In Gerrard I Trust

22 minutes ago, Mcloy_72 said:

We played brilliant yesterday.But we need to beat hearts n motherwell.

How did we play in the first half? We got slaughtered.

They really did take their foot off the gas and we still only managed two efforts on goal. Brilliant is not an accurate reflection. 

Brilliant should be reserved for when we actually do play brilliant like when we burst them at ibrox

5 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

They really did take their foot off the gas and we still only managed two efforts on goal. Brilliant is not an accurate reflection. 

Brilliant should be reserved for when we actually do play brilliant like when we burst them at ibrox

Remember, we are at Parkhead with 10 men and 1-0 down. Previous seasons we would of collapsed and took a tanking like we have done. 

2 efforts on goal is not a accurate reflection either when arguably our 2 biggest chances didn’t hit the target. 

It looked like we were actually going to win the game for a large period. 

But there goes the story of our season, 10 men, dominating but just can’t score. We aren’t far off

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's a combination of things though and to be honest the 1-0 defeat earlier in the season could easily have been 4 or 5, was as dominating as any big victory in recent times. Bar the 5-0 game, we competed in the three Old Firm games last season. Deserved a penalty and were the better side for 45 minutes in the 2-0 defeat, got a draw that we should have won at the dump and we played well for 60-65 minutes in the 3-2 defeat.

The win at Ibrox in December was great but it's ignored how depleted the scum were before and during the game. Our previous managers had to compete with a stronger scum squad and starting 11. They have went backwards and losing Rodgers is another variable which will help us going forward.

However we can't ignore that we achieved two draws there under Murty, deserved to win one of them if Morelos had his shooting boots on, Gerrard at the end of the day has lost both matches at the dump even if it was unjust yesterday!  

We were humiliated last year and the difference is night and day, Gerrard got it all wrong in first game at paedodome but has learned from it. If you would rather go back to continually losing by 4 or 5 nil then good on you,and I can’t believe you even have the brass neck to mention murty.

This time last year we were getting ready to look for a new manager and the list was pretty poor if we were being honest (Steve Mclaren) was mentioned in a shortlist of 5 (He has just been sacked) I for one felt we needed a different approach and Gerrard was certainly different....a gamble but every manager will be a gamble for us these days...as for progress IMHO there has been progress but definitely not to the rate we all aspire for....I genuinely believe we need to ship more players out and bring a better level again, I won't be calling for Gerrards head as yet but next season will be make or break for him.

8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What were we honestly expecting this year? 

For him to come in and wipe the floor with them, a team who've been together for years, can go out and spend £9m on a single player, and won 7 consecutive trophies? 

He was expected to put a stop to that after two transfer windows? 

Nonsense. 

I was expecting us to be in with a shout of silverware in april, the last two months of the season are glorified friendlies again, yay for progress

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

We were humiliated last year and the difference is night and day, Gerrard got it all wrong in first game at paedodome but has learned from it. If you would rather go back to continually losing by 4 or 5 nil then good on you,and I can’t believe you even have the brass neck to mention murty.

Why not mention murty, the guy has two draws to his name at parkhead with worse Rangers teams against better tarrier teams, 

Yesterday was another big game, another load of soundbites from the gaffer pre match about fighting, standing up, being counted blah blah blah, and for 45 minutes we looked like a bunch of weans who shat themselves on the big stage, not for the first time this season

Gerrard is one of the classiest guys you will ever find. Even when Kent scored he remained composed. He has made mistakes but he will be a better manager in his second year. It was always going to take a bit of time. Just look at the ned on the other side when comparing class. I still have trust in him.

2 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Remember, we are at Parkhead with 10 men and 1-0 down. Previous seasons we would of collapsed and took a tanking like we have done. 

2 efforts on goal is not a accurate reflection either when arguably our 2 biggest chances didn’t hit the target. 

It looked like we were actually going to win the game for a large period. 

But there goes the story of our season, 10 men, dominating but just can’t score. We aren’t far off

Don’t get me wrong our second half performance was more like it, but we didn’t dominate anything. Kent got into his groove and proved his worth but they still had most of the ball and still created more chances.

So many things went wrong imo, Kent is the only positive to come from yesterday.

22 minutes ago, Mcloy_72 said:

We might have played well against the beasts,although it means jackshit if we cant beat the other spl teams.Thats my worry.

Said it at the start of the season - OF mean nothing in terms of the title. If we batter everyone else we win the title.

I’m in no way saying losing an OF game is acceptable but we have to beat the rest all the time. By hook or crook

Unlike recent years septic have been very beatable this season and yet we are still 13 points behind ... so I'm not convinced. Recent signings have been poor the loans have contributed nothing and Lafferty seems to be well out of the picture. He really has to do better for me

3 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

thats a bit harsh on the 10 men of Rangers. thought we played well second half and Gerrard had lennon tied in knots, lennon was clueless sitting with his hands on his face, we had a great chance to go 2-1 up, we fought our way back into it with 10 men. and were the better team.  if Tav didn't make that mistake,  a 1-1 was like a defeat and lennon is getting it in the neck today. 

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We lost one game 5-0 last year, one out of 4 league games is not 'continually'...

Second half yesterday we were brilliant but first half we were poor again, it's unfortunately a recurring theme throughout the season.

Aye we’ll just forget about the 4-0 gubbing, 9 goals in two games against that mob isn’t humiliating? 

7 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Aye we’ll just forget about the 4-0 gubbing, 9 goals in two games against that mob isn’t humiliating? 

Yes it is, but again singular results mean fuck all, ive seen better Rangers teams take a doing off they bastards, we still won stuff, 

Id take losing 5-0 to them every league game if we won the league

The fact people are happy at still being 13 points behind them before april when it's their worst team in 3 years and our best in 3 years is frightening

11 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think it demonstrates fine margins, story of the season.  Going to the piggery, holding on with 10 men to the extent we then get an equaliser and as we agree on the ascendancy isn't to be trivialised. Its worthy of note. To then fuck up due to individual errors and leave with no points is the bottom line, but as I say fine margins.

1 domestic game this season weve been beaten by more than a goal. We've not been pumped, its individual errors, seeing players red carded, and a lack of creativity costing us. Gerrard has stated he tried to address the creativity issue in January but couldn't. He's also trying to sort out the individual errors, but without strength in squad to drop players theres only so much a manager can do. He's gambled on backing Morelos, and been let down which hes now got to sort, theres no squad indiscipline issue as such.

I'd be more concerned if he couldn't see the problems, he can, he now needs transfer windows and finance to resolve them.  Small changes, ie several key signings will go a long way to addressing them. As I say, fine margins, and they need to start being in our favour.

But given the scale of the job, the relatively short time hes been here, and the fact we're now going to the beggars and making them shit it whilst being a break of the ball from beating them, most folk being objective would see theres good in amongst some of the poor results.

Next season fine margins need to equate to 3 points and silverware. But ffs look at the true big picture from where we were, how much needed done, and how far we are. Progress is being made, not enough, but the foundations are there.

Couldn’t agree more,folk say ‘aye but we are 13 points behind and haven’t improved from last year’ which frankly is a load of bollocks,you only need to look at our 3 games against them and realise we have improved.

next season is massive for our Gerrard and our club.