European away teams when they visit Ibrox

I seen a poster saying that this Croatian lad was at the stadium last night having a tour. The team we are signing him from only played at Ibrox last month which would make you believe if the poster was correct we don't give teams a look around the stadium?

In recent years whenever I speak to someone foreign about football as soon as I mention Rangers they usually mention the issues we have had over the last few years which is what a lot of them sadly will now associate us with. Clubs will visit us believing they can beat us as we are still recovering so why not show them around in a mini tour emphasizing the history, the trophy room etc and use it to our advantage so they go on the pitch with it already in their head that we are the most successful club in the world rather than thinking we are there for the taking 

17 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Can you imagine if we were playing in Milan and instead of preparing for the game we went on a jolly around the San Siro? 

Hardly a jolly or a full tour, a quick show around could easily be fitted in as they are being shown to the changing rooms. Do they not get to train on the pitch the day before? 

16 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

What a mental thing to say. Do you think Maribor players give the slightest fuck about what the inner sanctum of Ibrox looks like? I’m sure they’d much rather be feet up in their five star hotel sleeping or ripping the head off it. 

Disagree tbh, if a team that plays in a shitty stadium in eastern Europe turns up I think they would be pretty impressed when they turned up at Ibrox. I have heard from someone that played at Ibrox that when his team turned up they were treated to way better hospitality than they had ever experienced at any other club. That hospitality the day before coupled with a mini tour/ walk around wouldn't be out of place

44 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Hardly a jolly or a full tour, a quick show around could easily be fitted in as they are being shown to the changing rooms. Do they not get to train on the pitch the day before? 

You're correct, in Euro games the away team has the option of training on the pitch the night before, some do it and some don't.

32 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I actually think there is some merit in this.

Perhaps not a tour, but the away dressing room covered in photo / wall art of our players lifting trophies, trophy cabinets, fans in Manchester etc.

Yeah, could see some of that working.

You'd need to take them down after euro games or the mhanky cunts who play for and support paedo fc would be spitting all over them 

1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I seen a poster saying that this Croatian lad was at the stadium last night having a tour. The team we are signing him from only played at Ibrox last month which would make you believe if the poster was correct we don't give teams a look around the stadium?

In recent years whenever I speak to someone foreign about football as soon as I mention Rangers they usually mention the issues we have had over the last few years which is what a lot of them sadly will now associate us with. Clubs will visit us believing they can beat us as we are still recovering so why not show them around in a mini tour emphasizing the history, the trophy room etc and use it to our advantage so they go on the pitch with it already in their head that we are the most successful club in the world rather than thinking we are there for the taking 

What if they don't want to go on the tour or listen to someone tell them how amazing Rangers are?  Can we use force?

clockwork_brainwash.jpg

Surely it would psych them out more if seeing Ibrox for first time just before game. They might be smaller clubs in stature but I do believe some of these countries might have TVs or even the internet so will not be that overawed at Ibrox.