*****Official Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aribo and Edmundson were superb. Our best players tonight by a mile.

Morelos looked uninterested and Tavernier had an absolute stinker though 

I agree with all of that except the word "uninterested", he just didn't play well.  Don't  look for something that isn't there.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m suggesting nothing of the sort considering we struggled to beat them at Rugby Park with him in team and why would i want an inferior player.

I’m not comfortable with us being strung along until god knows when and then Liverpool loan him to someone else or keep him.

I'm pretty sure Gerrard will know if he's coming back or not  mate.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aribo and Edmunson are gems.  Ojo looking like a player. Halliday has again went up a notch with a sterling perfomance.

A couple off the boil tonight and Tav needs to step up from first gear. Just no sense on urgency in him. Misplaced passes, poor tackles, out of position, poor decision making. Needs a good shake.

Still to early to judge Stewart and Jones, but more just aquad players.

We are the much better team and should take them over there no problem.

Ojo will score 15+ this year.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Davis was woeful and lucky we're not only 2-1 due to McGregor save. Ojo bar his goal was meh.

We will score over there and kill the tie. Disappointing that its not over tonight as could have rested some players before Killie.

Davis is just being Davis , has a terrific game then goes missing for the next few , he done it first time around as well. Tavernier was brutal and should never have taken the spot kick.

Aribo and Haliday were superb for me ............

8 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

They won't score two.  If we score one, they'll need four. I think it's already game over. 

I said they'd never score two last time lol........but I'm with you. Shouldn't be a problem.

11 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Missed the game. On paper would have liked more than 2 goals. Were we solid?

Solid enough. Couple of scares, but we completely dominated as you'd expect. We tried to walk the ball through a tight defence - ball didn't bounce well for us and we made their keeper look world class. 

Halliday MOTM imo. Aribo and Ojo scored two peaches, they stepped up and found the inspiration in the final third that nobody else could. Morelos looked sharp but unlucky, as was Defoe. 

Edmondson, was good, but lucky he recovered a couple of times - bit lucky tbh. Jack was on fire and looked likely to score. Tav unlucky with the penalty miss, but their keeper was jumping around (not sure that was allowed) which i think put Tav off. Jones was lively but just didn't have the final delivery, but won us the penalty and could have been luckier on a couple of occasions. 

Evidence enough tonight to know that's game over. Surprised if we don't do them 2-0 or 3-0 over there too. 

Nothing to be too unhappy about considering we're still in pre-season. 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Fuck Sid, I can see it now, folk are going to go through the next few months saying " I miss Candeias " and " Candeias would have did this ". His crossing was 2 out of every 10. Jones caused a penalty and Stewart's lay-off to Jack was tidy. These two will have decent seasons I think.

Hope you are correct - all  I saw from Jones was pace and running into opponents. 

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Davis is just being Davis , has a terrific game then goes missing for the next few , he done it first time around as well. Tavernier was brutal and should never have taken the spot kick.

Aribo and Haliday were superb for me ............

Davis was brilliant the last 5-6 games of the season though he's brilliant...

8 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Missed the game. On paper would have liked more than 2 goals. Were we solid?

Mostly. A couple of attacks aside they didn't threaten

McGregor bailed us out though with a 1v1 save after Davis thought it would be a great idea to try a backheel on the halfway line and lose the ball needlessly. Can't be fucking about like that.

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aribo and Edmundson were superb. Our best players tonight by a mile.

Morelos looked uninterested and Tavernier had an absolute stinker though 

Morelos needs to work on his touch and passing he's struggling with both at the moment.

Just now, TopCat said:

This 100%.

We are a much better team than them. The scoreline flattered them tonight.

Course it did but it's the same issue as last season, we have a shit ton of possession and get the ball into the last 3rd then fall apart 

We're lucky they didn't steal one tonight & if they score 1st next week its nervy 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Hope you are correct - all  I saw from Jones was pace and running into opponents. 

Tbf, every time he ran into someone he got the foul. It's a moot point mate,  Kent will be on his way after playing at Murryfield.

Archived