The tides turning

scottyc06

2 hours ago, Almacger said:

Way too early for this chat, we’ve not even played our first league game at home yet ffs! It’s been a very encouraging start but you cannot start to predict how things will go at this stage. There is still several weeks left before the transfer window closes so you can be sure that other players will come in not just at Ibrox but Bheast FC.  When we start winning all our games at home and get results against that Mhob then I’ll gladly say the tide is turning.

Keep positive Bears but don’t get ahead of ourselves just yet. ?

Paddy Powers did after THEY won last week,PP paid out on them winning the league after 1 game ?

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I think it's very telling that the only one they managed to sell for decent money was Armstrong. If Dembele or Tierney were really that rated they'd be gone by now. Good players don't stay in Scotland that long.

Dembele is injury prone and the English clubs knew this before celtic bought him. Tierney is a good player however not worth millions. As I stated they work on a break even buisiness plan to prevent paying corporation tax. They have a good turn over however it all gets paid out. They need to sell players or get champion league football to sustain it. They managed to do that while we were out of contention however it is catching up with them. Karma is a bitch.

As others have quite rightly pointed out, we have had moments of optimism in the last few years and it's all come crashing down. 

Having said that, a lot of us have noticed that something feels different this time around. There's just something about Gerrard- the global brand, the signings we've made, the atmosphere at Ibrox in the past couple of games.. there's a curious sense of optimism back and it feels as though something big is brewing...

Across the city there are murmurs of discontent at the scum, they're on the verge of missing out on the Champions League for the first time in a few years and have already lost a league game only 2 games into the season (contrast with the "invincibles" regardless of their European embarrassments).

The tide is turning, it could the this season or it might be next, but I've never felt surer.. it's happening. Let's go!

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tomorrow is a big test. We've shown we can dig in and defend and counter attack. Tomorrow is tye chance to see how we fair playing on the front foot with a team who will sit in deep.

Tomorrow is not a big test. Tomorrow is the basics. Tomorrow is a comfortable win. If it's not we should rightly worry.

19 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Aye they did, but if we beat them at Ibrox, a title race would have been on, even if it only lasted until the next game against them. I'm not saying we would have won it (we clearly wouldn't have) but we'd have been what, three points behind or something? Think about how utterly awful we were last year - that's pretty ridiculous looking back that we were ever potentially even that close. We had a youth coach managing the team for most of the season. Even in the end they still only finished 12 points ahead. We'll be better this year. We just beat a team arguably as good as them on Thursday.

I admire your optimism, but even if we had beat them that game we never had the makings of a side for the run in.  Results proved that.

I dont know who thinks that Maribor on Thursday were as good as they are but they need to up their meds.  I think they will crush us on the 2nd.  We've a long way to go yet to being top dog in Scotland.  Its coming but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

15 minutes ago, Amato said:

As others have quite rightly pointed out, we have had moments of optimism in the last few years and it's all come crashing down. 

Having said that, a lot of us have noticed that something feels different this time around. There's just something about Gerrard- the global brand, the signings we've made, the atmosphere at Ibrox in the past couple of games.. there's a curious sense of optimism back and it feels as though something big is brewing...

Across the city there are murmurs of discontent at the scum, they're on the verge of missing out on the Champions League for the first time in a few years and have already lost a league game only 2 games into the season (contrast with the "invincibles" regardless of their European embarrassments).

The tide is turning, it could the this season or it might be next, but I've never felt surer.. it's happening. Let's go!

More than murmurs now mate. Seeing they now have a player downing tools and refusing to play for them again. They exit the champs league and it's a full blown crisis.  

I've not been this confident going into a season in years. We get that home form sorted and start taking more points in the old firm I think we could challange for 55 this season. 

48 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

This, we’ve not won a league game yet.

In fairness we’ve only played one and 86 minutes of that we’re with 10 men. Tomorrow I’m sure we will see our internet, and that’ll be without what I see as our most influential player so far under SG in Jack but we’ll get by that. 

19 minutes ago, Amato said:

Tomorrow is not a big test. Tomorrow is the basics. Tomorrow is a comfortable win. If it's not we should rightly worry.

It is a big test after the way last season was at home. 

I hope the squad don't go into it thinking with your mindset, complacency will lose us any hope of the league title. 

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

On the first point I absolutely agree. But we were close in spite of ourselves.

Maribor have knocked them out a few times in recent history and have themselves gotten to the Champions League Group stages. celtic are probably better but there's an arguable case for Maribor being their equal. We can agree to disagree on the second. We have a long way to go and they're definitely favourites for the game on the 2nd but we shouldn't sell ourselves short either. They can be beaten and we are entirely capable of matching and bettering them on the day. We'll have to play at our best but we can do it. 

1 minute ago, Coplander2 said:

Making shit up doesnt help your argument.  Nor do results from years ago even if they had happened.

Maribor have knocked out us, scum, sheep and hibs. Scum and Sheep were in the last 3 years. 

They are a good side. I would say they are better than a lot of teams we'll face in the league this year. I wouldn't say they are on par with the scum. 

1st old firm they will he favourites but I agree tm91 we shouldn't sell ourselfs short.

From what we've seen so far this sqaud will be well up for a battle and will be a very different prospect to what they have faced before. 

If we go at them with the same intestity we've showing in games so far we can get a result.

49 minutes ago, Prince George said:

I believe if they get knocked out of the champions league they will not improve their squad. They are not cash rich and work on a break even business plan which has been successful while we have been in the lower divisions. They previously offloaded players for good money however none of the current squad are as good as the media make out hence none went in the transfer window. With no players sold and no champion league money players in will not be of the pedigree needed. They have a massive wage bill as it is. They also have all their assets secured by the co op bank and in July 2019 have 14.8 million to pay back to them. Although this is affordable with there turnover they must start to offload players.

Your right their wage bill is horrendous, and for all they have made a few quid on players leaving (mostly made up nonsense that was nothing like the real figures) they have signed at least 4 duds for top money for each decent player. TLB was terrible for it yet because of Wanyama got lorded as a genius, people forget bangura for 5 mil left on a free 9 months after, Carlton Cole etc, they get few right and somehow gain better money than is normal for Scottish clubs but again even that is debatable given the figures that the buying/selling clubs give for their transfer activities. 

Latest bullshit by our media is £9m for Eduard yet French media say €6.5 and I know who I believe. 

They lose Tuesday they are in trouble and they know it. 

58 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

Did you sleep through Feb to May? They fucked us for fun. 

One defeat and pish in the papers doesnt mean the tide has turned.

It doesn’t, everyone knows that, but Rodgers stance in calling out the board is the first sign that they are getting nervous. They haven’t faced a challenge in 6 years and their players have never had a real challenge for the title. Who knows if they have the bottle for it ? Hopefully come May we will find out.