***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish.

Simples. We were out muscled by average players against some average shrinking violets.

There wasn't a lot of self belief out there.

Morelos was an absolute disgrace.

Flanagan, Coulibaly and Eljara are fucking horrendous and should remain benched forever. 

Misplaced passes. Poor movement off the ball. Too long on the ball. Constant back passing and so on.

The sheep got away with murder, whilst we are carded for just breathng.

With average players and particularly those none too physical, comes inconsistency. The team is not over gofted with ability. However we do have a few that aint too bad. 

We got out muscled and just couldn't get into our stride. We have no enforcer. No midfield general. No creativity from midfield. No leader on the park and need a decent striker who can stay on the park for 90 minutes.

The inconsistency will persist until some better quality arrives.

Live with it.

More dribble by you.

the stats say it all, he was out thought simple as that. When he sets us up correctly and gets his team selection right then we will get a result against them.

”live with it” 

fuck up ya blouse :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Not really.  The cracks are there for all too see, but tbh there really isn't much on the bench to fill those cracks.

Do we have any better on the bench than we played on the field?  I don't think so really.

Not that he's great but Halliday at fullback instead of Flanagan

5 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Rotate my arse. Halliday and Grezda have barely played! 

Rotating would be dropping Tav, Mo or Candeias who have played loads. Not dropping Halliday and Grezda. 

Gerrard and the players to blame but I'm blaming Gerrard for his selection.

exactly . Tav was shockingly poor tonight

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Mclean is a waster of a ref . He is not the worst but I can't remember any game with him being the ref , where we have played fluent football and won

He is a weak ref in that players can easily fool him with the black arts of the game ,

I dread getting him in a OF games as any diving from the opposition will get us in to trouble every time

EJ the whole complaining about the refs is tedious now , we all know how bad they are but we lost again tonight because they scored and we never , again.

McInnes has made us look like mugs again .......

28 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Totally deflated. One step forward two steps back every fucking time. Tims must be pissing themselves laughing that they've drawn with fucking Motherwell but have still gained a point on us.

By that logic we would be going backwards. There will always be bumps in the road but this is just silly.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Agreed mate but your saner head will say he's needed to mount a challenge unless we have a loan proven striker come in and that's doubtful. 

It was just needless, he has let himself and everyone of us down, we could have (probably not) turned that around and been 3 ahead tonight. Them dropping points makes it a bigger boot in the balls😬

Could have been a hell of a lot worse , as it  is beat them at Ibrox and that wipes the game in hand out. 👍

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

EJ the whole complaining about the refs is tedious now , we all know how bad they are but we lost again tonight because they scored and we never , again.

McInnes has made us look like mugs again .......

Agree with the second part but Mclean is a referee easily conned for me mate ,

28 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm not sure you read my reply properly. I already agreed we're better with Arfield in the team but my point still stands. It's a bad day when we can't beat Aberdeen at home without Scott fucking Arfield.

Didnt you say that Arfield isnt gazza and that we should play better even when hes not here? My point was.. a lot of teams have players (not always great players) that make the midfield work better... Arfield is that player. He makes our midfield work and when he isnt there it doesnt work... when it doesnt work we will struggle against most teams. 

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Flanagan has got to be finished now Barisic is back in the fold.

Trouble is we need even more cover at left back 

no we don't, BB, Halliday and Wallace. just need the fuckin manager to manage properly!

Just noticed they fucking drew. For fuck sake. 

We have absolutely fuck all spark in that team. Not one player who can dominate a game, not one player who can give us something different.

I thought we might have been hitting a little bit of momentum then they serve up that utter fucking dross.

wouldnt be surprised if we now win the next few again only to be fucking let down AGAIN on 29th.

Stuffy, one paced predictable football  - we need quality badly 

Where to begin with that. 

We're beaten again with the same tactics as the semi final. 

Manager got the starting 11 wrong. Grezda and Halliday should never have been dropped. 

Barisic and Halliday need to be 1st choice LB if fit ahead of Flanagan. 

Our midfield is total devoid of creativity when Arfield is missing. Big improvements needed in January. We badly need a playmaker. 

Morelos has let us down badly. I really thought that petulant shit from him was done. 

Result made harder to take with that well result. Blown opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

It was just needless, he has let himself and everyone of us down, we could have (probably not) turned that around and been 3 ahead tonight. Them dropping points makes it a bigger bot in the balls😬

Could have been a hell of a lot worse , as it I said beat them at Ibrox and that wipes the game in hand out. 👍

a win at Ibrox would also have us 6 in front if won this the night. pisses me off wi these stupid comments about making up dropped points. how about just getting the fucking points we should be bagging anyway and surging away at the top like champions!?

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Didnt you say that Arfield isnt gazza and that we should play better even when hes not here? My point was.. a lot of teams have players (not always great players) that make the midfield work better... Arfield is that player. He makes our midfield work and when he isnt there it doesnt work... when it doesnt work we will struggle against most teams. 

I'm not disagreeing too much mate. Still think we should have enough about us to beat Aberdeen at home without him.

Just a repeat of the game at Hampden last month & was clear from the start that Gerrard/that team learned nothing from that loss

Give Goldson as much time as he wants on the ball, sit in & defend then wait for us to give silly fouls away in dangerous areas

Rinse and repeat.

Games like that are why this squad won't win a title & it's why we need a massive injection of quality before we should be thinking about it 

22 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fucking hate this outlook, sorry.

We don't have world class players, with the arguable exception of Shagger. 

We won't win every game this season. 

Occasionally have a bad game.

This team isn't the finished article.

SG is a rookie manager.

Mistakes will be made, by both management and players.

What we have to do, in time, is get the right players for us (budget wise), and learn from mistakes (easier said than done).

Oh, and beat Rapid Vienna.

Just now, chris182 said:

What happens to midfielders who are here more than few months. See Goss last year for another example 

Happens with lots of players , they put a shift in for a few weeks then resort to the real player they really are. Thats why their clubs put them on loan , we do the same and its always because they are not good enough and never will be for the club they are signed to.

33 minutes ago, bornabear said:

SG is a rookie manager.

What we have to do, in time, is get the right players for us (budget wise), and learn from mistakes (easier said than done).

McGregor is the only one who would get anywhere near our nine in a row squads out of this lot.......

7 minutes ago, bornabear said:

SG is a rookie manager.

Oh, and beat Rapid Vienna.

McGregor

World class

:lol:

Archived