The tides turning

scottyc06

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit, one game at a time for now. 

Hopefully this is drilled into the squad. 

No point in celebrating them losing points if we go into games half arsed. 

The first test of the teams mentality this season is against a newly promoted team who are likely to have 11 behind the ball for 90 mins, and break on the counter, that's what has fucked us the last few seasons. 

It's different when European teams come to Ibrox, they're always looking for an away goal, but spfl teams will come happy to sit back. 

35 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

We can start getting excited because we have played the ‘supposedly’ 2nd best team in Scotland away from home with 10 men for nearly all the match and were so unclucky not to win and just beat 2 very decent European sides.

hey it’s early but fuck it we’ve been shite for years so I’m getting excited.

I think it is the performances in Europe that has definitely got the fans excited, I just think we need to hit the ground running domestically and turn over Bheast FC before I become more confident. Trust me mate, I’ll be as excited as every other Bear if we actually do look like we can actually do it this season.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

I'm very apprehensive and don't like making bold predictions after our recent failures but i do think Gerrard and his team have what it takes to get us back on top, whether that is this season i don't know.

One step at a time.

Am hoping it is this season when that bellend is still the taigs manager.make it all the more better

End of August and I’ll feel better once the window is closed. Oily face may not be totally showing his hand yet. Yes it sounds like there are boardroom issues with the cunts but I prefer to wait just a little bit longer. If they go out of Champions League they will be trying like fuck to win the league which would mean spending to keep this run going as right now  as I believe they are really worried about us. Cunts think right now that all they have to do is show up. Got their fucking faces washed today by hertz. Let’s Go! 

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit, one game at a time for now. 

This... Too much talk and false expectations from previous regimes. (Warburton in particular)

Feels like we are building something special, but then it felt like that after 10 games under Warburton.

Until Gerrard delivers 55, he is just a manager who has made a promising start. The one thing I do agree with is keeping the feel good factor going, it's tremendous.

Hard not to get caught up into the feel good factor around the club right now, but I honestly believe for the first time in six years we’re close to what we need, and they are not as great as our media would have cunts believe. Tomorrow will give us a good indication on where we are as last few seasons we’d drop stupid points in games that should be a formality and basically hand they cunts the league. 

This just feels different on many levels, and I honestly don’t believe Stevie G would accept it, and that’s going to be the difference this season. 

Brenda hitting out with “Terminado” just highlights his appreciation of the situation and that’s before they dropped points the day. They go out Tuesday and there is a huge negativity hanging over the piggery. 

Lets go. 

6 minutes ago, tm91 said:

You can actually sense the momentum switching.

We were a victory away from forcing a title race last year when we had an awful team managed by a youth coach for most of the season. For the first time since 2011 I feel like we've actually got a good team capable of winning the league. We're not favourites, we're not the finished article, we've still got a long way to go - but I genuinely think we might just win the title this year. I don't just have blind hope this time.

I believe if they get knocked out of the champions league they will not improve their squad. They are not cash rich and work on a break even business plan which has been successful while we have been in the lower divisions. They previously offloaded players for good money however none of the current squad are as good as the media make out hence none went in the transfer window. With no players sold and no champion league money players in will not be of the pedigree needed. They have a massive wage bill as it is. They also have all their assets secured by the co op bank and in July 2019 have 14.8 million to pay back to them. Although this is affordable with there turnover they must start to offload players.

16 minutes ago, tm91 said:

You can actually sense the momentum switching a little bit. You've got infighting over there, them losing games and playing poorly, and us feeling almost universally positive, which is a miracle in itself.

We were a victory away from forcing a title race last year when we had an awful team managed by a youth coach for most of the season. We are so, so much better now and it's only August. For the first time since 2011 I feel like we've actually got a good team capable of winning the league. We're not favourites, we're not the finished article, we've still got a long way to go - but I genuinely think we might just win the title this year. I don't just have blind hope this time.

Did you sleep through Feb to May? They fucked us for fun. 

One defeat and pish in the papers doesnt mean the tide has turned.

41 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

End of August and I’ll feel better once the window is closed. Oily face may not be totally showing his hand yet. Yes it sounds like there are boardroom issues with the cunts but I prefer to wait just a little bit longer. If they go out of Champions League they will be trying like fuck to win the league which would mean spending to keep this run going as right now  as I believe they are really worried about us. Cunts think right now that all they have to do is show up. Got their fucking faces washed today by hertz. Let’s Go! 

They can spend what they like, I'd go with SG's choice of new players over what ever that bellend might buy - overpriced as well