunday can harm our chances i think.

On the flip side it increases our revenue for spending next season so it has it's benefits aswell.

*edit* realise you agree with the point about the league being most important.

12 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

20180625_035627.thumb.jpg.0e97841ea45cd50829b4f144fa36731a.jpg

Could be a nice little earner for us if we click as a proper team.

Round 1 we get €215,000

Round 2: €225,000

Round 3: €235,000

Play off: €245,000

Qualification: €2,920,000

Win: €570,000

Draw: €190,000

Group winner: €1,000,000

Runner-up: €500,000

• qualification for the round of 32: €500,000 

• qualification for the round of 16: €1,000,000

• qualification for the quarter-finals: €1,500,000

• qualification for the semi-finals: €2,400,000

• qualification for the final: €4,500,000

• The UEFA Europa League winners can expect to collect an additional €4,000,000

The two clubs that qualify for the 2018 UEFA Super Cup can each expect to receive €3,500,000, with the winners receiving an additional €1,000,000

Between that and gate/television money it's imperative we do well here. There's millions of pounds to be made.

Those figures for qualification aren’t prizes per round, that’s what we get if we get knocked out at that stage, so there’s little difference financially between getting knocked out in Q1 and the play-off round, St Johnstone actually lost money a couple of seasons ago because they spent more than that on travel to Eastern European teams and played 3 rounds.

Theres no money to be made unless we make the group stage.

9 hours ago, plumbGER said:

It would be pretty good to get to the group stages but i would gladly miss out if it meant we had a better domestic season and won the league, that goes without saying.

Obviously for sustainability we will need to qualify in future to increase revenue.

Thats exactly how i feel, prioritize all domestic affairs and knocking them bastards off their perch then focus on Europe.

8 games before the groups 6 or is it 8 games in the groups? There’s 50 games before we even kick a ball in either of the cup competitions, realistically I’d rather we concentrated on winning league as that’s what we need but in future qualifying for Groups will be a must