Walter Smith

wully

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

Spot on. We didn't realise it at the time, but he brought an air of security to Ibrox. I'm not just talking about the imports to the trophy cabinet either. Nobody fucked with us while he was here. He was our very own security blanket!

Totally agree. If a player stepped out of line they knew they’d have Smith to deal with, if he thought the media were taking the piss he’d put them in their place. Basically took no shit. And like you say, it’s only in the past few years you actually appreciate what he did as manager on and off the park. Tactically I was never his biggest fan but he got results and more importantly trophies. We were spoilt which is easier to see now. Used to moan about getting battered off of celtc and we win 1-0. I’d take that every time now.Rangers man through and through.

54 minutes ago, murzo said:

Totally agree. If a player stepped out of line they knew they’d have Smith to deal with, if he thought the media were taking the piss he’d put them in their place. Basically took no shit. And like you say, it’s only in the past few years you actually appreciate what he did as manager on and off the park. Tactically I was never his biggest fan but he got results and more importantly trophies. We were spoilt which is easier to see now. Used to moan about getting battered off of celtc and we win 1-0. I’d take that every time now.Rangers man through and through.

Thanks mate....you expanded on my points perfectly! :tu: