Defoe

Smile

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

If Barisic has taught us anything, it’s that players sometimes take a while to settle in 

Ojo is a loanee so he might not be here long enough to find the form we need but wouldn’t write him off completely. 

He's also contributed goals / assists and nowhere near as bad as poster imply  --- playing development football last year and now plying his trade in front of 50k every two weeks.  that step up is massive and why so many of our own youth cant handle it.  

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Brilliant gesture especially the ball after his hat trick,looked like it was a young girl he handed it to.

The young girl who got his top was one of the kids who was at Livingston and had to leave early because of the bangers thrown at the game. 

Whole family are Rangers mad. A terrific gesture by Jermaine. 

2 hours ago, jamess said:

Such composure in front of goal.  Morelos is quite brilliant at creating chances for himself,  but if you were to pick which of the 2 you would want pulling the trigger its has to be Defoe.

He has been dead eye Dick his whole career, all square in the last minute I know who I would want our chance to fall to. and the more big names bigging up our club will do no harm Gerrard/Defoe and Gazza all in house this weekend.

Liked the way Defoe was particularly effective when he dropped deeper and drew defenders out of position or had the opportunity to run into the box.   Think there is an option against deep sitting  defences to play Defoe in this deeper role with Morelos part of a front three,  effectively a diamond front 4.

I can't believe he's only started 4 of our games and is the top scorer in the league!

When you see him in the line up you just go okay whereas last season no Alfie very much meant no goals.

Hopefully the club can sort a contract for him to join next summer.

Have to admit I was slightly worried when we signed him.....thought it was money (a big wage) we could have spent on a permanent deal for someone. Also thought he would struggle to score. He did 'ok' last season, averaging a goal every two games. But this season he's been outstanding.  I didn't see him upping his game any more, not at that age anyway. But just shows you what a good pre-season can do. He's now scored 9 in 7......at 37. He's scoring some quality goals too. The guy's just sensational!

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

Have to admit I was slightly worried when we signed him.....thought it was money (a big wage) we could have spent on a permanent deal for someone. Also thought he would struggle to score. He did 'ok' last season, averaging a goal every two games. But this season he's been outstanding.  I didn't see him upping his game any more, not at that age anyway. But just shows you what a good pre-season can do. He's now scored 9 in 7......at 37. He's scoring some quality goals too. The guy's just sensational!

A lot of people were saying the same at the time (lot of money for loaning an ‘old’’ guy)

It’s turned out to be a stroke of genius.  :dance:Love him. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

A lot of people were saying the same at the time (lot of money for loaning an ‘old’’ guy)

It’s turned out to be a stroke of genius.  :dance:Love him. 

😄 Glad it's not just me then :lol: 

I was going to say that, pound for pound, he's one of our best ever signings.......but we haven't actually 'paid' anything for him :lol: 

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

England call up form.

After rewatching the goals: Defoe's second goal is a fucking masterpiece, that turn he executed is typical of him in terms of first touch. He's really sharp.

Then some superb dribbling, too quick for the defenders and I really think he had to hit the ball at such a precise moment for that to go in, he managed it. His instincts are plain to see.

Genuinely don't think it's an exaggeration to say a player with Morelos' strength and speed and Defoe's finishing and intelligence would be the best striker in the world.  Immense to have this type of quality at the club.

9 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

1 in 2 is a cracking return from any striker 😁

Archived