Could Docherty be converted to RB?

trueblueal

22 minutes ago, TMB said:

Jack and McCroie are CDMs.  Docherty is a box-to-box player.  Gerrard has been forced to play Jack as a box-to-box player in midfield due to lack of options but I doubt he’s going to continue in that role now.  So no, McCrorie and Jack aren’t standing in his way.  Arfield and Davis are standing in his way.  I haven’t seen anything of this Kamara so no idea if he’s been brought here as a CDM or box-to-box.

Docerthy certainly isn’t a RB and won’t be played there.  Tavernier is the best RB in the country and Flanagan is adequate cover despite the shit he gets on here.

I disagree that McCrorie is a DM, I see him box to box like Coulibaly.  He's all about high energy, athleticism and drive. He's a ball winner yes in the Gattuso style but he's never a sitter like Jack. With Davis deepest we need a player with McCrories or Docherty mobility and strength but McCrorie is simply better. Davis will be a deep lying playmaker and Jack won't be able to sit as deep or we will be too flat. 

Jack has been moved forward because he was getting in the way going so deep and slowing everything down. He's better 10 yards further on as he doesn't have the vision to play a deep playmaker role and we don't need someone to take it from Goldson and roll it to Tav. 

You are correct Docherty isn't a right back, hence I asked could he be converted. I agree Tav is a cracking right back, but if I was Docherty I'd fancy my chances of getting past Flanagan and being 1 place away from the team rather than into our midfield. 

2 hours ago, Iggy666 said:

McCrorie was a rb in the youth setup iirc. Would rather have him as a makeshift rb than Docherty.  

If mccrorie  plays like he did in The OF game 

He would be my first pick in midfield 

It was sublime the way he copied Ian Ferguson notebook of not giving a fuck who he hurt when getting stuck in 

2 hours ago, j1mgg said:

NO, would rather release him than possibly ruin his career by shoehorning him into a team.

If you understand the OP he would be prepared/trained/mentored and that's not shoehorning. 

It's not the worst thought, OP. If you'd only posted eight days ago, I could have asked him what he thought when he was on the London bound train from GC. 😃

If Tavernier gets sold in the summer I actually think the natural replacement is Candeias, silly as it may seem. I actually think they're in each other's positions now. Tav has a better cross and shot on him, Candeias has better positional discipline and is actually a tougher tackler. They're both shite in the air, have great engines and a decent burst of pace when required. I love them both.

26 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

If Tavernier gets sold in the summer I actually think the natural replacement is Candeias, silly as it may seem. I actually think they're in each other's positions now. Tav has a better cross and shot on him, Candeias has better positional discipline and is actually a tougher tackler. They're both shite in the air, have great engines and a decent burst of pace when required. I love them both.

Taverniers not as bad defensively as it's made out among our support. 

Most of his critisms are about him being out of position when he's just been part of an attack up the other end. 

Laugh when a few people around me, who get out of breath eating a pie, slate him for not being able to sprint the length of Ibrox for 90 mins. 

He wouldn't have the same effect playing right wing going forward either. Most of his assists come from overlapping runs and doubling up on their fullback. 

Best fullback we could have gotten for a few hundred thousand, would have still been value for money if we paid what we did for Barasic.