• Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Katic.      Goldson.    Worral

Tav.     Jack.    Coulibaly   Arfield   Barisc

Ejaria

Lafferty

subs : Morelos, Mcrorie, Kent, Candaeis, Flanagan, Fods 

I like this a lot but I’m not sure Worrall will be thrown in for his debut so soon after joining and in a game of this magnitude (may be wrong) and not certain Coulibaly will be fit enough to start (although fucking hope he is!). But yeah that is a cracking line up for this match. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Ejaria

Lafferty

I’d be amazed if they stuck Worrall in on Sunday 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

me too tbh but 3-5-2 will eventually be Gerrard's preference.

Disagree, can’t see 352 being his preference at all in the future. Not going by his signings or the way he’s set up so far. Certain games, yes, definitely. Think if it were his preference though, it would’ve been introduced much earlier and signings made accordingly.

Just now, BearInTheToon said:

Disagree, can’t see 352 being his preference at all in the future. Not going by his signings or the way he’s set up so far. Certain games, yes, definitely. Think if it were his preference though, it would’ve been introduced much earlier and signings made accordingly.

He tried to get Cooper from Millwall early in the transfer window. That is the formation he want imo and now he has Worral who he guaranteed Forest playing time. The odd one out is Flanagan who I think he likes.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He tried to get Cooper from Millwall early in the transfer window. That is the formation he want imo and now he has Worral who he guaranteed Forest playing time. The odd one out is Flanagan who I think he likes.

Sure, cos he didn’t have any other centre backs at the time other than Goldson and Katic, the latter being someone I’m not sure he was certain would fit right in, right away.  So he needed a 3rd quality option, likely with Katic being the one to drop out. But given he’s been unreal, the need for that 3rd top quality CB has lessened.

Also, I reckon the fact Kent almost certainly has the same agreement in place to play, and that we’ve brought in Barisic, just paid £2m for Grezda and that there’s no chance Tav is getting dropped, then it all points to those 4. Throw in having Candeias, Middleton and Murphy, I simply don’t think you can/he would carry that number of wide players without 433, his system to date, being the preferred option.

All opinions though mate ?

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

Sure, cos he didn’t have any other centre backs at the time other than Goldson and Katic, the latter being someone I’m not sure he was certain would fit right in, right away.  So he needed a 3rd quality option, likely with Katic being the one to drop out. But given he’s been unreal, the need for that 3rd top quality CB has lessened.

Also, I reckon the fact Kent almost certainly has the same agreement in place to play, and that we’ve brought in Barisic, just paid £2m for Grezda and that there’s no chance Tav is getting dropped, then it all points to those 4. Throw in having Candeias, Middleton and Murphy, I simply don’t think you can/he would carry that number of wide players without 433, his system to date, being the preferred option.

All opinions though mate ?

You have a point re wide men.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Ejaria

Lafferty

You'd still go three at the back after Motherwell last week? 

Thought people were a bit mental suggesting changing to it when we had been performing well with 4, but to suggest it after that on Sunday is insane mate

Just now, GT66 said:

You'd still go three at the back after Motherwell last week? 

Thought people were a bit mental suggesting changing to it when we had been performing well with 4, but to suggest it after that on Sunday is insane mate

Motherwell was a blip mate. I still think its the way forward though I'm not confident Sunday is the right time for it either

me too tbh but 3-5-2 will eventually be Gerrard's preference.

Doubt it. 

I know we've got three cbs now who should be first picks, or would expect to be, but with the amount of games we'll have there will need to be some rotation. 

Some centre backs just aren't comfortable, and don't know how to play in a back three aswell. 

Motherwell was a blip mate. I still think its the way forward though I'm not confident Sunday is the right time for it either

Maybe, but we've got two centre backs that have looked solid in a back 4 so there's no reason to rock the boat imo. 

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’d be amazed if they stuck Worrall in on Sunday 

Talk about a baptism of fire!

I'd like to see something like 

McGregor

Tav       Goldson         Katic         Barasic

Jack

Candeias                                            Kent

Ejaria                  

Morelos          Lafferty 

Archived