2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They informed us as far back as 2006 they were no gos. Pleading ignorance 13 years on doesnt work 

Really?? So your telling me all the songs/words that this week have been  defined as naughty were also clearly stated as a no go 13 years ago?? Forgive me for not seeing or hearing that dude! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Really?? So your telling me all the songs/words that this week have been  defined as naughty were also clearly stated as a no go 13 years ago?? Forgive me for not seeing or hearing that dude! 

Aye. It's been made perfectly clear we weren't to sing about fenians or sing TBB.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maybe so. But the point remains that its subjective to what you think is offensive despite that very information being available to the club to offer the support. Ask 100 bears and I'll bet you get more than 50 answers to the specific songs banned.

Remove the ambiguity, then it really does come down to anyone singing those songs doing so at risk to the club deliberately and without giving a fuck rather than unwittingly.

It’s very subjective in this shity pc world and even the ira scum seem to be a protected group however I don’t believe 50 out of 100 don’t know  what’s right and what’s wrong.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11616979/FA-pleads-with-England-fans-to-cease-IRA-chants.html

https://www.the42.ie/ira-chants-english-fans-2027803-Apr2015/

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s very subjective in this shity pc world and even the ira scum seem to be a protected group however I don’t believe 50 out of 100 don’t know  what’s right and what’s wrong.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11616979/FA-pleads-with-England-fans-to-cease-IRA-chants.html

https://www.the42.ie/ira-chants-english-fans-2027803-Apr2015/

I'm suggesting some will include some songs, some others. A few will miss out the odd song. I'm talking about all knowing all the songs.

It's already been demonstrated on here let alone those who dont do social media.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm suggesting some will include some songs, some others. A few will miss out the odd song. I'm talking about all knowing all the songs.

It's already been demonstrated on here let alone those who dont do social media.

I think the ones on here are being economical with the truth to be honest unless they’re still at school 

32 minutes ago, Mcgill said:

Theres a thread on FF by one of the lackey admins revealing that the Club knew about the first charge on the evening of the St Joseph's match. He goes on to use the excuse the board were only expecting a fine and were caught our by UEFA.

CAUGHT OUT BIG TIME

Fucking Amateur hour when all it took was to look up the rules to see what sanctions we were facing. 

To not warn the support about this was a dereliction of duty by these incompetents.

The board usually find a scapegot to blame when they fuck up let's hope for once they accept responsibility for another fuck up.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye. It's been made perfectly clear we weren't to sing about fenians or sing TBB.

Fenians? Since 2006? Really? News to me. Haven’t Uefa just deemed Fenian racist not secterian this week, hence the charges? I didn’t realize we were apparently being racist in 2006?

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Sorry but that seems to be a deflection from the current issue to a ‘what could happen’ and doesn’t help the current issues in any way shape or form.

Ross and the UB have a clear chance to lead here from the front and that tweet is a failure on his part as others will jump on it as a defence and an excuse to be defiant. This type of thinking isn’t a solution but it’s part of the problem. 

Do I believe they’ll come for these songs then No I don’t believe so.

With hindsight we shouldn't have been singing the songs. Was probably a matter of time before this happened.

But the board have underestimated uefa here and the fans in Warsaw were set up to fail.

When they scum come to Ibrox they mock TBB by singing the tune but with "ha ha" instead of words.

I'm not suggesting it by do wonder how UEFA/ FARE would react if we replaced words from the line "we're up to..., ...die" with "na na".

That would make the song non offensive and the only way to charge us would be because the offended knew what the words used to be and are now offended by them being replaced.

Any ways, ramble over.

35 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

There's a tannoy announcement to every fan in attendance at every home game about follow with pride - how much more reminding do folk need?

It's pretty easy to not be a cunt most of the time outside the ground....

https://Rangers.co.uk/fans/following-Rangers/acceptable-conduct/ 

Yet you failed.

No offence.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think the ones on here are being economical with the truth to be honest unless they’re still at school 

I think the vocal ones saying they wont stop have been just that, vocal.  If you compare previous posts on here to the guidance from C1872 / 4 lads then I'm sure youd find glaring banned song list omissions from good bears who dont want to harm the club. Jim Beam showed it above by listing what couldn't be sung but missing No PoR.

6 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Fenians? Since 2006? Really? News to me. Haven’t Uefa just deemed Fenian racist not secterian this week, hence the charges? I didn’t realize we were apparently being racist in 2006?

No. This has been UEFA'S position for a long, long time. They deemed fenian to be sectarian years ago. Which is why Ajax and Linfield have both also been punished for its use. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think the vocal ones saying they wont stop have been just that, vocal.  If you compare previous posts on here to the guidance from C1872 / 4 lads then I'm sure youd find glaring banned song list omissions from good bears who dont want to harm the club. Jim Beam showed it above by listing what couldn't be sung but missing No PoR.

The worst part in all this is the board could have used this as an opportunity to get the UBs onside with an informal meeting and used the UBs as the vocal element to not sing certain songs in Europe and have them lead the way with songs that uefa would find acceptable

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When they scum come to Ibrox they mock TBB by singing the tune but with "ha ha" instead of words.

I'm not suggesting it by do wonder how UEFA/ FARE would react if we replaced words from the line "we're up to..., ...die" with "na na".

That would make the song non offensive and the only way to charge us would be because the offended knew what the words used to be and are now offended by them being replaced.

Any ways, ramble over.

Linfield tried something similar and I’m sure they said it was even the tune without that part is still banned. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. This has been UEFA'S position for a long, long time. They deemed fenian to be sectarian years ago. Which is why Ajax and Linfield have both also been punished for its use. 

You need to stop mentioning that. It doesn't fit with the narrative that this is all down to Peter Lawwell working behind the scenes at UEFA and our board just accepting it because they don't want our club associated with the PUL community.

Stick to conspiracy theories and stop posting facts please.

14 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

We have not been done for racism. The charge comes under Racism and other discriminatory conduct which includes sectarianism, gender, sexuality etc.

Archived