Alfredo for Colombia?

MattyBlue

20 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He won't be gone if he accepts an improved contract.... unless that massive offer comes in. The manager will do everything to keep him

I said likely, not that it's a definite - just because he's accepted an improved contract doesn't mean he won't then be sold. It just increases his value.

Either way, whether he goes or stays - international experience will only benefit not hinder his progress with us. 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We find a talent and all everyone wants is to sell him. 

I don't want to sell him, I'm saying I think it's probably likely. If he has a season like we all expect him to and get's called up the Colombia squad it's likely he'll have a few suitors and we'll sell him for good money. 

Either way, you said you didn't want him getting an international call up this season because of dealing with pressure and travel - the experience he'll gain and value he'll add to his price will far outweigh a few days of jet lag. As for pressure, we want our players experiencing every kind of pressure to improve them as a player.

I would be actively encouraging a call up for Fredo as it's a win for all parties.  

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I don't want to sell him, I'm saying I think it's probably likely. If he has a season like we all expect him to and get's called up the Colombia squad it's likely he'll have a few suitors and we'll sell him for good money. 

Either way, you said you didn't want him getting an international call up this season because of dealing with pressure and travel - the experience he'll gain and value he'll add to his price will far outweigh a few days of jet lag. As for pressure, we want our players experiencing every kind of pressure to improve them as a player.

I would be actively encouraging a call up for Fredo as it's a win for all parties.  

We can disagree on this one mate, I would rather he was totally focused on us and winning 55, maybe even getting out of the group stages. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We can disagree on this one mate, I would rather he was totally focused on us and winning 55, maybe even getting out of the group stages. 

Absolutely we can disagree, I'm just putting across my opinion. International football would do his confidence a world of good and training alongside the likes of James and Falcao. Just can't see downsides other than perhaps jet-lag. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Absolutely we can disagree, I'm just putting across my opinion. International football would do his confidence a world of good and training alongside the likes of James and Falcao. Just can't see downsides other than perhaps jet-lag. 

Aye mate, I agree with all that, but would just like it all to happen next season. 

2 hours ago, Burts91 said:

For me, Morelos at times genuinely looks unplayable and his hold up play and strength can be phenomenal.

Think he could be a bit more clinical though (despite his very good goals return it could have been a lot more), and also needs to improve his football IQ (Offside goal Vs Osijek springs to mind) and he could play at a really high level.

The way he held off the defender to create that goal out of nothing yesterday was unbelievable. Would like his distance shooting to be more powerful and accurate but he’s coming along really well under a proper manager

2 hours ago, Burts91 said:

For me, Morelos at times genuinely looks unplayable and his hold up play and strength can be phenomenal.

Think he could be a bit more clinical though (despite his very good goals return it could have been a lot more), and also needs to improve his football IQ (Offside goal Vs Osijek springs to mind) and he could play at a really high level.

Come on he scored four on Sunday, not his fault we don't use goal line technology in this backwater.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

Come on he scored four on Sunday, not his fault we don't use goal line technology in this backwater.

I love him, I'm just meaning there are certain times where it looks like he overthinks his finish and could be more clinical. Excellent Hat-Trick yesterday right enough.

1 minute ago, Burts91 said:

I love him, I'm just meaning there are certain times where it looks like he overthinks his finish and could be more clinical. Excellent Hat-Trick yesterday right enough.

He certainly missed his share of sitters last season and still needs to work on his timing and his temper, but overall we've got a good player there.

Just now, big blue Fin said:

He certainly missed his share of sitters last season and still needs to work on his timing and his temper, but overall we've got a good player there.

Definitely agree that he can go far in this game but I do think he's a bit raw at times.

Just now, Burts91 said:

Definitely agree that he can go far in this game but I do think he's a bit raw at times.

So we have him with the right coach at the right time now, he's still only 22 and he has a man of Gerrard pedigree to bring him on and train him up. Morelos could go on to become a major world class striker and make us a fortune if we can hold on to him for a few more years.

There is chance he get asked to join the team for the 2 friendly games. The games are in USA against probably not fully strength Argentina and a very bad Venezuela team. Only problem is our national team manager position is not decided yet. Pekerman is contract till end of this month and probably wont continue with the job and there has been rumour of possibility of Osorio or 2 European coaches. It depend who get the position of manager.