The tides turning

scottyc06

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It doesn’t, everyone knows that, but Rodgers stance in calling out the board is the first sign that they are getting nervous. They haven’t faced a challenge in 6 years and their players have never had a real challenge for the title. Who knows if they have the bottle for it ? Hopefully come May we will find out. 

Cant disagree with that.  Key part is "hopefully".  As I say I admire the boy's optimism but I prefer to be cautious.

Easy mate,we were running them close prior to the 3-2 game at Ibrox and there's no doubt they were beginning to feel the heat..the first heat the cunts have felt in about five year. We take that up a level again from the patchwork pish that managed that last season and we may have an actual challenge on our hands?

7 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Your right their wage bill is horrendous, and for all they have made a few quid on players leaving (mostly made up nonsense that was nothing like the real figures) they have signed at least 4 duds for top money for each decent player. TLB was terrible for it yet because of Wanyama got lorded as a genius, people forget bangura for 5 mil left on a free 9 months after, Carlton Cole etc, they get few right and somehow gain better money than is normal for Scottish clubs but again even that is debatable given the figures that the buying/selling clubs give for their transfer activities. 

Latest bullshit by our media is £9m for Eduard yet French media say €6.5 and I know who I believe. 

They lose Tuesday they are in trouble and they know it. 

Their accounts showed they had 30 million in the bank.  How much does a Scottish football team need to have in the bank to be cash rich?  We can argue about fees for players as the papers will print any old shit.  But theyre financially healthy for now.

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

It doesn’t, everyone knows that, but Rodgers stance in calling out the board is the first sign that they are getting nervous. They haven’t faced a challenge in 6 years and their players have never had a real challenge for the title. Who knows if they have the bottle for it ? Hopefully come May we will find out. 

This ?

They have never had the pressure of a sustained challange. It's a different prospect winning the title when a team is breathing down your neck looking to take advantage of any mistake. 

Early days but we're already seeing signs the bubble is bursting. If we ramp up the pressure I think they will crack under it. 

5 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

Cant disagree with that.  Key part is "hopefully".  As I say I admire the boy's optimism but I prefer to be cautious.

Fair enough mate and to be honest your probably right ha ha, me being 43 I’ve seen us at our worst in the early 80s but after the Souness years I just can’t contemplate not bring top. Even last season I was quietly optimistic, albeit wrongly lol. This season just feels different though. Let’s hope it pans out the way we want. We deserve it big time. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This ?

They have never had the pressure of a sustained challange. It's a different prospect winning the title when a team is breathing down your neck looking to take advantage of any mistake. 

Early days but we're already seeing signs the bubble is bursting. If we ramp up the pressure I think they will crack under it. 

That’s it mate and Rodgers has already blown the only title he had pressure in with Liverpool, guys a fraud that’s had it easy. Not this season. 

6 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Aye seen that, Fannies ??

To be fair at the price they were at the press exposure would have been with the few hundred grand paid out. It was the Man U one they paid out on that really done them, £37 mil that cost them ha ha stupid fenian cunts

4 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

When was the last time we had such a sustained feel good factor? 

Tomorrows display nails the current feeling amongst us, we’re taking back our club & our city!! 

Actually feel confident we’re doing 55 this year! The cracks are already showing across the city at all levels from the boardroom to the fans! They’re there for the taking & we’ve got a team with enough fight in them to take it back!! 

Lets keep making Ibrox an absolute fortress!! ??

2E6BBCD8-34C9-4FE9-BA7D-C3FFDE80279B.jpeg

C8FD456E-2A92-4D2F-87E0-798A3E304190.jpeg

If that Hearts team can take 3 points at tynecastle against them then anything less from us at Ibrox is unacceptable. I really believe that Stevie G can turn all those lost points from last season around for us. If he does do that, then we've got a real chance. 

Think about our goals for. We scored the most goals last season of any team. It was our home record and in particular our defence at home that let us down. I reckon SG is on the right road to fix that. 

I feel like in terms of the squad were almost there. Maybe even just another CB, a creative MF and a prolific ST away from our next title. 

Let's Go!

29 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

Their accounts showed they had 30 million in the bank.  How much does a Scottish football team need to have in the bank to be cash rich?  We can argue about fees for players as the papers will print any old shit.  But theyre financially healthy for now.

They are not cash rich. They work on a successful break Even buisiness plan which with their current expenditure requires them to sell assets or get champion league money. At present no cunt wants their players and AEK will fuck them out of champions league. Let’s go.

1 hour ago, Prince George said:

They are not cash rich. They work on a successful break Even buisiness plan which with their current expenditure requires them to sell assets or get champion league money. At present no cunt wants their players and AEK will fuck them out of champions league. Let’s go.

These show revenue of £71.5m (2016: £61.2m) and a profit from trading of £23.7m (2016: £21.4m). Overall this resulted in a profit before taxation of £19.5m (2016: £18.6m) and a period end net cash at bank of £30.9m (2016: £18.6m).

6 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

These show revenue of £71.5m (2016: £61.2m) and a profit from trading of £23.7m (2016: £21.4m). Overall this resulted in a profit before taxation of £19.5m (2016: £18.6m) and a period end net cash at bank of £30.9m (2016: £18.6m).

You are flagging up on a few threads at the moment, so what does this post prove??

6 hours ago, GaryMc said:

One game at a time. Been too many time recently were we look on the up then come crashing down.

This does feel different and I'm genuinely buzzing but not getting carried away just yet.

Thankfully it seems Gerrard is going on the one game at a time motto as well which should help.

Scum did what happened a few times last year - dropped points after European games.

We did that last week (yes - I know there are excuses).

We need to make sure there’s no repeat this week.

23 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

They had a wage bill last year of £51m & they made around £28m from the champions league. You take away the champions league money this year & that money in the bank will very soon dwindle. Their whole model is built on them being in the champions league. So no, they are not cash rich, when such a precarious variable could have such an impact.