*****Official Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chris182 said:

RTV angle seemed to show a defender closing in towards Jack. Nae quite a tap in

Fair, in real time it looked like it was an easy finish 

Morelos wasn't too far off himself tbf but should be leaving for his teammate as his attempt was harder to pull off

24 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The thing is .We finished the season with a very strong capable team 

I genuinely hope he isn't going to make too many changes from that .Going forward 

Think the new players have changed the dynamic of the squad. No doubt what your saying is correct but I think we now have the core of a very strong team/ squad and it’s down to SG to tweak what we have for the best outcome at his discussion... Personally it’s early days but I’m really optimistic that this season will be one to remember... (In a good way👍)...

Kamara back in ASAP please, him and Aribo should start every game with one of the others. Slowness and safeness of Jack and Davis was chronic at times tonight, dropping deep to take the ball off Goldson and Edmundson just to then tap it back to them which is absolutely pointless. In an acre of space in the middle of the park at times, they won’t turn and get their head up and that’s why we absolutely struggle to break down a low block as we won’t even try to play through a team

42 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Halliday & Edmundson starting proved to be right decision so I would say that was our strongest side. ( yes, I know Morelos was off the boil and Defoe looked better when he came on )

Looking forward to seeing Helander when he’s up to speed but how nice it it to have such a strong squad again that there is even debating on the best line up. Onwards and upwards 👍

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Bit of a disappointment but should have no issues seeing the tie out barring something bizarre 

Not as disappointed as me, waving at you after both goals only to be patched.....

Happy with the win and the clean sheet but that s it. I am feeling a bit underwhelmed to be honest but it's early days and hopefully once we play more games and gel as a team we will see the best of this new look Rangers team only time will tell.

Morelos is a greedy bastard.  Not sure why so many others are surprised by it he's always been the same.  I don't mind it TBH it's his job to put it in the net and he does it more often than not.

9 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Bit of a disappointment but should have no issues seeing the tie out barring something bizarre 

I agree - but it IS Rangers we’re talking about!

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Not gonna lie, found that quite worrying tonight. Everything that killed us last season was still there. 

Gerrards post match interview was like listening to nearly every post match interview from last season 

8 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Wolves only beating Crusaders 2-0 at home is a reminder to keep some perspective here. It’s all just about getting through and, no matter how wide the gulf in quality, you won’t always be able to win by 5+. 

Aye but the taigs won 5-0........... No, you are right, I totally agree.  When we won the cup winners cup in '72 we didn't hammer anybody.

Their goalkeeper was man of the match to be fair. 

A bit slack towards the end but shagger did his job.

They won't be able to sit back next week so there should be more space to exploit and I think that we will score at least one. 

Not the best game of football but nothing to panic over. 

12 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Wolves only beating Crusaders 2-0 at home is a reminder to keep some perspective here. It’s all just about getting through and, no matter how wide the gulf in quality, you won’t always be able to win by 5+. 

That is true tbf. There’s a reason this month is supposed to be pre-season. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Where do you sit I kept seeing some cunt waving at some other guys in the main stand rear for ages and they weren't acknowledging him 🤣

The Govan Front mate, waving at the Copland thankfully :lol:

Archived