Who’s leaving in the summer?

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

If you think he’d be happy with only having half of it to spend after losing that much quality, he’d walk. 

Of course he wouldn't. We're still not in a great financial position, if we bring in £30m in transfers it will be helped to keep us running without the need of loans well as strengthening the squad.

10 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Like I said we’ll see, no chance Tav is going for any less than 8, Armstrong went for that to Southampton last year and with the contract situation with Morelos we have all the power. Dembele went to Lyon for £20 million so there’s your precedent. He’s also a far better player than Dembele. 

Think Dembele is better tbh while Morelos keeps getting sent off for stupid things. When he sorts that part of his game out, then hes a better player than Dembele. For that reason I think we'd get less for Morelos this summer. Sure he signed a new contract though so I might be wrong.

Definitely going would be :  Coulibaly,  Worral,  McAuley

Probably going : Herrera, Grezda, Kent,  Dodoo, Holt, Alnwick,  Lafferty, Hardie (or going out on loan), Hodson.

Possibly going ; Morelos, Tavernier,  Barisic

Possibly returning:  Docherty, Rossiter

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Was looking at the 11 and subs yesterday, and we’re actually looking like a pretty steady and settled side now - although that could change come the transfer window. Think we’ll be saving a fair bit on wages without too much effect on the squad depending on who we shift...

Loans expired: Worrall, Coulibally, Kent (might be back)

Contracts expired: Wallace, McAuley, Hodgson

Out on loan, but likely to be moved on (1 year to go): Alnwick, Holt, Dodoo

Perma injured: Rossiter, Dorrans

Gerrard’s naughty list: Grezda, Barasic, Lafferty 

Unsure (needing first team football): Fod, Docherty, Hardie

Potentially sold: Tav and Morelos (hopefully not)

——

Good opportunity to put some of the freed up wages on real quality. 

Edit: can’t remember what the deal with Pena and Herrera is. Forgot about the useless bastards. 

Kent will not be back as Liverpool will likely want a EPL or championship loan where he is more in the shop window or developing further.....Worrall was desperate to go back to Forest and Coulibally was better than Sadiq but can still GTF

Wonder if McAuley will be given some deal to stay...other 2 will be out

Out of loan...we will still probably have them somewhere as all on decent money unless someone comes in but we have had Dodoo for years and still not rid off

Rossiter has played about 20 games in a row and earned rave reviews.....Dorrans was back in the reserves today so will be back pre season

Grezda and Barasic will be earning too much to consider returning and Lafferty is on Tinder so he does'nt notice much

Fod is a good back up (although lets wait till Sunday), Docherty could make an impact.....Hardie I can still not understand why we extended his contract for 12 months then loaned him out....was it for a development fee?

Despite what Traynor tries to do Tav will still be here and I think a lot of people will be disappointed with the money we get for Morelos given the amount of stories that have been conjured up about him

Pena was released/sacked and last I heard was trying Polish vodka out

Herrera was described being as useful as a tree on his debut in the last loan deal....think we have him for another 12 months but I hope that he would rather be released to stay in mexico having coined in a few quid.

7 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

I thought he was quite highly rated?

I think he was. I think he has had some injury problems over the years and maybe not quite progressed as hoped. Not really qualified enough to say though. @Elfideldo or @The Dude would probably have a better insight?

26 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think he was. I think he has had some injury problems over the years and maybe not quite progressed as hoped. Not really qualified enough to say though. @Elfideldo or @The Dude would probably have a better insight?

Aye he's had a few injury problems over the last couple years. Not sure if that's why he's getting let go but with him turning 20 this year and still being a bit off the first-team then it's probably the right move for both. Liam needs regular first-team games at this point of his career.

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye he's had a few injury problems over the last couple years. Not sure if that's why he's getting let go but with him turning 20 this year and still being a bit off the first-team then it's probably the right move for both. Liam needs regular first-team games at this point of his career.

can we not sell him to crystal palace then :mutley:

10 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

28m is crazy talk and even then we'd be doing well to have half it reinvested

£20m for Morelos and £8m for Tav are the figures that have been banded around in the press recently.

Personally anywhere near £15m and I would sell Morelos and around £5-8m and I would sell Tav.

I also think that we would reinvest a good portion of what we bring in for those two, especially as they are probably our 2 best/most valuable players.

Out of Contract are: Hodson, Beerman, McAuley and Wallace. 

Loans expiring: Worrall, Coulibaly, Kent

Most likely to be moved on: Barisic, Grezda, Lafferty, Foderingham. 

Docherty and Rossiter will get pre season to impress Gerrard and co, if not they will be moved on. And I don’t think they’ll be hard in shifting. Docherty will go for a few million if we decide to sell, I’m sure of it.