How Do You Judge SG So Far?

BridgeIsBlue

11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Slippy G, a reference to the worst incident in a person's career, one that probably haunts him, to personally insult the manager of the team you support for no reason is fenian like and deserves a doing not just a banning mate. 

I get what you're saying but fuck me that patter is honkin 

I've stopped using it now mate, but I loved the incident and still do. 

I view Stevie G the same way I did last week and the week before .

The guys has transformed our club, looking at results we could be sitting comfortable at the top ahead of the pack but I can't be too critical of that given resources at his disposal.

I believe we will get stronger in the second part of the season and I'm confident we will have reinforcements in place for the next assault. Sure they will add also but that doesn't matter, momentum is firmly with us and no longer can they just turn up and give us a doin........that ship has sailed.

Right players in and I believe we can eventually pile too much pressure on them they won't be able to handle it. Stevie G has my full backing regardless how this season pans out as he has shown with time he improves this club, team and players at every turn.

Guys can we get back on topic please? The gsa thing is over and done with, let's not give that chat any more attention. As a wise man once said 'the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about'.

So, for me its very much a work in progress,there were always going to be ups and downs, but given where we have been, its been good so far. I would have taken UL group stage and being very much in the hunt for the league at this stsge, along with a win over them. Theres a long way to go and there will be more setbacks but we have improved in many areas and long may that continue!

12/10

I think Gerrard has done an incredible job. Our club was fragmented and disgraced in May. The difference is night and day and to do it in such a short space of time while getting us European football and all the money that goes with it is remarkable. 

For someone so young and in his first senior level managerial role he has done incredibly well and he is so fuckng credible in front of the camera. He controls the narrative of the haters facing him.

The man is a pro and the breath of fresh air that we needed.

Our whole outlook has changed. He has given me at least real hope.

He's got Halliday playing like he himself probably thought he never had in him. Nice touch actually that he saw something there and put his faith him.

The thing is with Gerrard, you get the feeling that everything is possible. 

Sure he's made mistakes, but even in dropping points, I can get angry but not depressed, because of what he is, I have faith in him.

He is a winner. A thorough professional who enhances our image and has restored our brand.

We are getting there and the second half of the season is going to be dynamite and for what it's worth, I think the taigs wil implode. We now have their measure and they know we are coming and are bricking it. Gerrard gives the taigs the fear and they hate us having him.

He may not be the big name in management YET, but by the end of this season, a new king will be crowned (no offence Dave, you know what I mean) and he will go on to be as good a manager as he was a player.

I love that he’s our manager and firmly believe he’ll bring back the times we all crave. To be a win from Europe after Christmas and level on points with the filth at new year  is an incredible turnaround, all from a guy who’s first team management debut was July past. He has half a season and good coaching staff behind him so who knows what he can be achieved. I can’t wait to find out.

7.5/10 so far from me.

Done well in Europe which has brought money in and raised our profile and has us in a proper title challenge.

Has made some mistakes tactically and bad substitutions which have contributed to us dropping points but that was always to be expected from a manager in his first job. 

A few signings who are looking questionable (the money spent one grezda is looking like a waste) but again understandable overall when you look at the size of the overhaul he overseen and how quickly he did it.

We are unquestionably in a good position for the second half of the season. No Europe (disappointing to go out but the silver lining is it reduces the schedule and allows us to focus on the league) a couple of clever, well thought out additions to the squad in the window and we will go on to have a good second half of the season.

As the train rolls on, more and more doubters ( of their own ability ) are buying into it and that is why the performance we saw on Saturday. More and more of the squad are realising that by putting 100% ( or more ) into it, they can achieve, like Andy Hailday, levels of performance that perhaps they thought were beyond them.

The magical thing, for me, is that his presence, the belief and the success he has created, make it more likely that playing targets, who previously would not have considered coming to Ibrox, will now do so.

2 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Admin are doing something about it now, thankfully. When i first signed up on here, that would've got you banned instantly. 

You wouldn't get away with calling the Rangers manager brain dead or any other shit in a pub full of Rangers fans, so no reason you should get away with it online tbh.

tbf if you signed up right now and done it you would be banned instantly.

Being on here near a decade buys some leeway, but not an infinite amount.

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

Guys can we get back on topic please? The gsa thing is over and done with, let's not give that chat any more attention. As a wise man once said 'the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about'.

So, for me its very much a work in progress,there were always going to be ups and downs, but given where we have been, its been good so far. I would have taken UL group stage and being very much in the hunt for the league at this stsge, along with a win over them. Theres a long way to go and there will be more setbacks but we have improved in many areas and long may that continue!

sorry 😞

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

12/10

I think Gerrard has done an incredible job. Our club was fragmented and disgraced in May. The difference is night and day and to do it in such a short space of time while getting us European football and all the money that goes with it is remarkable. 

This.

Never thought for a moment he would win the league at the first time of asking given our resources, if he does, and its a big if still, it will be the greatest ever.

Of course there will be ups and downs and points will be dropped. just wish people would remember this is a young team in terms of development we have players who are inexperienced and growing with every game. Our manager has done/is doing a superb job. he represents us impeccably, has transformed our team and given our budget has done a remarkable job for any manager let alone one who's in his first managerial position . Most importantly he has restored pride in the club. we're no longer a joke for anyone, we're Rangers again.

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Never thought for a moment he would win the league at the first time of asking given our resources, if he does, and its a big if still, it will be the greatest ever.

It would probably be my favourite Rangers moment in my lifetime if we win the league this year.

For me he got pass marks very early (Europe) and he’s installed back what we are and should be, very quickly.  Talks a great game and love how he comes across always referring to it as what it means to play here.

For someone who’s done this and only been here for 6 months or whatever I can’t wait till a few years time to see where he takes us.

You can look at the league table and see we are currently 2nd but we have made massive strides under his regime and teams like Killie are also doing well which signifies a massive improvement in Scottish football as a whole. 

We are doing better than probably most expected and if we can kick on from Saturdays result then we are definitely in with a great chance of the title. 

I for one am well chuffed with the position we are in and Stevie G can go on and not just be a Liverpool legend but a Rangers legend also. 

9 hours ago, gsa said:

Half of England calls him slippy G. 

I'll concede that was well over the top criticism by me, poor. If I bump into Stevie at the swings on Highburgh Rd, I'll apologise. Braindead was a silly thing to say. He was however well known in football circles, as someone who failed to follow instruction or have a deep understanding of the game. 

That being said, you clearly can't get banned from a forum for calling someone "braindead" or mocking a slip which caused Liverpool to lose a League. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer, let's see where the season takes us before Gerrard is lauded as the second coming.

Hopefully he'll be successful and I'll look like a "brainless" prick. 

You talk some pish btw