Tavernier

ForeverAndEver

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Personally i dont think most were undeserved as he has been nothing more than a coward in most games vs them and i certainly do not rate him as a Rangers captain but i believe that says more about yourself accepting bog standard players and elevating them to gough, amo or weir status for constantly being made a cunt of against them.

That aside the guy was absolutely superb today and read the game extremely well.  Certainly cannot and will not try and pick fault with his performance today.  The only downside was jack arfield etc were arguably better than tav denying him the motm.  Hopefully this will lead to better and greater things and being honest the guy probably deserves to lift a trophy as captain if he plays to that level every game

Lol.

So our cowardly captain (your words) was your motm in a vital match against the scum today? Low standards from you by your own admission.

Best to get your boyfriend to poof read your posts in future. 

18 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Lol.

So our cowardly captain (your words) was your motm in a vital match against the scum today? Low standards from you by your own admission.

Best to get your boyfriend to poof read your posts in future. 

Twist my words as much as u like im happy to acknowledge a great performance from a player who has so often been below bad in games vs them.  I guess it says more about you than it does me.  Not interested in petty arguments with idiots after today so batter in with yer pish

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Twist my words as much as u like im happy to acknowledge a great performance from a player who has so often been below bad in games vs them.  I guess it says more about you than it does me.  Not interested in petty arguments with idiots after today so batter in with yer pish

I rate Tavs but think there were better players today. I am entitled to that opinion. Why does that annoy you?

Your 'says more about me" patter gets more boring every time you repeat it btw. 

If you took the time to read my posts properly you wouldn't be making such a cunt of this. You are wasting my time with this tedious shit now. 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I rate Tavs but think there were better players today. I am entitled to that opinion. Why does that annoy you?

Your 'says more about me" patter gets more boring every time you repeat it btw. 

If you took the time to read my posts properly you wouldn't be making such a cunt of this. You are wasting my time with this tedious shit now. 

Cant recall replying to yourself personally so apologies but the point i was putting across is in my opinion tav is an average player who ive been openly critical on numerous occasions so i think its only fair i offer praise when its deservedly due which it is after todays game.  Doesnt alter my overall opinion on him as a player.  Your correct tho you are entitled to your opinion which i respect whether we agree or not.

27 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Cant recall replying to yourself personally so apologies but the point i was putting across is in my opinion tav is an average player who ive been openly critical on numerous occasions so i think its only fair i offer praise when its deservedly due which it is after todays game.  Doesnt alter my overall opinion on him as a player.  Your correct tho you are entitled to your opinion which i respect whether we agree or not.

Average compared to the standard we have been accustomed to down the years? Aye, probably 

Average compared to the better RBs at the better teams in the English championship or lower third of the EPL? Aye, probably 

Average compared to players in this league? Not a fucking chance

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Tav played really well today especially in his defensive duties.

I have been critical of him as recently as Boxing Day and I think it was deserved, but he stepped up today along with all his teammates and for that I want to praise him. 👏

He was tremendous today, along with a lot of others. Best I have seen him play in a long time. What is usually his weakness - defending... He was immense. 

I've tore into him loads, especially when Barasic tore him a new one. There is nothing in his game I could fault today. Letting others take corners was the right thing for him to do after he made a bit of a mess with the first corner. After that he done nothing wrong. Every player got at least a 7/8 out of 10.

That was our strongest team bar Barasic and they all played the way we all know they can play. Got to give credit to whoever it was that got them fired up which in turn got the fans behind them which helped them all dig in and give that little bit extra Gerrard has been talking about for weeks. I don't think they even got a shot on goal. The possession was somewhere around 60% with most of it in their half and most of their possession was in their own half. We had them pinned back for almost the full game. If it wasn't for Gordon then we would have had 3 or 4 goals. Can't ask for anything more. 

16 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He was tremendous today, along with a lot of others. Best I have seen him play in a long time. What is usually his weakness - defending... He was immense. 

I've tore into him loads, especially when Barasic tore him a new one. There is nothing in his game I could fault today. Letting others take corners was the right thing for him to do after he made a bit of a mess with the first corner. After that he done nothing wrong. Every player got at least a 7/8 out of 10.

That was our strongest team bar Barasic and they all played the way we all know they can play. Got to give credit to whoever it was that got them fired up which in turn got the fans behind them which helped them all dig in and give that little bit extra Gerrard has been talking about for weeks. I don't think they even got a shot on goal. The possession was somewhere around 60% with most of it in their half and most of their possession was in their own half. We had them pinned back for almost the full game. If it wasn't for Gordon then we would have had 3 or 4 goals. Can't ask for anything more. 

Agree with all that. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Agree with everything you wrote except it's Barisic. 🙂 

Tav could canter the old right back position but i prefer his cavalier approach and forgive him when he gets caught out. His stats for assists will be up there with the very best and his appearance stats are second to none. A pessimist will pick holes in him but for me he's a worthy captain. 

Tav is only ever one poor delivery away from being shite and the worst player on the pitch. 

His performance yesterday will soon be forgotten about just like all his other good performances this season have been, as soon as he makes a mistake. 

Most people can see what he contributes to the team every week and can see past the odd mistake or poor delivery, but there's still some, imo, who almost want him to make mistakes so they can say i told you so, weird as fuck tbh.

16 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

100%.