***Official Rangers v Villarreal Match Thread***

Amac9

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game but as we’ve seen already we’re more than capable of a good performance.  Hands down Villarreal are the better side but they have weaknesses and are out of form.  A solid performance from us and we’ll sneak it but we need 11 good performances no carrying any passengers

Any score win would see us above them on head to head anyway if we where tied on points surely ?

i keep confusing myself about this even 0-0 tomorrow does that mean we have better head to head with away goals ? Or is is straight win/draw/lose for head to head goals don’t matter ?

7 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Any score win would see us above them on head to head anyway if we where tied on points surely ?

i keep confusing myself about this even 0-0 tomorrow does that mean we have better head to head with away goals ? Or is is straight win/draw/lose for head to head goals don’t matter ?

O-0 Would give us a better head to head but they will have one more point. So would need to at least draw with rapid and hope Villarreal lose to Spartak.........I think :lol:

We'll pump them anyway :tu:

19 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

The most important result tomorrow . Is the Rapid game with the Russians finishing a draw .

Then it's still in our hands in Vienna assuming Villareal take care of Russians at home

In fact . I would take 2 draws tomorrow right now .

Would mean a draw in Vienna would possibly be enough . With the Russians losing final game

Ten games in 31 days starting with Villareal on the 29th of this month and finishing with the bheasts on the following 29th, a tall order to come out unscathed taking all things into consideration but it'll see who's made of what. I'll be happy going into the shutdown top of the shiteheap after putting st pats to the sword, not much to ask for in the festive season.

4 points puts us through regardless of other results. A win tomorrow is tough to ask, Villareal are the only unbeaten side in the group, but if we pull it off we're in touching distance. Qualifying from the group is not the be all and end all, but it generates more cash, and we need to remember a better co-efficient helps in the CL qualifying campaign next season (once we get 55).

A draw tomorrow night and a win in Vienna still sees us through, while 2 draws or a win and a loss and we're relying on other results.

As obvious as it is I want to see us win the game and qualify, I’m just really humble to see us where we are today actually in with a chance of qualifying from this group, let  alone qualifying for the competition itself.

but I really do feel focus should be on domestic affairs Iv been saying it before last seasons europa qualifiers came about, there is absolutely no reason we can’t win the league this season!

However we are Glasgow Rangers and should expect to win every game we play 😄 

25 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

As obvious as it is I want to see us win the game and qualify, I’m just really humble to see us where we are today actually in with a chance of qualifying from this group, let  alone qualifying for the competition itself.

but I really do feel focus should be on domestic affairs Iv been saying it before last seasons europa qualifiers came about, there is absolutely no reason we can’t win the league this season!

However we are Glasgow Rangers and should expect to win every game we play 😄 

We’d probably only get a couple more games out of the Europa league so I don’t think it would be a major distraction.

Like you i’m glad we have made it as far as we have, especially since we were being told how we’d get punted out in the first or second qualifier according to our experts on here.

I think we'll go...

McGregor

Tav   Goldson   Worrall  Flanagan

Coulibaly  Jack  Arfield

Candeias  Morelos  Grezda

4 points guarantees us qualification so with that in mind I'd be happy taking a point on Thursday and head to Vienna knowing a win takes us through

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The worst case tomorrow night is us losing and Russians winning 

I'm almost certain that puts us out 

Puts us out as Spartak have the better head to head. A lot of what ifs in football but had Grezda scored right at the end against them we’d have the better head to head on away goals 😞

1 hour ago, Queensferry Bear said:

I think we'll go...

McGregor

Tav   Goldson   Worrall  Flanagan

Coulibaly  Jack  Arfield

Candeias  Morelos  Grezda

4 points guarantees us qualification so with that in mind I'd be happy taking a point on Thursday and head to Vienna knowing a win takes us through

Ejaria for Grezda and a slight change in shape.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Flanagan 

Jack Coulibaly 

Candeias Ejaria Arfield

Morelos

Subs: Fod, Halliday, Katic, Grezda, Middleton, Lafferty 

Archived