Kent or Ojo?

beararse

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Read on here before he signed that he tended to be good early season then fade away. 

Time will tell if he can keep up the good form. Good man management is the key as its obviously a psychological thing with him. Bad players can't play as well as he can at times. 

The positive thing for me is. He started with a bang and looked a potential star then he did dip a bit. Now he's playing well again maybe the management team have found a way to get him going again. 

As for comparing him to Kent he does look like he will be far more productive. However it's not easy to directly compare. Kent did create a lot of chances that didn't get converted. Maybe Kent playing in this team would be even better than he was. 

Good post mate.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Say the man claiming he was ‘dug shite’

🙂

He was dug shite against Killie that’s a judgement on one game. He contributed zero and gave a foul away more or less everytime he pressed the ball.

Don’t think many will disagree with that. If I was calling him dug shite full stop you’d have a point.

59 minutes ago, beararse said:

Early days I know but  Ojo is going to blow Kent’s stats clean out the water.

According to fctables.com....

Kent: 44 games, 6 goals, 8 assists

Ojo: 7 games, 4 goals, 3 assists

So, do we actually need Kent?

Discuss....

Based on stats Candeias had better stats than Kent which just goes to prove you need to look at a bigger picture. What the player is doing off the ball, do they track back etc. Etc. That said I do believe Ojo could well be a step up from Kent. 

12 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

He was dug shite against Killie that’s a judgement on one game. He contributed zero and gave a foul away more or less everytime he pressed the ball.

Don’t think many will disagree with that. If I was calling him dug shite full stop you’d have a point.

Fair enough 

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

With the play and attitude of Ojo and Jones so far, I certainly wouldn't go spending money to buy him now and a loan would be pointless for both parties.

How would a loan be pointless? Kent playing reserve football all season would be pointless for all 3 parties. 

I would expect Jones to be getting better stats than Kent at the end of the season.

Love Ojo's pace and directness and i'm pleased to see that he's stopped that lunge from behind that he's been doing in the 1st few games,nothing wrong with how he goes in but the cheating cunts up here will send him off for that.

Great times ahead

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So what have you heard then???

Nothing mate but I don’t think we’d pay 8+ for him and yes Liverpool or others are possibly applying the premiership weighting in regards to value. I’m not 100% sure a foreign club will spend 8+ for him either during this window so I’m hoping we get to the group stages and make an offer to buy him for around 4-5 (only my evaluation) or Klopp changes his mind and we get him on another loan with an option buy should we win the league. If we win the league with Kent being part of this on loan then again we’d want him back for the CL qualifiers 🙏🙏