Qualification From the Group Stage

Inigo

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

No I’ve seen 9k branded about traveling but to the lad that asked all got tickets? of course Rapid aren’t giving us 9k tickets ???

Well, if you're in the Rapid end come back with that 'come on you boys in green' banner or don't come back at all.

Two draws could actually be enough.

No point doing the permutations at this stage,  all we need to do is go for the jugular against Villarreal with the crowd producing an intimidating atmosphere.   A draw would however mean that Villarreal would still have to get something against Spartak and may have to beat Spartak to ensure qualification.  If Spartak beat Vienna then Vienna are out which would benefit us in the last game.

If we could pull out a performance similar to that Parma game and win against Villareal then I think it would be decisive, no shoddy defending, clinical finishing and McGreggor at his best. It is not beyond us but we certainly have to improve on tonight's showing defensively especially. The boost we would take if we were to win that one would see us through :nailbiting:

43 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

We’ll probably be level on points with Spartak and they’ll finish ahead of us on head to head. That Grezda miss right at the end at Ibrox will haunt us.

And, I know he didn’t get much time, another low impact few minutes from him tonight.

At the end of the day we were the fourth seed in the group, and we were delighted to even make the group stage.

Of course I'd love us to qualify, but I can honestly say I wouldn't be gutted if we didn't.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Someone's feeling optimistic the day.

I understand and feel everyone's anger and frustration, especially in the aftermath of a bitterly disappointing defeat. I feel the same. I also share some concerns that have been raised and I enjoy everyone expressing their opinions in different ways however sometimes we all, myself included, get carried away after a tough loss or a convincing win and say things that are a tad outlandish, and not quite accurate, when the reality is we are somewhere in between. 

We are one big performance away from having a real chance of going through. It's a position we'd all have taken to begin with. We've just become a little greedy, understandably so, after some good performances. After about 55 minutes we were also within touching distance of qualification so now we feel like it's almost been swiftly taken away from us which is a bit of a kick in the baws. However it's not quite lost yet. If we don't qualify these two games against Spartak will absolutely come back to haunt us but we're due a bit of luck. Hopefully it come against Villareal.