How Many Rangers Players Were World Cup Winner Class ?

tannerall

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I actually agree and I’m not joking.

Lehmann was a classy GK. Much, much better than Kahn with the ball at his feet and equally as good at commanding the area.

Kahn was more imposing though in a Schmeichel like way.

Plus Kahn played for Bayern, look at the big club bias regarding German national team and Bayern players, it was a Bayern fan who told me this when I was there for the Hamburg game a few months ago and we were talking CL and WC prospects, he was saying even with his bias that he realised other teams players had been overlooked. Bayern Munich sees itself as the true German representatives, dont even mention Dortmund or RB Leipzig?

50 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Klos was a great shot stopper but his kicking could be terrible.

He was unlucky because his career straddled Kopke, Illgner, Kahn and Lehmann. 4 of the best GK in football of the past 30 years.

Kicking was without doubt his only absolute weakness. That, and I dare say height kept him out of contention for German squads.

Still, 9 trophies with us and Bundeslia titles and a champions league with Dortmund. Had as good a career as any of them, and it probably says more about the DFBs bias towards picking Bayern players.

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

Cos he was possibly in the top five goalkeepers in the world at the time, never had a chance to prove it.

Over looked because of height and Bayern bias, he had nothing to prove to anyone

5 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Kicking was without doubt his only absolute weakness. That, and I dare say height kept him out of contention for German squads.

Still, 9 trophies with us and Bundeslia titles and a champions league with Dortmund. Had as good a career as any of them, and it probably says more about the DFBs bias towards picking Bayern players.

As I said above.

13 hours ago, tannerall said:

Just think if there had been world cups before 1930, say from around 1880, then Scotland and England would have won it most often, with a few wins for Argentina, Italy, maybe  Uruguay and Austria.. 

A Queen's Park/Rangers 11 would have trounced anyone around the turn of the century.

There were Olympics in its place. (Which is why Uruguay have four stars above their badge despite only winning two World Cups)

9 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Was genuinely gutted for him when they lost the final in 2010 ?

Subbed off literally 1 minute before Iniesta scored the winner for that useless cunt Braafheid. 

Was speaking to a scum fan at work last night about that final (and similar to this topic in general) and they completely forgot about the existence of Braafheid.

Regards to the final, I was the exact same. Didn't care how great that Spain team was, was just really hoping GVB could lift the world cup. And to a lesser extent, that particular generation of Dutch players as well ie Sneijder, Van Der Vaart etc and the fact they never clicnhed it in their own heyday.

On 07/07/2018 at 20:12, Hadron Collider said:

Mols. Never have seen a player turn with a ball like him. 

So true. I find it weird that nobody does the Mols turn. Plenty players do the Cruyff turn or step-overs but I can honestly say I've never seen another player try what Mols did so effectively as it works really well.

On 07/07/2018 at 21:24, dummiesoot said:

I does not matter, ffs boyata could win the wc with Belgium. 

The terms world class and world Cup winner class are totally separate, one being a proper description the other being a bit of luck. 

You've failed to read the OP properly. Tannerall in his OP has already stated Guivarche doesn't count despite already winning the world cup (thanks to an unwell Ronaldo IMO).

22 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I actually agree and I’m not joking.

Lehmann was a classy GK. Much, much better than Kahn with the ball at his feet and equally as good at commanding the area.

Kahn was more imposing though in a Schmeichel like way.

Neither could command the left wing like Neuer though.

Claudio Caniggia surely considering he scored against Brazil and Italy to get Argentina to the final in 1990, they might have won it that year if he wasn't suspended for the final. 

Surprised he's not been mentioned

I don't really follow international football but what sort of impact did Brian Laudrup have in Denmark's 1992 Euro's final and in their games thereafter? even though he was a class act for us domestically, he never done it for Rangers on the European stage and wasn't a big player for Bayern Munich and AC Milan before coming to us. 

On 08/07/2018 at 01:53, McEwan's Lager said:

Klos was a great shot stopper but his kicking could be terrible.

He was unlucky because his career straddled Kopke, Illgner, Kahn and Lehmann. 4 of the best GK in football of the past 30 years.

That's some list of keepers. Crazy to think how many genuinely world class keepers Germany used to produce. Klos would definitely have been a pick for Germany if those guys weren t there.