Andy Cap(tain)

BallochBear

I know Middleton got motm and all the plaudits, but in other games AH would have got it for that performance last night.

He's got the faith of the manager, is repaying it and more, and we are benefitting as a direct result.

Gerrards man management skills must be akin to Sir Alex/Walter if he's getting that kind of tune out of Halliday. The guy looked like he was all heart and no ability, now showing he's a crucial member of the squad. Supposedly one of very few who actually talks to every member of the squad every day and making them part of one unit.

Bravo Mr Halliday ?

Bravo Mr Gerrard ?

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was brilliant last night, but it was against Ayr. After Middleton he was the best player on the pitch.

But going overboard on his performances means he’ll get all sorts of abuse again when he comes into the team against celtic due to injuries or something and is out of his depth.

He’s a decent squad option who can come in against lesser teams and play well. Can’t we all just be happy with that?

I'm not going overboard, I'm merely stating my opinion based on what I have seen of him, Barasic and Flanagan at left back so far.

*edit* also thought Ejaria was better than him last night.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

I'm not going overboard, I'm merely stating my opinion based on what I have seen of him, Barasic and Flanagan at left back so far.

Barasic has been decent against much stronger opposition at LB.

Agree on Flanagan though.

I thought he was even really poor last night in his supposed best position against a newly promoted Championship side.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Barasic has been decent against much stronger opposition at LB.

Agree on Flanagan though.

I thought he was even really poor last night in his supposed best position against a newly promoted Championship side.

Not convinced yet by Barasic tbh, he has been ok but not much above that. Early days though and I still believe he will be a good signing in the long run.

Flanagan was the worst player on the pitch for us last night, lost the ball so many times. Did have a few timely tackles though tbf.

Yes ... he's certainly come a long way .... from being sent off for celebrating a goal at Cappielow and in turn possibly inciting a riot ( according to the numb nut ref) that would have seen Greenck being burnt to the ground ... to being the captain of our team .... :p:

He did the position proud last night and his form has been outstanding long may it continue.

:UK: