Take a bow Wes

jbm26896

We are very strong in the goalkeeping department we have the best goalie in the league in McGregor and have Wes and Alnwick as back both capable keepers, we also have young McCorie coming through who had an excellent season at Berwick last year where he picked up five player of the year trophies.

We will probably lose either Wes or Alnwick in due course as four very good keepers won't sit about too long anyhoo we are strong in there at the moment. 

36 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Today....agreed. Today he earned his pay but what about the vast majority of his time with us? Never Rangers class.

Disagree, he wasn't the best keeper we've ever had, and he was definitely replaceable and McGregor is far better than him, however he was never a *problem* in the team. If we still had him as our #1 this season not many people would have been complaining assuming we sorted the rest of the team out. And anyway whether that's true or not, it wasn't the point of what I was saying, I meant people who were saying and I a quote "it would make me sick if Foderingham starts on Sunday" which I think is well out of order. A Rangers top class keeper would have saved a few extra shots than Wes and I'd be the first to criticise him for that too, but he never made any howlers that come to mind and has always been professional. Not a top class keeper but solid. Saying he makes you sick and should be nowhere near the team even as a #2 is just ridiculous. 

Aye he had a decent game tbf, the save from the freekick was phenomenoul to get it up and over the bar.

I still think we would have been doing well to get rid of him this summer but he looks like he will be here until new year at least and wants to stake his claim dor a regular starting position.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

He is shite.

Tav is shite.

Alfredo is shite.

Isn’t that what some of our posters on here would have us believe?

I’m glad his form is good. Given the bloody injury’s we are picking up we might yet need him! 

I'll go further. Gerrard is shite. Couldn't manage his dinner. Obvs

17 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

He was never as bad as people made out on here overall he’s been a solid goalkeeper for us but was in very bad form in the 2nd half of last season (like most of our squad) so people ignored his good performances.

Obviously McGregor is a better keeper but the abuse of Fod has been over the top.

Wes has far to many weaknesses especially from range to be a top keeper but he is able back up even if imo Alnwick is better.

Anyone else catch the 2nd half moment he just fails to keep the ball in - Killie corner - stands up and clearly screams “see that one did ya” at the linesman. Goldson starts pishing himself laughing. 

Foderingham for me last few seasons has been one of our best players. There's always going to be moments where a goalkeeper could do better for certain goals of course, but in general I feel he has performed well. Wonder how much better he would have been if he had been playing behind this defence for a season or two instead of the likes of Kiernan/Wilson who lets be honest were fairly terrible footballers.