The tides turning

scottyc06

21 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

edit: edited the edit  so forget that. fcked the figures and can't be fcked reviewing them

If you were a taig you'd have those figures checked, double checked, sent off to Countdown for Carol Voldemort to verify, have them checked again, get your pet daughter to check it over instead of do her homework, send it to the procurator fiscal, have his dog check it, release it as an article and still have the facts wrong. 

This is what's wrong with our support...Not enough commitment to make yourself look like a massive cunt for the greater cause. 

21 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

If you were a taig you'd have those figures checked, double checked, sent off to Countdown for Carol Voldemort to verify, have them checked again, get your pet daughter to check it over instead of do her homework, send it to the procurator fiscal, have his dog check it, release it as an article and still have the facts wrong. 

This is what's wrong with our support...Not enough commitment to make yourself look like a massive cunt for the greater cause. 

fuck off. My commitment is to alcohol at the moment ?

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

They had a wage bill last year of £51m & they made around £28m from the champions league. You take away the champions league money this year & that money in the bank will very soon dwindle. Their whole model is built on them being in the champions league. So no, they are not cash rich, when such a precarious variable could have such an impact.

Spot on Scotty.

They spent £30M more than us per year on wages as of 1 year ago. They made £28M of that back on Champions League revenue.

Net -£2M??? No wonder they were penny pinching on McGinn.

4 hours ago, HG5 said:

Scum did what happened a few times last year - dropped points after European games.

We did that last week (yes - I know there are excuses).

We need to make sure there’s no repeat this week.

Double edge sword, 

With our light squad i can see this being our biggest threat to losing out this season. 

6 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

They had a wage bill last year of £51m & they made around £28m from the champions league. You take away the champions league money this year & that money in the bank will very soon dwindle. Their whole model is built on them being in the champions league. So no, they are not cash rich, when such a precarious variable could have such an impact.

I'm not interested in a drawn out battle over their financials.  I posted that to show that they are cash rich.  30 million is a fair bit of money.  No idea of their wage bill but imagine a fair bit of it is bonuses.  No CL this year wouldn't put them in debt which is where most Scottish football clubs sit.  Which was where this all started.

3 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

I'm not interested in a drawn out battle over their financials.  I posted that to show that they are cash rich.  30 million is a fair bit of money.  No idea of their wage bill but imagine a fair bit of it is bonuses.  No CL this year wouldn't put them in debt which is where most Scottish football clubs sit.  Which was where this all started.

It wouldn’t put them in debt but if you think that losing out on an additional £28m (or the £40m that they were projected to make this season) wouldn’t significantly reduce that £30m that you go on about then your working to an agenda rather than talking in facts like your trying to portray.

So to say that they are cash rich when their bank balance totally hinges on CL football is utter pish. 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

It wouldn’t put them in debt but if you think that losing out on an additional £28m (or the £40m that they were projected to make this season) wouldn’t significantly reduce that £30m that you go on about then your working to an agenda rather than talking in facts like your trying to portray.

So to say that they are cash rich when their bank balance totally hinges on CL football is utter pish. 

Maybe you dont understand "cash rich"?

7 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

Maybe you dont understand "cash rich"?

??? Fully aware! Horrible attempt to deflect there though!   

I don’t know if you’re purposely ignoring the significant expenditure that won’t simply go away should they fail to bring in the revenues associated with making the CL? 

Anyway, I need to get a sleep before heading to Ibrox! You be sure to find a good stream & tune in with the rest of the obsessed! 

3 hours ago, jackunion said:

Double edge sword, 

With our light squad i can see this being our biggest threat to losing out this season. 

Yes - if we continue to progress, we could become victims of our own success.

8 hours ago, Coplander2 said:

These show revenue of £71.5m (2016: £61.2m) and a profit from trading of £23.7m (2016: £21.4m). Overall this resulted in a profit before taxation of £19.5m (2016: £18.6m) and a period end net cash at bank of £30.9m (2016: £18.6m).

You seem to know an awful lot about them cunts

36 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

Lets start with the ones that know everything about torbett etc.  they're obsessed.  ?

One phone call and maybe just maybe your club wouldn't have had a confirmed paedo ring with Crewe Alexandra. Funny you's don't shout about that speshul relationship

38 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

Took two minutes to Google it.  The 30 million in the bank was all over the news and papers.  I do know a lot about our biggest rivals, aye.

That's sad as fuck 

I'm assuming you're taig but if not then aye, that's sad as fuck. I know next to nothing about their business. 

I work with a few taigs and I find it just fucking embarrassing that they come to me most days to talk only about Rangers. Should have been drowned at birth 

Last season we couldn’t get beyond a run of 3 games without a defeat. We’re 8 games unbeaten (6 competitive) and not been behind in a game yet.

Turning the game around after losing the first goal can show the strength of a team so here’s hoping our new team hates losing and step up their fight if that ever happens.

Win today and we go ahead of the scum for the first time since all our troubles began. 

It’s very very early days but we keep the winning mentality going and who knows what could happen and where we will be during September but there is a definite feeling about this team.