***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They make the changes that were needed in that second half both Murphy and Windass should’ve been off one played the whole game and the other played 15/20 mins longer than he should’ve  

You then lose Jack and we bring in Ejaria when we needed someone in there to fight for every ball. 

Where was Candeias

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Eh? ? We’d have absolutely strolled to victory, away, against the team that finished above us last season, were it not for the ref. Because the management team have actually put together a good side in a short amount of time.

Have a word with yourself ffs

I’ve explained it, we left Windass and Murphy on too long we sat deeper and deeper you could see it coming. 

When we did make changes it was the wrong ones. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They make the changes that were needed in that second half both Murphy and Windass should’ve been off one played the whole game and the other played 15/20 mins longer than he should’ve  

You then lose Jack and we bring in Ejaria when we needed someone in there to fight for every ball. 

To watch that game and come away blaming the management team for a 1-1 draw; need yer heid examined.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I honestly hope that brings us together. Us against everyone else. Fuck them.

We're stronger this Season and did not deserve that. 

It's easy to just slip back into your thoughts of last Season but it's different this year. 

Some big games coming up which will already make or break our Season.

So true last season we wud have buckled in the same position.

So glad McGregor there instead of Wes as well as has a calmer  feel at the back  .

Just now, The Godfather said:

I hope so but we are 2 points behind already. It's a bad start despite how we played and why it happened.

we can't afford to drop points out with they cunts, it makes or breaks the season in terms of trophies.

im gutted with that because it wasn't deserved one bit but again we are laying catch up early doors, horrible.

Of course the last thing we want to be doing is playing catch up and the way the game finished was sickening. 

But all we need to do is go on a run of winning games. 

If we don't and drop points against other teams then that's when to be 'annoyed' 'frustrated' etc.

But for 90 minutes that display was spot on. 

Feel Kent for Murphy took away any attacking outlet as Kent was off the pace.

Sadiq for Murphy and DC for Windass could have maintained the graft and more threat on the break.

Mcrorie should have came on for Jack.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing and we will pump them rotten in the rest. 

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

I think any criticism is being pretty unfair. We were the better team at Pittodrie with 10 men for 86 mins. We should let that sink in a bit.

I agree to an extent but daft decisions lime Windass trying to shoot when he had 2 options and lack of header accuracy did it help.

We had chances to score more and didn't take them. I know we had 10 men and the officials are cheating bastards but we need to be strong enough to kill of any bullshit we face.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He was prancing around like a giraffe . Not  one serious challenge or tackle . We have to defend from the front and he offers none of that .

And when he does have it , he is completely wasteful and clueless .

I'm being kind here as we lost 2 points today because the front men did not do enough to help out with the dirty work.

10 men or not . That lot were shite . SG should hopefully sell this useless numptie

You only see what you want to see.

3 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Threw it away. 2 late goals conceded in last 2 games, worrying. 

Yeah obviously completely different circumstances in the two games but we're going to have to start being far more clinical up front in spells where we're dominating the game and giving ourselves some breathing room. We can't go trying to hang onto single goal leads week in week out. 

But good spirit shown today and we never really looked in much trouble until the last 10 minutes when we dropped too deep and invited pressure onto us. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I hope so but we are 2 points behind already. It's a bad start despite how we played and why it happened.

we can't afford to drop points out with they cunts, it makes or breaks the season in terms of trophies.

im gutted with that because it wasn't deserved one bit but again we are laying catch up early doors, horrible.

Ok, but be realistic. We aren't going to challenge in one window.

Our aim this year has to be to sort out mess out, win a cup, run them close and beat them at least once.

We should have won today but it was a good performance and miles better than last year in this situation 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Think we seemed to get a bit nervous those last few minutes after looking comfortable whole game 

Still encouraging ultimately if we can play like that most weeks but early days 

Absolutely inevitable, given the home crowd, the man advantage and the 6 minutes being announced. First proper shot by them and they got lucky. It’s gutting, but as you say overall very encouraging. 

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

Great performance, one deserving of a win, that Kent sub is worrying though, clearly not what was needed.

Yip. 

Ended with a more attacking squad than we started with. 

McCrorie for Jack, and Candeias for Murphy. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Been saying for the last three (or more) seasons, when you are overrun in midfield you put too much pressure on your defense, the substitutions reminded me of Murty or Warburton, McCrorie for Jack and Candeias for Windass and we have a much more solid mid. 

Loved our effort and our fitness

Archived