Jump to content

Was King right about the great unwashed teetering?


Recommended Posts

At the time I felt his comment about then being one championship loss away from a huge fall was a bit of bravado and nothing more but I think it's becoming clear now that rodgers bought a lot of rubbish and put them on big contracts where as for the first time we are the ones starting next season with a settled team and on the up

surfsup2 and LineysLament like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

I think he was 100% right.  I think it’s stick or twist time for Liewell but with a huge wage bill full of dead wood and some hefty legal bills round the corner I don’t think they’re in a position to up the ante. 

I've always said this to doubters in the past when things change in football they can change unexpectedly and very quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was right at the time, and still is.  

When they bombed out of the CL this year, they had to sell Dumbellend to counter the loss in revenue.

If they maintain or increase their wage bill for the season coming, and fail to get through the qualifiers they will be in a difficult position, as none of their squad is of significant value to sell on.

I don’t believe they will muster new investment so are in a precarious position if they overspend.

Bottom line.  We win the league next season and the house of cards will definitely tumble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

I think he was 100% right.  I think it’s stick or twist time for Liewell but with a huge wage bill full of dead wood and some hefty legal bills round the corner I don’t think they’re in a position to up the ante. 

They are very much reliant on champions league money. They were able to offset the loss this year with dembele sale. 

A 2nd straight season without champs league money, very possible with 4 qualifiers and they will begin to struggle big time. That massive wage bill will become crippling. 

We win 55 next season on top of that and it will all come crashing down on them. 

magic8ball likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They are very much reliant on champions league money. They were able to offset the loss this year with dembele sale. 

A 2nd straight season without champs league money, very possible with 4 qualifiers and they will begin to struggle big time. That massive wage bill will become crippling. 

We win 55 next season on top of that and it will all come crashing down on them. 

I saw a message yesterday from someone who has a source inside the piggery....apparently liewell wants lennon in as manager but DD wants someone else but they have been told to get the wage bill down to 50milion...if the figures are to be believed then they are looking at cutting back almost 20million...not exactly rolling in it the way we are led to believe...no champion league football would see them plunge into greater cut backs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scotty1976 said:

I really hope your description of the future is right @BlueKnight87

I don’t want to just beat them, I want them crushed into the ground like they tried with us, imploding to the point that all their shite (in lidl bags) over the last few years comes back at them in spades. 

Sorted, let's not forget the carpet, plenty under there to look at.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I saw a message yesterday from someone who has a source inside the piggery....apparently liewell wants lennon in as manager but DD wants someone else but they have been told to get the wage bill down to 50milion...if the figures are to be believed then they are looking at cutting back almost 20million...not exactly rolling in it the way we are led to believe...no champion league football would see them plunge into greater cut backs.

Hope to fuck this is all true 

magic8ball likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I saw a message yesterday from someone who has a source inside the piggery....apparently liewell wants lennon in as manager but DD wants someone else but they have been told to get the wage bill down to 50milion...if the figures are to be believed then they are looking at cutting back almost 20million...not exactly rolling in it the way we are led to believe...no champion league football would see them plunge into greater cut backs.

Very interesting if true. That is certainly downsizing on a big scale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have all the figures to hand so dont quote me exactly on it. But iirc their wage bill is almost the same as their turnover (if they fail to qualify for europe or can't sell anyone). Not properly sustainable long term so it's only sensible the celtic board would want to cut that back now. Especially when you think of how much of a closed shop the champions league will be this year onwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I wonder if there is any truth that they have been put away a sizeable sum because they expect the child sex abuse victims to see them in court?

No insurance covers this shit.

They will pay, plenty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/05/2019 at 00:11, grant_rfc said:

I don't have all the figures to hand so dont quote me exactly on it. But iirc their wage bill is almost the same as their turnover (if they fail to qualify for europe or can't sell anyone). Not properly sustainable long term so it's only sensible the celtic board would want to cut that back now. Especially when you think of how much of a closed shop the champions league will be this year onwards.

I think their wage bill is the same as their turnover without any CL cash or player sales. 

King was right with his house of cards .they missed out on CL last year which has hit their bank balance .Pressure is on this year to qualify and if they are indeed trimming the wage bill they will only be losing players that other people want .

Where we have the upper hand on them right now is stability .We dont need so many new players as they do and we have a stable management that are already recruiting for next year.They are months behind us and will be shopping in the same stores as us if they are needing to reduce costs 

Dickie likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, magic8ball said:

I think their wage bill is the same as their turnover without any CL cash or player sales. 

King was right with his house of cards .they missed out on CL last year which has hit their bank balance .Pressure is on this year to qualify and if they are indeed trimming the wage bill they will only be losing players that other people want .

Where we have the upper hand on them right now is stability .We dont need so many new players as they do and we have a stable management that are already recruiting for next year.They are months behind us and will be shopping in the same stores as us if they are needing to reduce costs 

Hope your right mate. I can't see any saleable assets in their team to bale them out if a lump of money is needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...