***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Sicknote Barisic and Rossiter are part of the problem

I don't think that's too fair.  It's not like they want to be injured.

Bad luck happens, and those two have had their fair share.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What tactically do you think Gerrard should have done differently then?

He made attacking substitutions to take the game to Aberdeen, with Candeias, Middleton, Lafferty, Morelos and Grezda all on the pitch at one point.

Aberdeen have in 2 games now got everyone behind the ball, barely troubled McGregor and took the one chance that came their way. That doesn't mean Mcinnes has "tactically out thought" Gerrard ffs.

Middleton not taking a defender on wasn't a tactical decision. Morelos skying the ball over from 6 yards out wasn't tactical, nor was his stupid slap on Shinnie. 

We didn't lose the game because Mcinnes' tactics were better, we lost because too many of our players were so far off the pace.

Mate who selected 2 defensive mids and one central mid? 

Who selected the defensively minded Flanagan? 

Who left Mprelos up front himself.

Who out of the 50,000 in the stadium couldnt see Morelos was getting sent off. 

Who knew we would keep trying to cross to no one that can head a ball? 

Who seen we were getting beat in the midfield battle? 

Thats Tactics....thats out thinking your opponents with inferior  players. 

Who knew they wanted an early goal then sit in and defend?  Even with ten men they sat in.

90% of teams coming here are lokking to do the same. We should have a plan for it.

Call it plan A

Just now, Albertzz said:

probably get abused for this but cash in on morelos in january and strengthen a couple positions.

Candeias works like fuck but he is fuckin pish and should have been subbed. 

absolute ragin way this pish fuckin joke.

too many passengers

Who you replacing him with???

Just now, gogzy said:

Not really.  The cracks are there for all too see, but tbh there really isn't much on the bench to fill those cracks.

Do we have any better on the bench than we played on the field?  I don't think so really.

True. Barisic, Murphy and Rossiter would make a difference IMO

15 minutes ago, Albertzz said:

probably get abused for this but cash in on morelos in january and strengthen a couple positions.

Candeias works like fuck but he is fuckin pish and should have been subbed. 

absolute ragin way this pish fuckin joke.

too many passengers

fuck off - sell out top scorer, Candeias was our best player

3 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

He certainly wouldn't be shoved off the ball, that's for sure. Ejaria is great at keeping the ball but that's where it all falls down. Once he's done all his trickery, he hasn't a fucking clue what to do. 

It's not just Ejaria though.....Jack. Great at breaking play up but can't fucking pass. Candeias. Wee fucking trojan.....wins balls he shouldn't, then hits it against the opponent. Coulibally. Great engine.....fuck all else. 

I'll say it over and over though, we invite half the shit that comes our way with the way we set up. Coulibally and Jack on.....there's 2 defensive midfielders on when we're at home. FFS.....we need another strong attacking CM in January. One striker.....pish.....especially when he's hot headed and you can't trust him to stay on.

I'm probably spouting pish as usual, just fucking raging...............we're a complete Jekyll & Hyde team...never the same performance 2 games running.

Totally get you with the defensive midfielders point 

IMO if Jack is starting that game tonight with Ejaria then I see no reason why Grezda can’t play through the middle with Middleton and Candeias out wide 

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

There's no saving grace to losing to that shite at home.

The paedos draw papers over the cracks

True Chris, it's shocking but given our home form this season I'm hoping this a one off...not winning in 3 attempts against the sheep is fucking sickening though. 

1 minute ago, Scottyarf37 said:

Mate who selected 2 defensive mids and one central mid? 

Who selected the defensively minded Flanagan? 

Who left Mprelos up front himself.

Who out of the 50,000 in the stadium couldnt see Morelos was getting sent off. 

Who knew we would keep trying to cross to no one that can head a ball? 

Who seen we were getting beat in the midfield battle? 

Thats Tactics....thats out thinking your opponents with inferior  players. 

Who knew they wanted an early goal then sit in and defend?  Even with ten men they sat in.

90% of teams coming here are lokking to do the same. We should have a plan for it.

Call it plan A

welcome to the forum Mr Warburton.

Just back to the car and absolutely disgusted.

3 full games against Aberdeen and score one goal and it was a penalty.

No passion, no drive, no fight just fucking nothing.

The ref couldn’t wait to send Morelos off but how long can you defend his petulant shite, it’s just fucking tedious.

Coulibaly looked lost from minute 1, the whole team seemed happy to play side to side, Ejaria I just don’t get what he offers. Anyone against Steve Davis coming back is a fool because that midfield was pathetic.

Just now, gogzy said:

I don't think that's too fair.  It's not like they want to be injured.

Bad luck happens, and those two have had their fair share.

I'm so fucking jaded. We've been burned far too many times with injuries players over the past few years

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We need a more able back up to Morelos. 

We can't rely on Lafferty.  We need someone we can call on when Morelos isn't on his game ( which realistically he can't be all season long)  Games like this will happen and we need someone reliabe on the bench we can sub him for.

We need Barasic fit and playing, we need someone better in midfield than Colibally and Ejaria.

We are obviously nowhere near the finished article, but tonight isn't the end of the world.  We are still joint 2nd with them and only a point behind Killie.

I think on your final point, you have to say well done Killie. Just going about their business picking up points. 

Other than that,  gutted we didn't take advantage tonight. 2 games against that shite, they've had 2 chances and scored both and just sat in, won free kicks and killed the games. Just brutal.

3 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

True Chris, it's shocking but given our home form this season I'm hoping this a one off...not winning in 3 attempts against the sheep is fucking sickening though. 

I thought that Livingston and Killie we're one offs but alas here we are again

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Just back to the car and absolutely disgusted.

3 full games against Aberdeen and score one goal and it was a penalty.

No passion, no drive, no fight just fucking nothing.

The ref couldn’t wait to send Morelos off but how long can you defend his petulant shite, it’s just fucking tedious.

Coulibaly looked lost from minute 1, the whole team seemed happy to play side to side, Ejaria I just don’t get what he offers. Anyone against Steve Davis coming back is a fool because that midfield was pathetic.

safe journey hame mate,clear your heed fi that shite before you drive,I have too!

They have set up to defend against us three times this season, and we can’t beat them once.  

Forgetting how bad they actually are (that’s the worst sheep team in years, for what it’s worth) we had no hunger or desire there today to get stuck in whereas they did  have that hunger.  It was the difference. 

The same shit almost every week where we lose concentration and the only sort of desire we see is coming from McGregor.  

Things need to change with the attitude and approach to these games. 

Archived