Joe worrall

34 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I'm supposing that Gerrard would have told the players (again) in 'spade is a spade' terms.   

So, why does none of them take a blind bit of notice, hardly a reference for good team/man management.

38 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The fact that the team could not - or would not - respond by re-establishing a grip on the game and pressing on to score more goals to make Worrall's mistake less prominent is just as worrying as Worrall making the mistake.  Out of all that experience on the pitch - including players with previous experience of knowing the importance of these games to Rangers - to see a lack of positive and effective response should be a matter of much higher concern than Worrall.

As Gerrard acknowledged even after half time - when Gerrard had had the opportunity to get to grips with the team - there was no improvement.    It was pish and I'm supposing that Gerrard would have told the players (again) in 'spade is a spade' terms.    Too many players - well nigh  all of them - just gave up any notion of trying to raise their game to rescue a win or a point.   They just downed tools and accepted the game was beyond them.     If - and its still an 'if' - we get through to the next round of the Cup and go to Kilmarnock again I don't see us winning with the sort of attitude shown by the team - and by very experienced players - last night.     

That Gerrard could not galvanise the team at half time should also be causing him to think about what he needs to do to motivate the players in that sort of circumstance.    

The collapse in confidence after Kilmarnock equalised is shocking for a Rangers side.   The dearth of good quality on-field leadership is also shocking.   The inability of the team to respond after half time, and of Gerrard to generate an effective response is also shocking.    They have another difficult challenge facing them on Sunday.  Which team do we get?  The one which did so very well in the OF game or the losers of last night?

Spot on mate.

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

The fact that the team could not - or would not - respond by re-establishing a grip on the game and pressing on to score more goals to make Worrall's mistake less prominent is just as worrying as Worrall making the mistake.  Out of all that experience on the pitch - including players with previous experience of knowing the importance of these games to Rangers - to see a lack of positive and effective response should be a matter of much higher concern than Worrall.

As Gerrard acknowledged even after half time - when Gerrard had had the opportunity to get to grips with the team - there was no improvement.    It was pish and I'm supposing that Gerrard would have told the players (again) in 'spade is a spade' terms.    Too many players - well nigh  all of them - just gave up any notion of trying to raise their game to rescue a win or a point.   They just downed tools and accepted the game was beyond them.     If - and its still an 'if' - we get through to the next round of the Cup and go to Kilmarnock again I don't see us winning with the sort of attitude shown by the team - and by very experienced players - last night.     

That Gerrard could not galvanise the team at half time should also be causing him to think about what he needs to do to motivate the players in that sort of circumstance.    

The collapse in confidence after Kilmarnock equalised is shocking for a Rangers side.   The dearth of good quality on-field leadership is also shocking.   The inability of the team to respond after half time, and of Gerrard to generate an effective response is also shocking.    They have another difficult challenge facing them on Sunday.  Which team do we get?  The one which did so very well in the OF game or the losers of last night?

I agree mate and I can see the same thing happening on Sunday.the whole team look terrified to play on those surfaces.

Somebody said it on the match thread last night, but those were Kiernan levels of defending from him. We really can't afford any of those kinds of errors or lapses in concentration. 

he shouldn't be in the line up at the weekend but probably will, so he has the chance to "attone" for his error.

9 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Somebody said it on the match thread last night, but those were Kiernan levels of defending from him. We really can't afford any of those kinds of errors or lapses in concentration. 

he shouldn't be in the line up at the weekend but probably will, so he has the chance to "attone" for his error.

Just googled kiernan there to see what level he's playing at. He's played 1 match since leaving us according to Wikipedia.

We really have thrown some amount of money away on absolute dross that no-one else will touch, in the past few years.

2 minutes ago, backup said:

So, who actually picks the team, contract codicils or SG.

I honestly do not know, but I was surprised when he was introduced so quickly at the start even when Katic was still playing well.

I would have thought that Stevie would not have wanted to be controlled by the loaning club, but you never know.

9 minutes ago, Amato said:

Just googled kiernan there to see what level he's playing at. He's played 1 match since leaving us according to Wikipedia.

We really have thrown some amount of money away on absolute dross that no-one else will touch, in the past few years.

Just googled it too. How the hell did he manage 57 games for us?! Last 4/5 years we have wasted tens of millions on garbage.