Laughing stock

Bearsden bear

1 hour ago, scotty1976 said:

Interesting that there will be checks on grass implemented in the wake of Brenda complaining about the length of grass at Tynecastle. 

Brenda and Strachan now complaining too about the Kilmarnock stand moving itself towards a player on the pitch resulting in the fans connecting with that player. In the Brown incident this happened and resulted in his 2nd booking.

Feel sorry for him now.

Canot believe wimps worried about a Mitre ball. They were for pansies as a real ball was the old leather tubes. Got heavier as the game went on as it absorbed water and if you tried to header it late on you'd get concussion plus all your spots and blackheads would pop.  Getting hit with the laces was like getting slashed  just to cap it off. Ahhh those were the days.:whistle::rofl:

29 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Canot believe wimps worried about a Mitre ball. They were for pansies as a real ball was the old leather tubes. Got heavier as the game went on as it absorbed water and if you tried to header it late on you'd get concussion plus all your spots and blackheads would pop.  Getting hit with the laces was like getting slashed  just to cap it off. Ahhh those were the days.:whistle::rofl:

Fucking murder trying to make a pass or a cross when that bastard got wet. 

51 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Brenda and Strachan now complaining too about the Kilmarnock stand moving itself towards a player on the pitch resulting in the fans connecting with that player. In the Brown incident this happened and resulted in his 2nd booking.

Feel sorry for him now.

Between that and the shoddy workmanship with seats not screwed in correctly...

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

My mum used to go mental at me for ruining cuffs of my jumpers by pulling them down over my hands to go in goal.

Mine couldn't keep me going in trackie bottoms. Every diving save resulted in more rips and one whole side of your body lacerated. 

13 hours ago, tannerall said:

I remember the days when we started off with perfect pitches for the first month or so of the season, then gradually became churned up wet mud as the rainy season came in after Autumn.  Windy winter months brought occasional games played on snow, slush and frost, or thick misty conditions and fog, into the spring and a period of wet muddy pitches, followed by dried out hardened muddy pitches, and then rest of season played out on a covering of sand over the ruined turf. Lush turfed grass was a novelty for most of the season

Rangers v Aberdeen in the fifties. "Who worries about snow and ice when they are playing a game of this calibre ?." :happy:

62104237-C07-F-4-EC3-B622-C68-AAE9-E2680

Could be Rangers.....Hibs.........Dundee........who knows, but saw games played in much worse fog than this. 

_93187303_aa.jpg

Bottom one reminds me of Wilkins last game for us 

38 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Wasn't it Mitre who made the 1st laceless leather ball,coated in polyurathane I think? Jez they were class to play with,unless you headered the valve😆

It was fucking awful but all the schools in my area had red ash used to look at the grass and wonder what it was like to slide into a tackle on it.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Bravado as fuck with your team mates with the red / black ash scrapes on your legs and arse from slide tackles.

Screaming like a bairn when your maw set about cleaning it with the scourer in the bath.

Yes a across between a hero and a mad bastard 

9 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

is red ash also referred to as blaze or blaise or whatever its fucking called. If so i remember picking the gravel from my lower arsecheeks and knees. Horrible stuff. Ball rolled fast though.

That's the stuff, time some of these bastard pros were made to play on it