Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JukeBoxJohn said:

They'll give us the birthday caird pish and the mugs amongst our support will buy it. Sad really.

I'd never forgive it but I'd have more respect if they just admitted their career ambition/finances took over any sort of love for Rangers at that time 

Just now, BillySastard said:

Some utter dreadful posts in this sewer of a thread.

He's back and will win us matches. Stevie G sanctioned this too. If you don't like it then you better not have the cheek to celebrate if he scores the winner against septic.

Shut the fuck up, abysmal post.

1 minute ago, BillySastard said:

Some utter dreadful posts in this sewer of a thread.

He's back and will win us matches. Stevie G sanctioned this too. If you don't like it then you better not have the cheek to celebrate if he scores the winner against septic.

Nah, I'll celebrate it and still stand by what I'm saying thanks 

13 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

?Thank fuck eventually I get a laugh from this madhouse of a thread

Been a member on here since 2008 (I think) and I've been patiently waiting all that time for an excuse to call someone Ned Flanders. 

@Bluepeter9 has given me plenty of opportunities but you can tell he'd be flattered and I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. 

Some tragic comments on here, not one person has been in the position they were in, but so many know what they would’ve done.  So easy looking from the outside in. 

Wives and kids to support, mortgages etc, but yep, everyone would’ve tupe’d over without knowing the financial ramifications with changed contracts and effectively ruining your footballing career playing in the lowest divisions.  We are all emotionally mired in this because we are fans (some more staunch and Uber than others), but just think about you having to downgrade your career, house, car lifestyle etc because the directors in your company fucked the company over, or you could move elsewhere and live the life you’ve become accustomed too.

Too many puritanical do gooders who’ve never been wrong in their lives about anything and then never have it within themselves to forgive people who have, pretty sad really.

Rfc52 has explained his feelings very clearly and I fully understand why he feels as he does, especially given the statement that Lafferty made at the time - the goldfish bowl one. However, without being disrespectful to Lafferty, he doesn't come across as the brightest and perhaps he regrets making the statement.  Given all the shit that was flying about at the time maybe it was understandable that players were worried about their futures and were being given all sorts of advice from agents and lawyers, and I'm not trying to make excuses for any of them.

I'm putting my trust in SG, he must see something in Lafferty that will improve us and given the early signs of success with all his signings so far I'm quietly optimistic Lafferty will have a significant contribution to make.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Been a member on here since 2008 (I think) and I've been patiently waiting all that time for an excuse to call someone Ned Flanders. 

@Bluepeter9 has given me plenty of opportunities but you can tell he'd be flattered and I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. 

Are you really Jewish?

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Well I am proud that it was me on the receiving end :lol:

Just now, Blueofblood said:

Some tragic comments on here, not one person has been in the position they were in, but so many know what they would’ve done.  So easy looking from the outside in. 

Wives and kids to support, mortgages etc, but yep, everyone would’ve tupe’d over without knowing the financial ramifications with changed contracts and effectively ruining your footballing career playing in the lowest divisions.  We are all emotionally mired in this because we are fans (some more staunch and Uber than others), but just think about you having to downgrade your career, house, car lifestyle etc because the directors in your company fucked the company over, or you could move elsewhere and live the life you’ve become accustomed too.

Too many puritanical do gooders who’ve never been wrong in their lives about anything and then never have it within themselves to forgive people who have, pretty sad really.

Having to cut my weekly wage from 15k to 7.5k (rough estimate, poinst still stands), my heart fucking bleeds. 

It sickens me the short memories amongst us. Another embarrassment of a post.

1 minute ago, Blueofblood said:

I know mate they would have been at the foodbanks if they'd tupe'd over for a few days/weeks 

Unbelievable the divide in opinion. Can’t wait til he scores and see the haters trying to kid on they still hate him just to be staunch.

A guy on my bus after miller returned wouldn’t acknowledge him, if we won 2-1 and Miller scored he would tell for it decent decent 1-1 draw ???

Doesn't matter what he says, we all know how he left, even the 'welcome home' mob, but he's back and all anyone is really interested in is how he performs on the pitch.

During games I doubt any normal person will be shouting at him because of his leaving years ago, but he's under pressure to perform well and he better deliver.

2 minutes ago, Blueofblood said:

100% agree. Cracking post?

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

Well hi hi hi diddly ho - neighbour 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Unbelievable the divide in opinion. Can’t wait til he scores and see the haters trying to kid on they still hate him just to be staunch.

A guy on my bus after miller returned wouldn’t acknowledge him, if we won 2-1 and Miller scored he would tell for it decent decent 1-1 draw ???

Any Rangers fan will be delighted with the Rangers win regardless of how it happens. Criticising anyone for hating this horrible cunt is baffling though.

Lafferty was shite first time round and he will be shite this time round. He bounced around lots of no mark clubs and got no where. 1 good season at Hearts and we buy him, first bad buy by Gerrard.

This thread is one of the worst threads I’ve ever seen on RM. I guess no one in here has ever made a mistake and needed a second chance, no one needs to fawn over the guy if they don’t want but surely to fuck he should be getting our support. 

Archived