Joe worrall

On 24/01/2019 at 20:28, Swagger said:

The more I see that goal the more the idiot pisses me off. 

We would absolutely have won the game if it wasn’t for him. Whole team went to shite after his fuck up 

we where strolling it, killie where not in it, we couldve wnet on to win 2-3, we where unlucky not be 2 up and we where getting chances, worrall turned the game for killie. tactics etc. killie like to sit deep, flood their midfield and and box and play on the break, this is there strengths, worrall helped them with this, he doesnt make that game changing mistake, its killie who has to come out and take chances leaving holes for us to exploit.  Goldson and Katic for me now. 

A lot better last night, and predictably so. He’s just one of those guys who thinks they are a proper, proper player and get the arse ripped out of them just from sheer complacency outside of the big matches. He’ll go back to being a fucking idiot soon enough, probably after a stormer against Aberdeen. 

Can’t help but think we’re going to look back on that Brophy goal at the end of the season. Been saying ever since the celtic game that 6 points against Killie and Livingston and i’d have us down as having turned a corner, and favourites to win the league. We were absolutely on course for a win in the same fashion as last night until he shipped that goal. 

25 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

At the time I thought it was never a pen. But during the game you never do....

i think it was a soft penalty but I’d have been shouting for it if it was at the other end. 

I've watched it back a few times. He gets away with push designed to put the player off balance which it did. It wasn't a lean in, or coming together, he pushed. The boy was off balance as he was about to strike, and did go down easily. But the intent was there, he got away with it, it worked, but should have been given. It was clearer on watching it back than realtime or I'd imagine for those at the game.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've watched it back a few times. He gets away with push designed to put the player off balance which it did. It wasn't a lean in, or coming together, he pushed. The boy was off balance as he was about to strike, and did go down easily. But the intent was there, he got away with it, it worked, but should have been given. It was clearer on watching it back than realtime or I'd imagine for those at the game.

Hard to disagree.

If it had been Halkett on Morelos I’d have had no doubt it was a penalty and probably a red card. 

38 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

i think it was a soft penalty but I’d have been shouting for it if it was at the other end.

There's no such thing as a soft penalty, it either is or it isn't and in this case it wasn't according to the officials.

5 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

we where strolling it, killie where not in it, we couldve wnet on to win 2-3, we where unlucky not be 2 up and we where getting chances, worrall turned the game for killie. tactics etc. killie like to sit deep, flood their midfield and and box and play on the break, this is there strengths, worrall helped them with this, he doesnt make that game changing mistake, its killie who has to come out and take chances leaving holes for us to exploit.  Goldson and Katic for me now. 

Whilst Worrall is a complete liability, our set-up at Killie wasn't great.  We collapsed after that Brophy goal which is shocking.  There was hardly any drive to get back in the lead.     We should have left the set up as we had it against the tims.

I thought it was a penalty and very naive from Worrall. He goes to lean in to put the striker off but anything like that in the box and you are giving the guy an excuse to go down. Was very surprised it wasn't given.

He was a lot better last night and seemed to mostly just clear his lines which says to me the management team have had a word to not fuck about it with it.

He's not a terrible defender, in fact, on his game he's a very very good one. However, he is very complacent and a liability because of this.

58 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Whilst Worrall is a complete liability, our set-up at Killie wasn't great.  We collapsed after that Brophy goal which is shocking.  There was hardly any drive to get back in the lead.     We should have left the set up as we had it against the tims.

Hindsight is wonderful, yea you could be right and in hindsight it would have been great to start without Worrall but imo we where strolling it until his fuck up, killie where not in it and giving up chances. 

I agree thought it was a pen, clearly a little push to put the lad off balance and as others said if it was at the other end and a one of theirs did that to Morelos when he was through on goal this place would have been going mental. 

Not to mention the fact that it was Worralls poor positioning that led to the Livingston player getting the run in behind him in the first place, no idea if he was trying to play the offside too late or what but whatever happened again he’s a fucking liability who’s going to cost us points all season if he keeps playing.