Ryan Kent

BLUEDIGNITY

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Kent named as one of the ten best value-for-money signings around Europe this Summer by The Guardian

Off topic mate, but was Fabian Delph in that list?

Stunned that Everton got him for 8m when you consider the fees that fly around in that league. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Stunned that Everton got him for 8m when you consider the fees that fly around in that league. 

No he wasn’t. The full list is there.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/04/ten-of-the-best-value-for-money-signings-around-europe-this-summer

36 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Got him for £8m but his age and wages would put him further down the list. Meant to be on somewhere near the £160k a week mark.

12 hours ago, MartinGers93 said:

They are clutching at any straws they can get because we’ve signed him 😂

88D4B910-330A-4032-8F1D-37BB49CED775.jpeg

Lol gotta laugh at people who draw these types of conclusions.

Team A beat Team B 2-0 and Team C Beat Team B 3-0 so Team C will beat Team A 5-0.....fucking morons

We fucked up big time in the last game. We set up wrong we were not at it and we basically let them win. Fuck knows what SG was doing and again I will say that waking up to that OF  team/structure was baffling to say the least. Stick with the system and know its only 90 minutes so you hope the likes of Arfield, Davis ( although he was nothe the worst ) and hopefully our captain, never been 100% about him, feel we need a player who gets it. all nice being a club captain etc but I want a player who when the manager has fucked the formation and the new formation in an OF match is not working will turn round and express the feeling as surely we as mere fans are not the only ones who can see it...

Kent brings more than just goals and assists to the team. Team's tend to double or triple up to try to contain him because he can beat every full back in the league which creates space for others around him. His league stats from last season were 27 games, 6 goals and 6 assists. 12 goal contributions from 27 games isn't bad for a 22 year old winger in his first season. I expect he will be working to improve his finishing and he will be aiming for a minimum of 10 goals this season. I thought he was unlucky not to get a few more last season, I recall him hitting the posts and crossbar a couple times and being denied by some great saves. 

Annoying to think that the value we have paid for him was no doubt inflated by his performances for us last season. As for this pish about Efe Ambrose, just ask Lustig who is better.

14 hours ago, TMB said:

I was on a Liverpool forum yesterday and one guy said Kentl was held in high regard by his teammates.  Technically, they said he was one of the best, and was willing to take men on and commit defenders (as we already know).  I think this lad is going to be a real force for us.

People can say ‘aye but he only scored six last season’ I guarantee he’ll double that this season.  He’s on the ascendancy and will be unplayable on his day.

Agreed his numbers will improve, plus stats don't show the contribution out with assists and goals (like you said committing defenders). Beats one or two men, team on the back foot - making space for others, runs without the ball taking defenders away and teams constantly doubling up. That gives new players like Ojo, Aribo and Jones a bit more space to damage as well. 

This signing is a massive piece in the jigsaw to win the title - i hope anyways. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Someone told me that Liverpool haven't added a sell on clause?

Can anyone confirm that? I can see why they wouldn't, if it wasn't for his performances for us last season, he wouldn't be a £7m player...

Everywhere I've seen said they have, 6.5 million fee, 1 million in add-ons & a 20% sell on clause.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Can anyone confirm that? I can see why they wouldn't, if it wasn't for his performances for us last season, he wouldn't be a £7m player...

I read on twitter before the deal was confirmed that they had a hefty sell on fee in the region of 50%. 

That was from an unconfirmed source, however, so may be total bollocks.  I've had it in the back of my head that they would have a sell on clause since reading that tho.

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Everywhere I've seen said they have, 6.5 million fee, 1 million in add-ons & a 20% sell on clause.

Just now, Stunels said:

I read on twitter before the deal was confirmed that they had a hefty sell on fee in the region of 50%. 

That was from an unconfirmed source, however, so may be total bollocks.  I've had it in the back of my head that they would have a sell on clause since reading that tho.

It's 20%.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Was just a guy I was buying a roll n sausage fae who told me. I hope he's right though. 

Either way, I can't see us selling him while Gerrard is here...

1 minute ago, Stunels said:

They dont fucking deserve one. He was worth fuck all until we loaned him. If it wasnt fof us, they wouldn't have gotten near £7m for him. He had been out on loan a few times and not done too well from what I remember reading.

Archived