Defoe

Smile

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

So respectful of the club, Stevie Gerrard and our fans.......... just love the guy.......... one of my favourite players at the club at this moment in time.

Hope he signs a permanent deal with the club.

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sign him for a coaching role and tell him he can be a player as well until he wants to retire, there isnt a better professional you'd want to be training your young strikers at this moment

Soon as he stops doing what he's doing (training, playing, relaxing, recovery etc) that clearly works for him, he'll stop being the player he is. More so as he ages further.

He may well turn out to be a great coach, and I love the guy and would be delighted for it one day to be here, but I'm far happier with him a  player who helps others than a coach who plays. For this full season at least.

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sign him for a coaching role and tell him he can be a player as well until he wants to retire, there isnt a better professional you'd want to be training your young strikers at this moment

To be fair hell most likely be a coach down south and working with sky sports when he retires. Such is his fame for jist about everything he does.

I only hope he stays at least one more year , stopping 10 in a row with gerrard.

When they hit the sky panels all they will talk of is Rangers.

If he left this summer I would be gutted but watching defoe hit hattricks for my team makes me feel chuffed. And grateful to see such a player here.

I was young in the 90s I didnt grasp how good we were till advocaats era when I really paid attention.

2 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

To be fair hell most likely be a coach down south and working with sky sports when he retires. Such is his fame for jist about everything he does.

I only hope he stays at least one more year , stopping 10 in a row with gerrard.

If he left this summer I would be gutted but watching defoe hit hattricks for my team makes me feel chuffed. And grateful to see such a player here.

I was young in the 90s I didnt grasp how good we were till advocaats era when I really paid attention.

I would prefer he stopped 9 in a row. 

14 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

He’ll be stopping nine 

44 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

wtf.gif.58938348cd70ba777a81ff68821adb32.gif

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

one of my favourite players at the club at this moment in time.

In the recent past (the banter years :justno:), it’s been nearly impossible to have ‘a’ favourite player - right now with Defoe, Morelos, Jack, Katic...I couldn’t pick one.  We are a bit spoiled at the moment.

Right now he is the face of the club.
He was there to give the wee girl who was frightened at Livingston a cuddle,and gave her a strip.
He was there to give Dougie the guy suffering from prostate cancer a handshake,while he was on his tour.
He is scoring hat tricks and celebrating them with Alfie, his team mate rival for the No9.
We all know his part in the small kid from Sunderland,who was dying of an incurable disease.
He is quite a remarkable young man.
I hope his career ends with us and he has a few medals as memories.

Its been too long since we could say that there is a mutal respect when it comes to our players, players who understand what is required to play for Rangers and importantly able to deliver it and the fans support and appreciation. We have gone from none of these players to more than a few in only a couple of years and Defo is right up there. Just need to seal it by winning a cup.

3 minutes ago, The Blue said:

Its been too long since we could say that there is a mutal respect when it comes to our players, players who understand what is required to play for Rangers and importantly able to deliver it and the fans support and appreciation. We gave gone too none of these players to more than a few in only a couple of years and Defo is right up there.

Making me think I'm way too tired to read and should have stayed in my bed this morning

Archived