Tavernier

ForeverAndEver

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barry Ferguson being captain would make a difference because he would be in the team :lol:

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Him screaming at players might not make a difference but him taking a game by the scruff of the neck when things aren't going well like a proper leader would

He would improve our midfield, obviously, but you need more than one player to improve the whole team.

Just now, BlueMe said:

He would improve our midfield, obviously, but you need more than one player to improve the whole team.

Yeah obviously, but if you have a player who leads by example and tries to drag a team through hard times, instead of hiding, IMO that would make a difference.

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Yeah obviously, but if you have a player who leads by example and tries to drag a team through hard times, instead of hiding, IMO that would make a difference.

I agree, it would make a difference, but he wouldn't make Lafferty, Flanagan, Coulibaly ect any better. We need better  quality players for the standards to improve imo. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

I agree, it would make a difference, but he wouldn't make Lafferty, Flanagan, Coulibaly ect any better. We need better  quality players for the standards to improve imo. 

Definitely. It wouldn't fix our all our problems but I think having an inspirational captain can make a difference. 

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Definitely. It wouldn't fix our all our problems but I think having an inspirational captain can make a difference. 

When you have guys like McGregor and Lafferty in the dressing room, who've both been part of successful title winning Rangers teams in the past and know the standards the fans expect, that should be more than enough inspiration. 

Davie weir wasn't a very inspirational captain in the sense he never shouted or grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck, but he did have a quality, settled squad around him.

Not a day for rubbing anybody’s nose in it but even his doubters must see his performance today and realise what us guys who like him, see in him.

he’s played better than that today but I know doing it against the tarriers is something a few people didn’t like about him

and captain? I think arfield deserves it because today he looked made for it but I’ve no problems with tav if the team play like that, arfield didn’t need the armband today to lead us

4 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Not a day for rubbing anybody’s nose in it but even his doubters must see his performance today and realise what us guys who like him see in him 

he’s played better than that today but I know doing it against the tarriers is something a few people didn’t like about him

and captain? I think arfield deserves it because today he looked made for it but I’ve no problems with tav if the team play like that, arfield didn’t need the armband today to lead us

I want to see Tav lift a trophy over his shoulders.