***Official Rangers v Villarreal Match Thread***

Amac9

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Puts us out as Spartak have the better head to head. A lot of what ifs in football but had Grezda scored right at the end against them we’d have the better head to head on away goals 😞

If Morelos goal hadnt been incorrectly ruled offside we would of got at least a point against spartak 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is pros and cons for both Flanagan and Halliday but I feel it will be Flanagan who gets the call for this one. As said above defensively he is better but for me it all depends on who is ahead of him and if they will track back to cover aswell because for me Middleton has not offered much in this department 

1 hour ago, livibear101 said:

There is pros and cons for both Flanagan and Halliday but I feel it will be Flanagan who gets the call for this one. As said above defensively he is better but for me it all depends on who is ahead of him and if they will track back to cover aswell because for me Middleton has not offered much in this department 

And that's one of the things I'm sure SG keeps meaning when he often mentions that Middleton still has alot of stuff to work on with regard to his overall game.

Either way, has to be Flanagan instead of Halliday at LB.

Has to be Halliday at Left back, never thought I’d say that

Flanagan is the only defensive full back I’ve ever seen that gets caught out of position and wrong side constantly despite rarely being in the opposition half. His inability to do anything with his left foot totally hamstrings us getting the ball out from the back as well as we seen in Moscow 

Archived