Kent or Ojo?

beararse

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Early days I know but  Ojo is going to blow Kent’s stats clean out the water.

According to fctables.com....

Kent: 44 games, 6 goals, 8 assists

Ojo: 7 games, 4 goals, 3 assists

So, do we actually need Kent?

Discuss....

Yes as we’ve won fk all, yet

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Both offer something different, would love both.

And FWIW in this team in this mood I think Kent's returns this season would be off the scale too.

I’d love both, suppose what I meant was ‘if you had to pick one, all things considered, who would it be?’

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

I’d love both, suppose what I meant was ‘if you had to pick one, all things considered, who would it be?’

Early days mate. Kent started slow, came good. Ojo started well (very well with goaks/assists) but hasn't ever played a full professional season. Time will tell if he can maintain form. Hope so.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ojo for me, Jones gives us the same option as Kent for a lot less money

The Terrific Three of Ojo, Buff & Arfield are going to rip this season up. 

My thoughts exactly.

I’d love to get Kent back on loan as it gives us options and would strengthen the squad but I wouldn’t be spunking  millions on him when, based on current evidence, he’s not really missed.

Id go as far saying Jones is a far more direct.

Kent spends a fair amount of game time cutting across the pitch.

Lots of ‘both’ responses, which I get.

So, who would you drop for Kent?

So far Jones has been electric, Ojo is getting into his stride and will be the player we are desperate to get back next season, Jack’s been superb, Davis is pulling the strings, Arfield is the engine in the middle and Aribo makes it look effortless. 

Oh, and there is Kamara who most would have had as first pick before a ball was kicked this season.

Just now, beararse said:

Lots of ‘both’ responses, which I get.

So, who would you drop for Kent?

So far Jones has been electric, Ojo is getting into his stride and will be the player we desperate to get back next season, Jack’s been superb, Davis is pulling the strings, Arfield is the engine in the middle and Aribo makes it look effortless.

I though Jones slept for their goal last night as he was running away from a short pass with his back to the ball. I don’t think it’s a case of who you drop but it’s just having starters on the bench to come on if whoever your rotating with is having an off game.

I would be happy to keep Kent if he was already ours. He grew into a menacing player over the course of last season.

With the play and attitude of Ojo and Jones so far, I certainly wouldn't go spending money to buy him now and a loan would be pointless for both parties.

I'll stick with Ojo.

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Early days mate. Kent started slow, came good. Ojo started well (very well with goaks/assists) but hasn't ever played a full professional season. Time will tell if he can maintain form. Hope so.

Read on here before he signed that he tended to be good early season then fade away. 

Time will tell if he can keep up the good form. Good man management is the key as its obviously a psychological thing with him. Bad players can't play as well as he can at times. 

The positive thing for me is. He started with a bang and looked a potential star then he did dip a bit. Now he's playing well again maybe the management team have found a way to get him going again. 

As for comparing him to Kent he does look like he will be far more productive. However it's not easy to directly compare. Kent did create a lot of chances that didn't get converted. Maybe Kent playing in this team would be even better than he was. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I though Jones slept for their goal last night as he was running away from a short pass with his back to the ball. I don’t think it’s a case of who you drop but it’s just having starters on the bench to come on if whoever your rotating with is having an off game.

Which ever way you look at it, it’s a nice problem to have 🙂