*** The Official Rangers FC V Paedophile FC***

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Cmon .There is no doubting that .We hardly played any massive big hitters .We did very well to qualify considering last year 

It's our record against hated rivals that concerns me 

The games in Europe that were there for the taking .To take us to the next level 

We have either failed in them all or blown it like we did yesterday 

And all I hear is the excuses getting trotted out from management .We surely realise we have been here before 

No one gave us a prayer of getting there, no one thought we would pick up any points when we did. 

Agreed on our results against rivals, they've been unacceptable so far but I still believe we're only 2 or 3 first teamers away from a title winning side. If we can address the obvious midfield creativity issues and a bit more cover up front we won't be far away come the end of the season.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

No one gave us a prayer of getting there, no one thought we would pick up any points when we did. 

Agreed on our results against rivals, they've been unacceptable so far but I still believe we're only 2 or 3 first teamers away from a title winning side. If we can address the obvious midfield creativity issues and a bit more cover up front we won't be far away come the end of the season.

I'd say 4 or 5 first teamers tbh, we have to many mediocre players and to many injury prone players, we need leaders and right now we have 2 or 3.

24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Maribor was a massive game we won against a good side tbf.

Bar that the European run is majorally overrated based on the Progres shambles.

Shkrupi and Ufa are shit. Osijek are decent. Three sides we should beat over two legs.

The group stage results were weak. 1 win in 6 against three sides on poor form and all three sacked their manager. 

You would think we beat top sides in qualifying and won a few matches in the group going by some on here. It was a good campaign and exceeded expectation prior to Q1 but when you judge it solely on the favourable draws, teams we faced and positive circumstances its nowhere near as great as made out.

Spot on .Excellent post 

6 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Fair point but being not far away is something I've been hearing for past 4 years .Playing catch up in ultimately and historically a 2 horse race 

Giving us a win in a must win game would be a start 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

We lose.this and a bid comes in for Morelos season is well and truly over before we even play another game 

It's not healthy to be relying on one player 

We either help him out by buying other players in attacking positions .

Or if we don't have the money to spend .Then sell him for a massive amount and bring 2/3 in that can give us more options

That is only way forward for me

Having 1 able striker is recipe for disaster imo  

With a couple of exceptions (Morelos and McGregor) the rest of the squad is moulded out of jelly, wobbly as fuck, unpredictable on whether they can stand up for themselves and give a proper Rangers-like account of themselves or whether they melt under pressure and slink away into nothingness performances.    You'll gather I'm about as far from optimistic about this game as its possible to get.   Pretty angry really that so many winnable games this season have not been won and that we should be going into this game ahead on points and confident.  

2 hours ago, jackg93 said:

A few cowardly performances have creeped in recently similar to yester years.  Need to do this for the fans for how we have suffered in recent years vs them. 

Candeas was appalling yesterday 

Another player who doesn't turn up when we need him

Earlier in the season we could go 3 or 4 good games then we would have a really poor performance, now it's every 1 in 2, that's what worries me massively, our consistency is non exsistant and the next 5 months will tell us more about Gerrards management, when he was appointed I said he should get 24 months to see if he can cut it, I stand by that, we must find form and consistency again, hopefully starting on Saturday as I expect whoever he picks to run through brick walls against that mob. 

47 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Candeas was appalling yesterday 

Another player who doesn't turn up when we need him

Usually don't mind Candeias but he has been shocking the last couple of weeks yet still gets a game. The over reliance on Alfredo is a worry but to think were we would be without him this season isn't even worth thinking about.

Unfortunately the way I’m feeling about this game is the exact same way I’ve felt about the past games we’ve played against them since our troubles started.

They and their fans will be full of confidence going into this game like they  have been for a while now and little wonder really.

I’ll be going to the game but have little doubt we will see another collapse if they score first I just have no confidence in the players to fight and have the will to be winners.

8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Neither us or them have been great have we? I get that people think they might win the game but they've hardly had the kind of form that makes me think they'll just stroll it. It'll be a tight game at worst.

Agreed, also we haven't lost by more than one goal at all this season, yet all of a sudden folk are expecting us to lose by 3 or 4?

10 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Neither us or them have been great have we? I get that people think they might win the game but they've hardly had the kind of form that makes me think they'll just stroll it. It'll be a tight game at worst.

Agree with this. I think it could go either way to be honest and here's hoping it goes ours.

9 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Agreed, also we haven't lost by more than one goal at all this season, yet all of a sudden folk are expecting us to lose by 3 or 4?

5 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Agree with this. I think it could go either way to be honest and here's hoping it goes ours.

For the first time in 3 years there's barely anything between the sides on paper. They have the advantage of having players that know how to handle the occasion and get the job done which is what makes them favourites.

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It's the mind set, some of those players have been in squads that have had 4, and 5 put past them more than once a season. 

I genuinely don't think they have the mind set to beat that mob, and as others have said, if they score first and early then I think our players will collapse again sadly. 

Hope to god they prove us all wrong, but on recent performances I just see it. 

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

For the first time in 3 years there's barely anything between the sides on paper. They have the advantage of having players that know how to handle the occasion and get the job done which is what makes them favourites.

A fair point, however,  brown's not the same player he was and are they without rogic? And being at home does give a big advantage especially when there's barely anything between the sides as you rightly say. We have to get the tactics and tempo spot on and if doing so I'm hopeful.

1 minute ago, Blueray said:

A fair point, however,  brown's not the same player he was and are they without rogic? And being at home does give a big advantage especially when there's barely anything between the sides as you rightly say. We have to get the tactics and tempo spot on and if doing so I'm hopeful.

People go on about Brown too much in these games. He dictates fuck all and the reason he gets to "stroll about the park like he owns the place" is because previous managers have identified other players who can actually hurt us, like Rogic, and had our MF focus on then instead of wasting energy on someone who can just about pass the ball square and put a few tackles in.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

People go on about Brown too much in these games. He dictates fuck all and the reason he gets to "stroll about the park like he owns the place" is because previous managers have identified other players who can actually hurt us, like Rogic, and had our MF focus on then instead of wasting energy on someone who can just about pass the ball square and put a few tackles in.

As far as I'm aware Rogic will be missing and that's a huge plus for us as he is a player. I'm hopeful.

Archived