*****Official Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

RangersMedia

I actually think we we’re fine tonight given it’s only our 3rd ‘competitive’ game. 

Completely dominated. Keeper had a great game. Won 2-0. Two goals chopped off and missed a pen. 

Good spells of play and signs of our new players bedding in. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

What does Jones actually do?

Well he won the penalty and should've have had a second one as well.  Other than that he runs at defenders... shame they don't move out the way and let him through!  He desperately needs a couple of tricks, step overs, anything to beat a player or pace won't be enough when faced by teams that sit in against us.

4 minutes ago, shenders said:

2-0 in a european qualifier with a goal wrongly called offside and an unlucky penalty against the post. Ill take it this team offer nothing going forward and well smash them over there too. 

The tie is completely in our hands. We just need to do a professional job over there and the tie is over.

Are cunts seriously slating Jones and Stewart 😂😂

Jones came on, won his team a penalty and arguably could have had another

Stewart made loads of clever runs and the midfielders kept putting the ball wide to the full backs instead of an incisive through ball 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Arfield never even had a great game tonight but he makes runs nobody else in our team seems capable of. Love him and when he came off we were poorer for it 

Easily our best player..........

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Sometimes I hate this forum.

Same, because how someone cannot say we dropped a couple of levels in the 2nd half, became sloppy and careless with the ball and looked frightened to shoot when we were in the box, is beyond me.

There are standards at this club both on and off the park. The players fell below that tonight, and the board have had a shocker in the SD debacle. 

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Can see you’re reasoning but think our strongest side has yet to be decided this season and the game time together this early in same will only benefit and not detrimental...

I think Halliday & Edmundson starting proved to be right decision so I would say that was our strongest side. ( yes, I know Morelos was off the boil and Defoe looked better when he came on )

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Well he won the penalty and should've have had a second one as well.  Other than that he runs at defenders... shame they don't move out the way and let him through!  He desperately needs a couple of tricks, step overs, anything to beat a player or pace won't be enough when faced by teams that sit in against us.

He did them but then never dropped the shoulder to send the defender the other way. He’s not going to be pushing the first team on this basis and I can only hope Kent comes back.

3 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

We were only 1 goal away from having a decent night. I thought our overall play was decent and we bossed the game for 98% of the game but unhappy with the chances we gave then near the end. 

Unsure why the goals were called for offside as on Rangers tv it never gave you the Ali g the line angle so u sure if they were offside or not. 

If tav scores the penalty I am sure we would all of been happy with the teams nights work. 

Certainly not worries about nexts weeks game but it would of been nice to be able to field a few of the squad players. We will go through comfortably.

on another note why is Barisic not playing? Was he injured? European home game and our starting left back is not playing slightly worries me as I have high hopes for him to become good. Surely (unless injured) he needs to be playing every game? No offence to Halliday as he had a decent game I just want a settled team and if it’s is Barisic then get him playing and if not sell and go and get another player to play every week. 

Barisic wasn't injured he was on the bench

2-0  a missed penalty,  a goal wrongly ruled offside and a inspired keeper but yet some on here would think we had just lost, yes there were a couple of dodgy moments at the back but we got away with them, we will beat them over there....these 2 games will be night and day to two year ago 

3 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Can see you’re reasoning but think our strongest side has yet to be decided this season and the game time together this early in same will only benefit and not detrimental...

The thing is .We finished the season with a very strong capable team 

I genuinely hope he isn't going to make too many changes from that .Going forward 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Are cunts seriously slating Jones and Stewart 😂😂

Jones came on, won his team a penalty and arguably could have had another

Stewart made loads of clever runs and the midfielders kept putting the ball wide to the full backs instead of an incisive through ball 

Jones & Stewart will be the whipping boys all season and 80% of the time is will be unjustified.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I think Halliday & Edmundson starting proved to be right decision so I would say that was our strongest side. ( yes, I know Morelos was off the boil and Defoe looked better when he came on )

TBF Progres players were out of gas when Defoe came on 

Archived