Well done Alfredo

kaiser1041

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:
  1.  Like in so many games someone has crossed a ball in and he has missed. It was a fantastic header, from a more difficult ball in than he has missed from on multiple occasions. It was a good ball but a great header.
  2. It's unsurprising you can't see that his attitude looked completely different last night, that's why it's like debating with a brick wall. He put the team first. He never let his head drop and show petulance. He was looking for others not only at the goal from stupid angles. He wasnt moaning and walking around in a huff. He was positive in play and attitude, inspiring even, not the negative guy he can be that a team mate would get riled by.
  3. You don't think he's changed much and you think he was given better service last night and supported better than in previous games. He wasn't. He did more, better, which is what we need from him. He created things for himself too which is what i mentioned previously,  we can't afford a centre forward who relies solely on service.  Last night proves nothing other than he's capable of it and has set his bar for the season.
  4. I'll not be getting in a debate with you on this one as you're not objective. But no doubt when he has his next stinker you'll avoid the thread or blame service and support again. 
  5. “It was a selfless performance from Alfredo, I thought he ran himself into the ground for the sake of the team" - SG

Gerrard pretty much nails what I'm saying. And whilst the graft has often been there the attitude was different with the very different selfless,  team first approach.

1.  Maybe he would have missed, but he doesn't get those opportunities if people don't cross the ball in for him...
  2. I won't dispute that he looked determined last night, but that's because he was doing what he enjoyed - getting in and about people instead of being played as a focal point. Just imagine if there had been another striker he could have laid off or played through balls to? You know that there's a difference between "petulance" and "frustration" right? If he was actually being petulant the manager should sub him off.
  3. I don't think he was given much service last night, no. Were there many of these "misses" that you like to berate him for? What were his stats - how many attempts on goal did he get?  In saying that "we afford a centre forward who relies solely on service", can I ask how you expect him to score goals otherwise? I don't think he's a magician, he can't create opportunities out of nothing. Think about how tight defences are in the SPL, he won't run rings around everyone on his own - he'll either need to given opportunities to finish, or be used as the provider for someone else to finish.
  4. Forgive me for trying to see the best in our players, play to their strengths and make the most out of what we have - instead of being all negative & downbeat like you. Based on your description, some could even say you were being petulant...
  5. I'd say Morelos did a lot more work for the team, than the team did for him. He worked his ass off and I'm sure he was exhausted - that's his style of play. When he puts in performances like that and things don't work out for him I would say that he is quite justified in getting a bit annoyed and frustrated.

There's no doubt his standard's dropped in the later part of last season but there's a difference (that many don't recognise on here) between being a poor player and being off form.

Hopefully Stevie G can get the best out of young Alfredo.

2 minutes ago, dougaaley said:

Look at that - another goal after someone provided him an opportunity...

Oh look, a player with a far improved attitude who has lost his petulance getting just rewards. Which is great for the team, as is his new selfless approach.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Oh look, a player with a far improved attitude who has lost his petulance getting just rewards.

A player who is playing better because the team are playing to his strengths...

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Chasing a contract at Fenerbache??

OR given the fact, he has never hidden his desire to play in the EPl (cannot blame him) perhaps he realises that hard-work and listening to SG might just get him there. 

Think the rest would have had a big impact on his game. 

Looks like he is back to the way he was at the start of last season. 

Spoke highly of Gerrard the other day too, hopefully he realises there will be a lot more eyes on our games with Gerrard here. 

3 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Chasing a contract at Fenerbache??

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

OR given the fact, he has never hidden his desire to play in the EPl (cannot blame him) perhaps he realises that hard-work and listening to SG might just get him there. 

He was doing the "I'm staying here" point at the ground thing after he scored.

3 hours ago, dougaaley said:

A player who is playing better because the team are playing to his strengths...

The two goals he's scored so far have came from the same type of chances we were creating last season.  Tavernier and Candeias crossing the ball in to the box isn't something new.