Allan McGregor

Swagger

1 minute ago, Willis said:

Why do you compare playing for Rangers to be like working the grill at McDonalds?

Matters not a fuck. Strip it all back, it's all about mouths to feed and bread on the table. It's all relative.

It's a job and if they are good and get a top club, they get paid well for doing it. Most don't even support the club they play for. Messi plays for Barca because they can afford him and meet his demands, not because he loves them. He won't be turning out for Thistle anytime soon.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to remember that football players are not always the brightest and simply listen to advise from their greedy agents. In hindsight, I believe that Mcgregor and Davis regret how they left and because of that, they are trying their best to make amends. I for one, will never call them rats like the shallow minded do on here. I see them only as fantastic football players who love the Glasgow Rangers.

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You have to remember that football players are not always the brightest and simply listen to advise from their greedy agents. In hindsight, I believe that Mcgregor and Davis regret how they left and because of that, they are trying their best to make amends. I for one, will never call them rats like the shallow minded do on here. I see them only as fantastic football players who love the Glasgow Rangers.

You can't blame players for wanting to get away from the car wreck we were back then. They have families and commitments like most of us on here. 

33 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Only on here do I here rat patter. It's sad as fuck and it would fucking burst ye. 

If we are to win the league this year, outwith Morelos and Jack, McGregor and Davis will be the cheif instigators in doing so.

Very poor from some in my opinion.

They used to do it for likes. Wankish now. We'll, always was.

21 hours ago, GaryMc said:

Also I hate when these types of topics end up about that rat bastard Naismith. I wish people would just let that cunt rot away with Whittaker into obscurity until they die.

Shagger regretted leaving is and it took bottle for him to come back, as you can see from this topic some people have lost all respect for him.

Way I see it he made a huge mistake but he is man enough to admit it and come back and try to make up for it. He took the easy way out during admin but he is taking the hard way back now.  That takes bottle.

Naismith on the other hand is a mediocre player who spends most of his time injured. He didn't walk away though. He ran away after telling the world our club was dead. I wouldn't take him back even if he could play like Messi.

Really mad mindset for some in this thread. 

If he's saving us from getting a drubbing week in, week out(which he has done in plenty)then he gets my support. 

I knew that despite him leaving, when he came back, he would do his job and serve us well. That's exactly what we all want. 

4 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Shagger regretted leaving is and it took bottle for him to come back, as you can see from this topic some people have lost all respect for him.

Way I see it he made a huge mistake but he is man enough to admit it and come back and try to make up for it. He took the easy way out during admin but he is taking the hard way back now.  That takes bottle.

Naismith on the other hand is a mediocre player who spends most of his time injured. He didn't walk away though. He ran away after telling the world our club was dead. I wouldn't take him back even if he could play like Messi.

I totally agree with this.

It's impossible to know exactly what the players were going through during those times and with the wages they were on it may not have even been feasible to keep them on the books until we had a club willing to buy them however the manner Naismith/Whittaker left with the interview etc was so disgusting and disrespectful to us fans that I will never forget.

I could understand players leaving for not wanting to play in the lower leagues as most of them see it as a job first and foremost but Naismith, after helping him through 2 massive injuries, just really showed no respect to us or our club that he claimed to support.

I never thought I'd forgive any of them and maybe time has softened my stance with accepting Shagger/Davis for the fact they are giving everything for our club again but with Naismith it is personal and beyond football.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Great post mate 

Some people need to let all that go .8 years later .I think we have a thousand enemies and people that should be hated before a few guys ,that just  might be trying to bring us back what we all crave .Glory on the football park and most of all Trophies .

It’s one thing to forgive but another to forget.

We can never delude ourselves into thinking that McGregor or Davis are massive Rangers fans, yes they might be Rangers fans to an extent but you are deluding yourself if you think that they are Rangers fans in the way the rest of us are.

We can support them on the pitch and look past their decisions but if they were true supporters they would have followed the lead of Edu, Bocanegra etc... (Who weren’t even born Rangers fans ffs) who transferred over and still got moves to the Premier League etc... 

Hopefully they can both help lead us to title glory and we can continue to support and forgive them but I’ll never look at them the same way I used to a decade ago.

Archived